Hacking Has your Wii ever locked up? Mine did last night.

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has your Wii ever locked up on you?

Last night I had selected the Mii Channel and pressed [Start] but then my screen went black (as if the game/channel was loading), but nothing happened. The lights on the remotes turned off and no buttons on the remote would work. I had to hold down the power button on the Wii itself to turn it on/off. After that it seemed to work OK.

Is this normal? Hopefully there is nothing wrong with my Wii...

(NOTE: The Wii is in my basement and it was about 80 degrees so maybe heat had something to do with it, but my component cabinet does have exhaust fans...)

D

Deleted User

Mine locked up twice so far. Once when I wanted to quit Opera and the other time I don't remember what I've done.
biggrin.gif

I had to unplug the power chord to get it to restart, both times.

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm glad to know it's normal... but that's not cool. I guess it's expected though... almost every electronic device locks up every once and a while...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only game its frozen on is Excite truck. It only happened the once. Sometimes when the disc doesn't show up in the channel, it will freeze. Its just a shame the wii doesn't have a proper on/off switch so you don't have to unplug the console.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only time my Wii has locked up is during updates. And even then it probably didn't literally lock up but was just stuck at the screen.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Lockups are mostly heat-related from the sounds of it, just make sure its in a well vented area or get one of the fan-installed base units.

Had my wii since launch, installed the wiikey myself when it was released and not had any problems with anything, not even disc read errors.

My friend had a few complaints about disc read errors, but turned out the discs i gave him were covered in fingerprints and light scratches, i told him to keep them and i burnt my ones again!

I know how to handle my disks, why people hold cds/dvds and touch the read surface i wont ever understand! LOL

If a crash was caused by going into a program and exiting and gets stuff, future updates might address it, but ive wizzed around my menu and in and out of programs/downloaded content and never had a crash or lock up :-)

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends on what is considered a lock-up.

Mine regularily stops responding when trying to connect to the shop channel, I still don't know if this is a local wlan or Nintendo shop problem. I will know soon, when I connect it by USB Lan, and I am already afraid nothing will get better, because maybe the shop just sucks
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk