Hacking haxchi doubt

mathi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi guys i recently install haxchi , but i dint it know that i could bot mocha changing the cfg.txt

so i want to have it just like this example

default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
a=sysmenu
b=wiiu/apps/wup_installer_gx2/wup_installer_gx2.elf
x=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
y=wiiu/apps/appstore/hbas.elf
l=wiiu/apps/retro_launcher/retro_launcher.elf

i got a few questions i read so many post but i canot find it

1.- i know i have to re install haxchi for the new cfg config but,,, how i re install it? , i need to delete from the system menu then enter to the e shop/download and do all the process all over again? im not lazy i am just noob and i have fears xD to brick my wii u .. or i can just enter to the hbl and install re install haxchi with my previus haxchi install it already?

2.- i read so much and what is fw.image means? if i download from the appstore cw.booster it will load my mocha?

thank you and i apologies english is not my lenguage

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1.- i know i have to re install haxchi for the new cfg config but,,, how i re install it? , i need to delete from the system menu then enter to the e shop/download and do all the process all over again? im not lazy i am just noob and i have fears xD to brick my wii u .. or i can just enter to the hbl and install re install haxchi with my previus haxchi install it already?

Just reinstall Haxchi via HBL on top of the DS game you bought (and installed Haxchi the first time on).

2.- i read so much and what is fw.image means? if i download from the appstore cw.booster it will load my mocha?

Virtual NAND, or redNAND. If you don't know what is it, don't bother.

mathi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Just reinstall Haxchi via HBL on top of the DS game you bought (and installed Haxchi the first time on).

Virtual NAND, or redNAND. If you don't know what is it, don't bother.
i do not need to deleted after i re install it? im scared of bricks thats why i ask

Reactions: Minimoua

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also you don't need Mocha if you have HaxChi. You can program HaxChi to launch CFW by changing default=sysmenu

Reactions: mathi

mathi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You won't brick with Haxchi only.
Did you install CBHC (Cold boot Haxchi) ?
no i did not install cbhc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also you don't need Mocha if you have HaxChi. You can program HaxChi to launch CFW by changing default=sysmenu

thats what i want to do, how can i do that?

racertj5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also recommend just installing Wup installer to the home menu. You'll have to be in the haxchi sysmenu first to use it anyway. Also, I believe doing this means you could use any SD card with only an install folder and not need to have wup installer and homebrew launcher on Said card but I haven't had occasion to test it yet

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also recommend just installing Wup installer to the home menu. You'll have to be in the haxchi sysmenu first to use it anyway. Also, I believe doing this means you could use any SD card with only an install folder and not need to have wup installer and homebrew launcher on Said card but I haven't had occasion to test it yet
This is true bit you might as well keep it on the SD too. The launcher elf is tiny and if something happens to your channel you won't be able get into HBL if you take it off the SD

racertj5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is true bit you might as well keep it on the SD too. The launcher elf is tiny and if something happens to your channel you won't be able get into HBL if you take it off the SD
I keep it on the small SD card that is always in the wii. However I like the option of transferring larger games as needed without having to remember to add the extra files on an SD primarily used elsewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true