Have you ever met someone from GBAtemp in real life?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,109
  • Replies 64
D

Deleted User

OP
I've met up with plenty of people who I've met online. But most of these people I met from language exchanges and a couple from meetup.com. None of them are from GBAtemp.

Have you ever met someone on GBAtemp then met up with him or her in real life?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not, and no offense but It makes me uncomfortable to do so with the way I seen people behave here, I would rather voice chat or video call and even then still uncomfortable. If this forum was more like the friendly neighborhood spider man lives in (No bortz pun intended) Maybe i consider. I already live in a dangerous place, and have problems trusting people.

Reactions: Deleted User

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I went to the Switch launch press event thing where I met shaunj66, p1ngpong and daza. First time I had ever met anybody I had first met on the internet first as well, give or take a few times where I first sort computer/technical problems after being referred by someone that I do know which I don't count.
A few people here have been from towns I have lived in so I may have seen others, certainly seen flash carts (and found dead ones, though with microSD intact) around the place. However I have yet to invest in a GBAtemp hat, hoodie or thong and "yo bruv, you on the GBAtemp?" is not the sort of thing I need to be shouting in public.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nope, since I live on the butt of the world.
Well... Now that I think of it there's a friend of mine on this forum, does that count or it has to be someone I haven't met yet?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Good question!

I have never met anyone here in person within the 7 years I have been a member but I have thought about it and it would be rather cool to meet a few people here that I like. I would prefer go there to meet someone and them not come here because I think it would be quite a culture shock to many and they may not like it but I would like to go too America as long as they let me in that is...

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE