Have you sorted a will?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I meant ISP as email owner. even google one day will be history.
But yes, I still have my first ISP email (from year 2000), but I rarely read mails. once every 6 months, to read outdated urgent messages and deleted accounts :O

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant ISP as email owner. even google one day will be history.
But yes, I still have my first ISP email (from year 2000), but I rarely read mails. once every 6 months, to read outdated urgent messages and deleted accounts :O
Funny as I still know of alot of people who use ISP based email (although it is way down compared to awhile back) but it begs the question how should such data be treated given that it could become legally important?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I figured it would be a legacy thing for the email.

Interesting that you don't use it though. I have met several people that consider email old and outdated ("facebook and snapchat does it all" or something) which is fine as I probably don't care to speak to those and I still have loads of clients for a which email is vital as far as they are concerned. For the former I would not dream to have communications that matter on a protocol I can not at least theoretically implement myself (nobody makes their own email servers any more and most of the big guys don't accept little old personal servers either these days). That said the level of professionalism that email once was thought to have seems to have waned -- I see any number of @gmail and @hotmail things on business cards and (fleet) vans, often even when they have a domain right below it. Technically speaking it is not a bad thing (the email goes through and can come back) but I will still note it.
Anyway I don't think I have met someone that is into computers/tech not do one or the other.

For email wise it depends upon whether I am being hacked (not all my eggs are in one basket or a chain of baskets but enough are), actively being impersonated or I am just forgetting the password or something as to how vital I find it/how annoying it would be lose it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended