Hacking Official Haxchi Direct - A simple signature patcher

Calahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haxchi wont patch my sig and I can't install VC games with WUP. Why wont Haxchi work?!
Hi,
last time I tried Haxchi instead of Haxchi Direct, I found out that Haxchi doesn't set sigpatches if you hold a button, for loading Loadiine for example. After returning from Loadiine I tried start to start the HBL Channel, which didn't work. I got sigpatches with Haxchi only with default mode, without pressing any button.
Since then I use Haxchi Direct again. So I don't have to think, do I have sigpatches or not...
All the best,
Calahan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
last time I tried Haxchi instead of Haxchi Direct, I found out that Haxchi doesn't set sigpatches if you hold a button, for loading Loadiine for example. After returning from Loadiine I tried start to start the HBL Channel, which didn't work. I got sigpatches with Haxchi only with default mode, without pressing any button.
Since then I use Haxchi Direct again. So I don't have to think, do I have sigpatches or not...
All the best,
Calahan
What? Haxchi Direct is pretty much the same as Haxchi with default=sysmenu in config.txt
Of course you either gotta choose whether you want to launch sysmenu (which includes sig patches) or Loadiine. Both in one step is impossible. No matter if you're using Haxchi or Haxchi Direct.

Calahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What? Haxchi Direct is pretty much the same as Haxchi with default=sysmenu in config.txt. Of course you either gotta choose whether you want to launch sysmenu (which includes sig patches) or Loadiine. Both in one step is impossible. No matter if you're using Haxchi or Haxchi Direct.
@PoppaDre wrote he pressed button B while loading Haxchi, so I thought that this could be the reason why he didn't get sigpatches. (I used button A for Loadiine and got no sigpatches, as you wrote.)
If he configured button B for sysmenu (and after re-reading his post, it seems so), he should have get sigpatches.
I thought you only get sigpatches with Haxchi if you don't press a button. Thanks for clarifying :)
So maybe he used an old Haxchi version without sigpatches then. I don't know.

I could use Haxchi with no buttons configured, but @Kohmei wrote "... by removing waits for user input and sigpatcher2sysmenu ELF loading, transition is several seconds faster and much cleaner (no intermediary white screen between Wii U logos)." So I prefer using Haxchi Direct :)

Last edited by Calahan,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@PoppaDre wrote he pressed button B while loading Haxchi, so I thought that this could be the reason why he didn't get sigpatches. (I used button A for Loadiine and got no sigpatches, as you wrote.)
If he configured button B for sysmenu (and after re-reading his post, it seems so), he should have get sigpatches.
I thought you only get sigpatches with Haxchi if you don't press a button. Thanks for clarifying :)
So maybe he used an old Haxchi version without sigpatches then. I don't know.
You either get sig patches with Haxchi or launch a specific homebrew (like HBL or Loadiine) at once, never both.
Sig patches could be:
- Simple Signature Patcher
- IOSUHAX (fw.img)
- Mocha CFW
- Haxchi CFW

You launch them with whatever button you link them to (or put them to "default=" in config.txt).
The first three of my list are launched through an ELF file while Haxchi CFW can be launched by putting "sysmenu" (and nothing else) after a button or default in config.txt instead of a path to an ELF file.

Last edited by lordelan,

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys. I ended up doing restarting the process making sure I was installing the latest Haxchi and going though with CBHC and I'm now able to run custom sigs!

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is now...
Iwata-DIrect-To-You-Gif.gif
Still too soon.

Reactions: PoppaDre

Pwned_4

Trophies
XP
Country
@Kohmei

Hi there.

Sorry to bother you just for this, but could you help me out? I'm new to the WiiU hacking scene :)

I'm currently trying to install a modified game from this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenobla...th-brazilian-install-method-app-files.453781/ I've tried to follow every step but I'm stuck at the last part, on the WUP installer. In the post I linked it says that I have to run the signature patches before attempting to install the game on the sd card, as you can see bellow:

"14. Copy the Files to the SD Card and run SigPatches on your Wii U. Boot up WupInstaller after and Install the Game. Don't forget to delete the Old Game before if it's installed. Install the game and make sure you only run the Game with Mocha or Sigpatches on ! Enjoy your Undubbed/Uncensored Game it also works perfectly fine with Patch 1.01E and 1.02U and Online works aswell."

So I ran Haxchi and tried to do just that. But turns out the version of haxchi I have doesn't include signature patches, whatever they are x) . I have the Haxchi version 2.3u1, which I only have in my SD card so that I could do the virtual DS game hack that installs the homebrew launcher on the wii u menu so I can launch homebrew without using the browser everytime. But I still haven't done that as I still haven't bought the required DS game from e-shop at this point in time. Also, I currently have version 1.4 of the homebrew launcher, if it's of any relevance.

But regardless, I tried to install the game through Wup installer without the signature patches requirement, and as I might have expected it gave me an error. Error code 0xFFFBF442 - "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig" to be precise.

So my questions are:

- Will your https://github.com/kohmeito/haxchi-direct/releases/tag/1.0 solve the issue with the required signature patches, making it able to install the game in the sd card?

- If so, should I remove the Haxchi version 2.3u1 I have on my SD card, then replace it with the files from https://github.com/kohmeito/haxchi-direct/releases/tag/1.0 to the sd card?

The main reason I still haven't bought the DS game and use the current haxchi I have to install the offline homebrew launcher is because I'm fearful that if I did, then I couldn't use your haxchi direct to use the signature patches, or worse, risk a possible brick.

Thanks for your time :)

StraTTtheRipper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this for almost 2 months now and it works great, just one question...is it region free? Can I install EU games on my NA console? I've been using WUP files from NUS that work for red band and they work great but I don't want to risk bricking my system...thanks! GReat work!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been using this for almost 2 months now and it works great, just one question...is it region free? Can I install EU games on my NA console? I've been using WUP files from NUS that work for red band and they work great but I don't want to risk bricking my system...thanks! GReat work!
Yes. Worst case is you get an error message if you haven't booted Haxchi and that's it. Just boot it and try again in this case. No bricks unless you fool around with system titles.

D

Deleted User

This looks like something perfect for me but I'm not quite sure I get it. I just installed haxchi 2 weeks ago to stop having to use the browser. So now I have haxchi loading loadiine by default and homebrew launcher with B.

what did you do to have haxchi loading directly loadiine? i just installed it but it loads HBL by default
thanks

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what did you do to have haxchi loading directly loadiine? i just installed it but it loads HBL by default
thanks
Just use Haxchi, not this outdated "Haxchi Direct".
With normal (and recent) Haxchi you just edit your SD:\haxchi\config.txt to
Code:
default=path/to/loadiine/loadiine.elf
Then you run the Haxchi installer from HBL once again and you're done.

lucas millington

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone help? when loading fatal frame v with the dlc is doesent load properly but when just using the normal sig patch it works fine, why is it happening

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haxchi direct is an outdated solution !
use haxchi or CBHC to get the real, proper, updated and last version of the hack. don't use outdated ones if you don't understand what you are doing or why.

If you use haxchi, or any other "sigpatcher" then you don't need mocha (which is ANOTHER signature patcher). no need to patch what's already patched.

If you only want the signature check patch, there are few options :

1) from HBL, use "Simple signature check patcher" which comes in two forms:
there is either :
sigpatch 2 HBL : patches the signature and return to HBL so you can launch another apps directly.

Sigpatch 2 sysmenu : patches the signature and return to sysmenu so you can launch a game or an unsigned channel.

2) From SysMenu :
just install normal Haxchi !
be sure to get a real officially bought and downloaded/installed NDS game.
and before installing haxchi into that game, change the config.txt file to autopatch sysmenu instead of running HBL. inverse both default and A so you get :
default=sysmenu

It'll act like haxchi direct (directly patching and booting back into the sysmenu), except you get latest version, with ftpiiu support !

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_WiiU_custom_firmwares

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either