Hardware Headphone Recommendation (I'm Unbeknownst to Headphone Jargon)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I'll try and list out what I want and we'll go from there.
Budget: $330 AUD ($309 USD - at time of writing)
Headphone type: Over the ear, comfortable for long use.
Wires: Preferably wired as opposed to wireless due to price & no charging necessary.
Build/Sound Quality: The best possible based on budget.
Usage Scenario: Connected to a desktop permanently. (No worries when it comes to USB cables)
Availability: Whilst this is more so my problem, I'm after something that I can purchase at a shop as I want the headphones in little under a week.

Preferable 'Extra': Volume control from the headphones themselves

For now, I think that sums up what I want. If you need more details for a better evaluation, ask and I shall provide. Really keen to see the recommendations.

Edit: Minimal leak of sound is preferred

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you're able to toss in a few extra bucks, you might be able to stretch your budget and get some Sennheiser headphones. Bose is really good as well, and if you can find a good pair of Sony headphones, you'll be pretty good there.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it was the right decision or not, but I purchased an Asus Orion Pro Headset. After looking at the Vulcan series (As suggested by Originality), I found the Orion series which seems fairly cheap and worthwhile.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit. Really should press refresh before sending. Oh well.
That should be more than enough money to get something very nice, maybe not something audiophool types would lose their stuff over but more than enough for the sensible among us.
The lack of sound leak is typically found in what are known as closed back headphones, I should warn you that they can sound different to the open back stuff you might be used to. The better stuff there would probably come in the studio monitor world so if there is a shop selling studio gear then might be worth a look if you want to try the real world.

I tend not to go that high for my headphones (more than acceptable quality, especially given my ears and those of the people I would normally advise on buying headphones are suspect at best, can be had for a lot less). At that price though you might well be better off finding a real world place and trying them on for sound wise it can be much the same and the differences will come in what feels the most comfortable to you.

What I would say is maybe consider ones that have a removable cable, this means you can replace it and that is always nice. I do not mind soldering but if you are travelling or something you will be far more able to find a cable than sort out a soldering setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr