Hacking HBC and Gecko OS?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad we can use HBC now, but how can I use cheats in Wii games through Gecko OS? I can write codes enabled/disabled through Accio Hacks and it saves to SD card, but Gecko OS says patch file can't be found. Anyone know about this?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am glad we can use HBC now, but how can I use cheats in Wii games through Gecko OS? I can write codes enabled/disabled through Accio Hacks and it saves to SD card, but Gecko OS says patch file can't be found. Anyone know about this?
I heard Gecko OS even worked through the smash stack but I don't have any PERSONAL experience on that to back it up.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates/news on if or when WiiWare and VC games can use cheats through Gecko OS? I installed IOS236 last night, thought that would enable Channel cheats... I can confirm that cheats do work in normal Wii games though :)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gecko OS needs ES_DiVerify (and possibly other IOS patches, not 100% sure) to work with channels. These can either be in the form of on-NAND patches in the IOS Gecko OS is running on (bad) or on-the-fly patches in memory thanks to HW_AHBPROT (good).

For someone who knows what they're doing, it shouldn't be hard to mod Gecko OS to use the well established AHBPROT-based patches, and once that is done, it should work nicely on the WiiU.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is modding the Gecko OS to use AHBPEOT something I could do? Has anyone else done that?
To my knowledge, no one else has. And whether you could do it or not is not something I can know. If you have a bit of experience with C programming, and at least a basic knowledge of how AHBPROT patches work in other apps, it shouldn't be overly difficult. I may try it myself at some stage in the next few days, but I make no guarantees about the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off