Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HBC 1.1.1+ has a new TitleID
Other homebrew which (re)loaded the homebrew channel will not be able to do it anymore until they are updated. (or that you install a non-hidden channel with old HBC TitleID. Thanks to Joostin for the info ;))

It means that if you are using Priiloader and have it set in a way to boot to HBC automatically when you switch ON your Wii, then it will not find it and I suppose it will load the system menu instead.
From the system menu, you can launch the HBC without problem.
Only non-updated homebrew can't load the new HBC directly.

There's already a new Priiloader to fix this issue, and some homebrew already updated their HBC TitleID.
It will be done little by little for other homebrew.

Of course, homebrew which don't need to launch HBC are not affected.

I noticed that HBC itself is not asking users to update. it will probably be added later to not surcharge the server? or because it doesn't fix important things on Wii.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"I noticed that HBC itself is not asking users to update. it will probably be added later to not surcharge the server? or because it doesn't fix important things on Wii"

yes this is why i asked it does not ask me to update just wanted to see why, i think ill just stay on 1.1.0 if 1.1.1 does nothing for the wii. I have preeloader set to boot usbloader gx and dont wanna mess around there.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I noticed that HBC itself is not asking users to update. it will probably be added later to not surcharge the server? or because it doesn't fix important things on Wii.
Yap, I'm asking the same question myself too! :P

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here I am, after a day testing priiloader on some Wii. :lol:
All OK for me.

WARNING:
The changes that I made are very very little but if you haven't bootmii@boot2, install it ONLY after when users more and more able than me, can confirm that all works good.

Release: priiloaderMOD_IOS236_r142_LULX
Source Code: http://www.mediafire.com/?9hj52d48czs0g8b (in every line I add, I put a comment with my name)

md5 check:
zip file: 45DDDCAE7709D370884D9DB5862089A3
boot.dol: 78B53F1B1838C70BCDEB5ED1DE505D17
Does this have motion plus support? If not, can it?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just hope somebody finally hacks the Wii U mode, instead of focusing on the vWii.

People are still too concerned with the PSP Emulator on the Vita, the vWii on the Wii U, and DS mode on the 3DS...

There are bigger fish to fry, so why not focus on hacking the MAIN SYSTEM? Their emulators have already been hacked, and don't provide me anything new worth upgrading for.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just hope somebody finally hacks the Wii U mode, instead of focusing on the vWii.

People are still too concerned with the PSP Emulator on the Vita, the vWii on the Wii U, and DS mode on the 3DS...

There are bigger fish to fry, so why not focus on hacking the MAIN SYSTEM? Their emulators have already been hacked, and don't provide me anything new worth upgrading for.
Yeah, nobody is working on hacking the Wii U. :rolleyes:

This is probably going to take years man.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shit: I see only now that I use a wrong name for zip files and in my comment in source code (But only in comment, don't worry)
I said LULX instead LULZ. (I need a keyboard more big for my finger =P )

The previous version is absolute safe, but I recompile only for adjust comment and add a message in case of IOS236 non installed ( in the "original" MOD version the message wasn't correct)
Here my FINAL version, sorry.

priiloader_MOD_IOS236_r142_LULZ: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tmz6spmrq9bixmz
Source code: http://www.mediafire.com/?u84vpp6d5njw5f0

MD5:
priiloader_MOD_IOS236_r142_LULZ_sourcecode.zip = 8DEF383FC88A3D1F471B439B1975B34D
priiloader_MOD_IOS236_r142_LULZ.zip = 757FC26F40471BDFE32E5B4F6A6E2B71
boot.dol = F3904649EB2677FFD50D8A55971826D9

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Let me get this straight :

I can update HBC and now with actars assistance update priiloader to load HBC , but other Homebrew wont then see my HBC and load SM ? Now the update to HBC is purely to enable HBC on the vWii. So i have no real reason currently to bother updating HBC or priiloader until every Homebrew dev changes their creations to cater for the updated HBC , at which point if i wanted a newer version of any Homebrew i would have to go through this process.

Really im concerned that all the homebrew devs are going to jump on the vWii bandwagon and force regular wii owners to alter their setup if they wanted to update and maintain the same HBC functionality. Would it be possible for homebrew devs to allow their apps to check for either HBC name ? or release apps titled to suit wii or vwii ?

It just seems there a rush on to get wii hombrew past and present into the vwii with little concern for wii users .

I think ill just sit on the fence a while longer .

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

its a completely different kettle of fish
people know how the Wii works
the data can be read plainly and people know how to edit and get it loading up

the WiiU will all be encrypted
no known holes currently
there is normally a lot of heavy hardware modifying to find out this basic data
so someone with those skills is needed first
until then you will get nothing unless a hole is found in the vWii which leads to WiiU mode which is unlikely

look at the 3DS, all the hardware stuff neimod is doing
DS mode was day 1 also

people can only work with what they know
feel free to dump a load of money on someone with the skills

but if your promoting it just hoping for piracy your out of luck

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@pwsincd

Exiting from an homebrew is not a problem.
The problem will be using for example using return function of Loader.
But GX and WiiFlow are just updated with new hbc ID.

HBC 1.1.2 MUST be used only in vWii (on WiiU), but on classic Wii, actually, keep without problem, HBC 1.1.0.
There is reason if in http://bootmii.org/download/ you can download hackmii installer 1.0 or 1.2

Sorry but my english isn't good enough for explain with more precise information.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
yeah i think it would have been better to release a HBC specifically for the vWii rather than an update from a wii release as to avoid confusion at all. And subsequently devs release vwii relative homebrew.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's just a repeat of the same "problem" we've run into every time the HBC channel title ID changed. It originally was HAXX, then JODI, then some hex code, and now LULZ. The solution that worked after the first change from HAXX to JODI still works today (with some minor tweaking)... and that's the HAXX to JODI forwarder channel. Since then it's name has changed, but the idea is roughly the same. Just install a forwarder channel with the old HBC title ID that launches the newer HBC title ID(s). Joostin's already built the new forwarder dol that works with LULZ, and I already shared a link to a channel with it embedded. All you need to do is install that channel (after first enabling the priiloader hack to block deletion of the HAXX channel title ID), then ALL old homebrew will be able to find the most recent HBC, even homebrew that hasn't been updated since the first HBC release. This includes preloader\priiloader. Also, people may say you need to update priiloader to recognize the latest LULZ HBC for brick protection, but that's not true. Older versions of priiloader (or even preloader) can just install\load Joostin's forwarder dol to load the latest HBC. So even if someone currently has an older version of preloader installed, and they semi-brick for whatever reason, if they ask for help in the forums someone will tell them to save Joostin's forwarder dol to their SD card, install\load it using preloader, then all of a sudden they'll be able to access the HBC again and then be able to fix whatever is the root cause of the semibrick.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Also, even WITH the name change there's some homebrew that will be just fine. As I understand it, the HBC gives kind of a shortcut to the apps it runs to let them get back to it easily. (This is why with some apps you hit "back to loader" or "to HBC" when you started them from a forwarder channel and they'll still go right back to the system menu ... but when started from the HBC, they'll go back to the HBC correctly.)

It's just apps that were made to exit to the HBC by finding the right title ID specifically (HAXX, JODI, or whatever) where there's a minor problem. Those can be fixed by installing the right forwarder channel with that name, though, as mentioned several times already, as long as PriiLoader blocks the system menu from automatically deleting the forwarder channel because of it's name.

Speaking of PriiLoader, Am I right in assuming that it does NOT work with vWii yet?
(Just wanted to clarify that so that Wii U owners realize they just have to live with a little less "return to HBC" functionality for now instead of installing PriiLoader and possibly bricking their vWii sandbox.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh