Gaming Heavily considering a Vita. Convince me that its worth it.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know what, I say it's not worth it yet. Vita seems all really cool in the begin, it is a really neat and powerful device for sure. But it lacks on a lot of points, it misses the huge library of games, the vita also misses the support from 3rd parties.(they jumped ship to the 3DS)

I think it's better to wait and check out what Sony does at gamescom this year. They promised a Vita special right?

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has one hes willing to let go of for cheap enough that even i am willing to get it. I have some questions that I feel you all can answer. All responses will be graded on content and helpfulness.

1. Gaemz. I looked though the library of games and I really didnt see anything that JUMPED out at me. I dont see and essentials list for the Vita yet, so i think im still allowed to ask what games are worth playing.

2. How are PSP games handled? Are all the PSP games available on the PSN store?

3.And if i already have a PSP UMD theres no way to verify that i have it and either rip it to the storage card or get a discount from the Store? I just have to buy it again, full price?

4. Hackmoding? I know this isnt the right section to ask this, but i figured i want to keep things organized. So from what I understand, PSP mode is "hacked" and available but you HAVE to have the right shop titles to allow for it? And if Sony takes it down i cant get to my PSP mode hack?

5. Now, i know that games are going to look better thanks to the awesome OLED screen. But what about PSP games and stuff. Are they upscaled at all? I remember someone (guild maybe?) saying that he redownloaded Dissidea 012 and the graphics were... enhanced? I could be totally off my rocker here.

BONUS: Why the fop is the white one so dang expensive? It looks amazing but NOOOO you have to pay $350 for it.

1. Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Persona 4, Metal Gear HD,
2. Not all. Sony add new ones but slowly.
3. No
4. No Vita-Mode hacks. There are PSP-mode hacks but they only play homebrew.
5. When playing a PSP title, hold the touch screen and when the settings comes up, turn off color space. Then the games would look more vivid and colorful.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If anything I would buy it from this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/worldsbestdeals?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I've brought 3 so far all perfect condition and only paid less than 150$ for them. Just make sure to check the details since you could get lucky and get a 3G/Wifi one with 8Gb for only 150$.

1) Disgaea 3 if you love the series this one is amazing and comes with all the DLC so well worth the money and comic relief. 20$ for hundreds of hours and around 20 hours to just get through the story mode (without the DLC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.