Hacking Has anyone with a brick been able to recover?

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Would be cool if someone could make a clip on solderless back cover with pogo pins so people can buy that if they are no good at soldering

Thats a good idea, but that will be good only for 3DS xl, because the normal 3ds has a pin hidden somewhere and its much harder to solder to it or make a case like that.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I uploaded my code to github, still wainting for the lock code from ryuga, and will only upload that after I do some testing to be safe with it (maybe some cards react in different ways, thats why I got around 5 different SD card and an old MMC card to lock them and see if it works). This is the repo https://github.com/krisztian1997/3dsunbricker

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where do you hook up the ATmega (in case I had a brick) ?
Same points as for the NAND flashing stuff ?

aye, same interface.

just remember to convert the logic levels (5V -> 3.3V) either by using a SD shield or some other means (although diode/resistor dividers are reported to distort the signal too much).

hold it: so we need a fifth wire?

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
aye, same interface.

just remember to convert the logic levels (5V -> 3.3V) either by using a SD shield or some other means (although diode/resistor dividers are reported to distort the signal too much).

hold it: so we need a fifth wire?

Yes, SPI wont work without the CS line (cant select card if that line is not used, and then we cant sent the cmd42)

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because of the password: I have already stated somewhere, it is pointless to search for the password. It is console unique. They are not so stupid and just leave a "master key" somewhere.

Just use the forced erase method and everything is fine.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is awesome guys, you are really great!
I am going to get my Arduino today and I will wait for your instruction to try this in my bricked 3Ds
Test subjet number 001 if you want

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is awesome guys, you are really great!
I am going to get my Arduino today and I will wait for your instruction to try this in my bricked 3Ds
Test subjet number 001 if you want

You have the wires soldered to the 3ds ? We need to test first if the SPI still works.

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An internal solution would be nice (like a modchip), where you can select what you want to flash from the outside, via a mod like this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/page-49#post-4896653
Would there be enough space inside a 3DS (XL) to pull this off ?

Not a bad idea, but you would need to include an image of your nand backup. So we would need to find a single chip solution that would fulfill all the requirements to recover a brick. I am sure it could be done even if it isn't a single chip solution. We just have to wait for a positive outcome of the current efforts underway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat