Country
United States
Reactions: GhostLatte

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do I have this feeling you are one of those people who spam the laugh-cry emoji at the end of sentences?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oops, I forgot these.
no am not,my English is not good as yours sir!! my reading is much better than writing

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no am not,my English is not good as yours sir!! my reading is much better than writing
???
Thanks if that wasn't sarcasm, and sorry if you speak seriously, but this has nothing to do with what you said. Emojis aren't a language. They're a cancerous trend (I really didn't want to say that) on the internet.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us actually enjoy having a system that is not infrested with drm. Piracy is not the sole reason to hack a system.
but drm is the only thing preventing piracy.

if you buy a game, it plays on your system - so why would drm even be an issue unless your wanting it for free and the drm is preventing you.

if you mean digital then there has to be some form of protection or else there is nothing stopping people downloading it, copying it to a usb stick and sharing it.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but drm is the only thing preventing piracy.

if you buy a game, it plays on your system - so why would drm even be an issue unless your wanting it for free and the drm is preventing you.

if you mean digital then there has to be some form of protection or else there is nothing stopping people downloading it, copying it to a usb stick and sharing it.

Not true. Again, there is more than one reason to hack a system. I don't really believe that you believe that the only reason people want it hacked is for piracy do you?

I like a hacked system for game modding, something I used to spend a lot of time doing on the ps3. While I agree a good number of people that hack their systems do it for piracy related reasons but there are a good number of us that could care less about piracy and more about tinkering with the innards.

I'm also of the mind that if I buy a piece of hardware, that hardware should be mine to do with as I chose. If I want to run Linux on it or make changes to the config, I should be able to do so.

Last edited by rednekcowboy,
Reactions: Deleted User

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. Again, there is more than one reason to hack a system. I don't really believe that you believe that the only reason people want it hacked is for piracy do you?

I like a hacked system for game modding, something I used to spend a lot of time doing on the ps3. While I agree a good number of people that hack their systems do it for piracy related reasons but there are a good number of us that could care less about piracy and more about tinkering with the innards.

I'm also of the mind that if I buy a piece of hardware, that hardware should be mine to do with as I chose. If I want to run Linux on it or make changes to the config, I should be able to do so.
but you refer to drm which has nothing to do with modding a game or making cheats or what ever.

drm is mainly to prevent what exactly.

and in a sense you are right, its your console to do as you choose, but at the same time, the console is xxx's product/business so it needs to protect itself from exploits and hacks, because if they didnt and it was open to do anything then as you know, #1 exploits always lead to piracy.

if a console did nothing to prevent this, then game developers are less likely to support the console if its going to have less return for them if the game is easily pirated and the console manufacturer does nothing to prevent it. or the console does nothing to prevent users cheating and ruining the gaming experience for others.

but yes, you in theory can do what you please, but then you chose to accept that your choices do not follow the terms to use the consoles features set by the manufacturer thus risk having some features blocked.

the thing here is that if you found an exploit then sure there is nothing preventing you from using in for your own use, but then leaking this exploit to the public for others to use is going to gain attention from the console manufacturer..... que egohot.

i admit i have most of my consoles modded and i do not deny the fact that its main reason was for piracy and hacking tools to make cheats, but i dont sit claiming drm or other excuses to claim companies trying to block these are in the wrong because i own the console.

all you really own is the product to be used as set out, when you buy the console you down own the software or its code library, you simply own a licence to use it.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if a console did nothing to prevent this, then game developers are less likely to support the console if its going to have less return for them if the game is easily pirated and the console manufacturer does nothing to prevent it. or the console does nothing to prevent users cheating and ruining the gaming experience for others.

Just like they don't support the pc, right? That's a bs statement if I've ever heard one and one sold by the entertainment industry. In fact much of what you say is a carbon copy of that industry's bull and excuses over the last decade. Just because it's stated does not make it factual or correct in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like they don't support the pc, right? That's a bs statement if I've ever heard one and one sold by the entertainment industry. In fact much of what you say is a carbon copy of that industry's bull and excuses over the last decade. Just because it's stated does not make it factual or correct in any way, shape or form.
devs barely support PC, you dont find PC's getting as much support as consoles do, if you think thats the case then you proven already to be deluded to your opinion.

pc's tend to get multi console support that costs next to nothing.

so your claiming piracy will not have an impact on console support..... that low sales won't impact future support..... then maybe take a good long look at nintendo why it always lacks the third party support that the other systems get, or you find when it gets the support its old last gen titles ported.

sales, third parties dont sell as good on nintendo as they do the other systems.

but to the point, your intitial rant abotu DRM is mainly in place to prevent system exploits that ALWAYS lead to piracy..... find a console thats been hacked and has never had piracy, piracy tends to the first thing then game modding follows.

dont be a tool, i dont try claim its not true, i admit to running majority of pirated games and even buy them, i dont sit there blah blah its not happening bs and rant about console manufacturers trying to protect their product/business.

i guess you must hate nintendo right now that offer a pay out to those who report exploits.... i guess this is them preventing you doing as you please to your console (thats beyond what the console is said to do as intended)

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
devs barely support PC, you dont find PC's getting as much support as consoles do, if you think thats the case then you proven already to be deluded to your opinion.

pc's tend to get multi console support that costs next to nothing.

so your claiming piracy will not have an impact on console support..... that low sales won't impact future support..... then maybe take a good long look at nintendo why it always lacks the third party support that the other systems get, or you find when it gets the support its old last gen titles ported.

sales, third parties dont sell as good on nintendo as they do the other systems.

but to the point, your intitial rant abotu DRM is mainly in place to prevent system exploits that ALWAYS lead to piracy..... find a console thats been hacked and has never had piracy, piracy tends to the first thing then game modding follows.

dont be a tool, i dont try claim its not true, i admit to running majority of pirated games and even buy them, i dont sit there blah blah its not happening bs and rant about console manufacturers trying to protect their product/business.

i guess you must hate nintendo right now that offer a pay out to those who report exploits.... i guess this is them preventing you doing as you please to your console (thats beyond what the console is said to do as intended)

PC's have no dev support? And I'M the one that's deluded?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1.76 has been exploited enough to run Linux ports, but actually executing games seems to be beyond capability at this point.

The videos of 3.55 and later being exploited are interesting, but its all hot air if nothing gets released.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...