Gaming Hearthstone

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who says this is pay2win is a fucking idiot, sorry.

Cards are fairly well balanced, some are awesome, yeah, but they're not that hard to even get if you just play for a bit. Thanks to card crafting. If you only focus on a class or two you can EASILY forge any and all cards you'll need for your deck.
The uber rare super awesome cards are still balanced within the parameters of the game, it's not like people P2W and get some legendary 20/10 1mana creature with charge and windfury. Lets not be retarded here.
All paying does is let you customize your deck to your preferred playstyle much quicker, or get out some interesting combos. But again with deck crafting that's still easy, and the game makes it fairly easy to get boosters and junk.

Matchmaking pairs you with people within your range, and it's most likely that after your first 3-5 games you will only see people in your range.

Also the whole mage thing...yeah no. I always swear when i'm up against a hunter because their cards drive me insaaaane. I think the only class that is arguably awful is Priest. I've never seen a priest do anything more than stall a game and never come close to winning.

Reactions: aiat_gamer

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing for months... but god damn, $200 for a key? Should have sold mine.

Anywhoo, it's a pretty fun game. If I win my first game (of the day), I feel a rush of confidence and have to play another. If I lose my first game (of the day), I feel pissed and have to play another to make someone totally pay for what just happened to me. I understand where the pay-2-win attitudes are coming from, but like the dude above me said, it's rather easy to rack up dust for crafting cards if you focus on one or two classes. My problem, though, is that I can't do that sort of thing. Every time I get a new class-specific card that looks good, I have to make a deck utilizing it. At first, I hated playing as a Warrior, but then I got cards like Frothing Berserker, and it became much more enjoyable.

To Tom Bombadildo and others complaining of play-2-win, here's my suggestion. Log on every three days, get your dailies out of the way, spend the gold on boosters (and/or Arena if you feel confident enough), and eventually you'll get a good amount of cards to experiment with. I suggest playing each class to 10, even if it's only through Practice, to get a feel for each class. Once you do that, pick the one or two of the classes you enjoy the most, (disenchant every card your class can't use if you're willing), and start making cards for those classes. If you want, you can even add me to your friends list (I'm Pedeadstrian#1983) and you can fight me and I can offer advice on your deck or the game itself. I'm nowhere near an expert, but I've played this game for a while.

P.S.: I've only ever spent $2.50 in the store, but that was for the sole purpose of getting the guaranteed Legendary.

aiat_gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
you said how is it paid to win then you said

"Also if you want a quick boos in cards just spend like 10 or 20 $ to kick things off"

you dont know what your talking about

Well let me break it down to you:
You can easily get most cards just by playing and leveling up to 10+, if you dont want to spend the time, you can spend 20$ and take it from there.

Because, if I understand the matchmaking system, the game pairs you with someone of comparable skill, by wins/loses. Assuming the people I were dueling also had no wins or losses, or a couple wins/losses whatever (because this was my first time playing online), how in the world did they get epic cards?

You know what random means correct? I have opened around 15 packs and gotten only one epic. My wife opened her first 5 and has already gotten 2 epic cards, one of them golden!

Anyway, as others said, it is not that the epic cards are crazy powerful cards, in fact most of the professionals I saw that went on a perfect arena run for example did not even pick any legendaries, it is more than a hassle. They come with crazy down sides most of the times that make it really hard to use them efficiently.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Legendaries are pretty...unique, from what i've seen. They just have weird effects that might tie into unique builds.

Also I bought 7 packs and got 4 epics, lulz. Of course none of them for the classes I wanted...soo I just dusted them and made a bunch of cards I had wanted for my mage deck.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legendaries are pretty...unique, from what i've seen. They just have weird effects that might tie into unique builds.

Also I bought 7 packs and got 4 epics, lulz. Of course none of them for the classes I wanted...soo I just dusted them and made a bunch of cards I had wanted for my mage deck.
Most of the legendaries can be used in a wide array of decks, but you're right, a good number of them belong in niche ones. That's good, though. If every legendary card was amazing, then it would be pay-2-win, as the player with the most legendaries wins. I only have one legendary that I didn't receive as a promo, and that's Gruul. He's good in every deck (except for rush decks since you don't want the game to last long enough to use him).

I just got my first booster pack where every card was wasted (i.e. triplicates). Such a waste of 100 gold. ):

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's been a while, but.. this is to show people how it's possible to get high quality cards quickly. This happened to me just now. I think it's telling me to be a Hunter.

image ru

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Still haven't been really hooked on this, my Warrior class is the only one at lvl +15. I enjoy it but just don't think it through enough. Also, not that much incentive to keep playing, since gold seems so scarce.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing it.

It's Baby's First Magic but it's pretty okay. I think I'll play more but I can't get into the "pay2win" debate yet since I just started and I'm still doing Practice and unlocking the decks and stuff.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't been really hooked on this, my Warrior class is the only one at lvl +15. I enjoy it but just don't think it through enough. Also, not that much incentive to keep playing, since gold seems so scarce.
Yeah, I only ever play when I have three dailies. That'll change when the game is released, though. They're adding a PvE component, and hopefully it'll give more incentive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning