OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ULJM05472_00000.png

About This Patch
This patch is a revival of an old patch from 2009 originally made by Rolen47. Wanting to see the translation complete, and unable to contact the original patch creator, I took it upon myself to finish what had been started. I started working back in 2013, and released my first patch in June of 2014. Since then, I have translated virtually all of the game, songs included.
About Project DIVA
See Here
Patch Status
Current Version: v0.9

To Do:
  • Translate the Visual Library
  • Translate the credits (may not be possible due to space limitations)
  • Port the entirety of the patch to the divapatch plugin
  • Translate the game's 2 DLC packs
Download + More Information
To download this patch and/or read more about it, visit the patch's page on the Project DIVA Wiki.
Screenshots
Note: Screenshots do not necessarily the current state of the patch and may vary from the final product.
pd1st_freeplay.jpgULJM05472_00026.jpgpd1st_rge.jpgpd1st_gallery.jpgULJM05472_00005.jpgULJM05472_00006.jpgULJM05472_00010.jpgULJM05472_00017.jpgULJM05472_00018.jpgULJM05472_00022.jpgULJM05472_00024.jpgULJM05472_00025.jpgULJM05472_00027.jpgpic_0009.pngpic_0002.pngpic_0008.png
Any feedback or questions are welcome. I'd love to know what you all think!

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I originally took over this patch, there was a Romaji lyrics optional patch. That said, it was full of typos, and overall pretty "meh." The game also has a 40 character limit per line of lyrics, making Romaji lyrics impossible in many instances. As such, I did away with it, as it did not reflect the profession image I aimed to achieve with this project.

For example, due to the lack of space, this line:
"watashi no hitokoto ni wa mittsu no kotoba de henjisuru koto"

Had to be shrunk to this:
"WatashiNoHitokotoNiWaMittsuNoKotobaDeHen"

Not only did the words have to be smooshed together, but even doing that still didn't allow for all of the lyrics to be displayed. This 40 character limit is hard-coded, so hacking it to be longer is pretty much out of the question. While I considered keeping the Romaji patch, I ultimately scrapped it in favor of the more professional-looking English lyrics.

That said, since I've ported all of the song lyrics to the divapatch plugin, I suppose it would be much easier for me to redo the Romaji lyrics, though they would still be cut off. If I end up doing this, I would release this as an optional patch, with the English lyrics as the default, but Romaji available by replacing a single file. It's not completely ruled out, but it would take quite a bit of time to go through and redo all of the lyrics, update the files, etc.

Thanks for your input, it really means a lot.

Reactions: Hargrun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE