Hacking Has anyone proven that Sky3DS is an exact replica cart?

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Itll be patched.. Already been confirmed that it's detectable.

I've said this many times, because I see this exact post all over the place, but prove it. Ton(ne)s of things have been said, but I haven't seen a single bit of evidence supporting it. Tell me how its detectable if you want to contribute to the conversation.

Reactions: Margen67

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've said this many times, because I see this exact post all over the place, but prove it. Ton(ne)s of things have been said, but I haven't seen a single bit of evidence supporting it. Tell me how its detectable if you want to contribute to the conversation.

Devs word is proof.

Plus, do you understand the coding behind 3DS?
If you don't, the proof is useless to you.

Plus, having the knowledge in public might only speed up the blocking.
Or sky3ds might create a new card under a new name that checks for that, and abandon their present names.

In the end, does it matter?

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Devs word is proof.

Or sky3ds might create a new card under a new name that checks for that, and abandon their present names.

its the whole brick code all over again.....truth is, the people who would understand it would already be able to find out themselves, how exactly is he going to prove it to people who don't already understand it, its like me going to a seminar on how some microorganism can infect your brain and turn you into a zombie.........if they go into the specific proofs no average person would understand what on earth they are talking about, and if they just say its possible you get the "where is the proofz"...catch 22 waste your time explaining it and people dont understand you or just say it in laymans terms and people dont believe you

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To be fair, it's not like the devs haven't been wrong before.

They also said 7.X keys can't be gotten. Gateway is done. And we know how that turned out.
yeah, but there is a difference with not knowing something and knowing something, if they say they can detect something that would easily be blocked, then that means anyone can, but if they say they don't know how to get the keys.....that doesn't mean someone else couldn't, the main difference is the fact gateway are making money from their product and as such would be able to invest a lot more into the cracking of the 7.x encryption keys, i.e paying for professional decapping etc, whereas the 3ds devs would have to pay for that out of their own money .....or a fundraiser......but lets not talk about fundraisers :rolleyes:

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devs word is proof.

Most of the devs who are supposed to be able to block this thing with "one line of code" hate the Sky3ds team and want them all to die in a fire anyway, so it all just looks like huffing and puffing to make oneself look important. I just want to see this elusive unicorn of code that Nintendo is inexplicably unaware of.

I'm not saying it can't be blocked, but for as adamant as everyone is that is so absurdly easy to block, and as mush vitriolic hatred as there is toward the Sky3ds people you'd think they would want to back up their claim a little more than they have.

I've never seen a mod/hack scene so filled with bullshit as the 3ds. I trust nothing without proof. A devs word doesn't mean shit to me.

If it doesn't matter why is everyone so up in arms about the next update destroying Sky and reducing them all to a weeping monument to the faults of man? It matters because everyone wants to be the guy that knows more than the next guy, but nobody wants to back it up.

I've found that firmware 9.4.0 gives out free handjobs and birthday cakes even if it isn't your birthday. Its true because I said so and I'm a 1337 D3V.

I feel like I should be a on a Bigfoot forum for all the provable information there is here.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They did not say "they could not get them though". They said it was "impossible" and Gateway was done.

Point is, they have been wrong before. Just because they say it can be detected, it shouldn't be pushed around as fact, that it's getting blocked.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They did not say "they could not get them though". They said it was "impossible" and Gateway was done.

Point is, they have been wrong before. Just because they say it can be detected, it shouldn't be pushed around as fact, that it's getting blocked.
well tbh nobody knows, for all we know nintendo might just make everything on the 3DS free tomorrow....complete free for all, no holds barred, we dont give a flying f**k, i dont see why people have to argue that they dont believe something....its the internet, nobody is forced to trust it....call it BS, call everyone scum bag liars, i dont care, but basically some people take the stance of "well if I dont believe it nobody should be allowed to even suggest it".....which is just plain BS to begin with

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm.

Source: I'm Miyamoto's barber.
Rofl.

"My dad is Nintendo"

6a00d8341c5c3753ef0120a6638da0970b-.jpg

A devs word doesn't mean shit to me.
Well, it should certainly mean something to you unless you yourself are also a developer, and a developer of greater knowledge and skill than the dev whose word you're ignoring. I mean, "I don't trust a developer to tell me what he's developing" is a lot like saying, "I don't trust a meteorologist to tell me when I'm potentially going to be hit by a hurricane."

Maybe you don't know any actual developers, or potentially none that you can trust, which is understandable. But don't generalize.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"well if I dont believe it nobody should be allowed to even suggest it".....which is just plain BS to begin with

But people aren't just suggesting it though. People say it like it's a sure thing. If people want to suggest the possibility of it being blocked, that's one thing. But plenty are saying it will 100% be blocked.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Talk to smealum. Personally I don't care what you think. You're blindly defending something that you don't understand. I'd rather take a devs word over anything you or that mess of a team has to say.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But people aren't just suggesting it though. People say it like it's a sure thing. If people want to suggest the possibility of it being blocked, that's one thing. But plenty are saying it will 100% be blocked.
yeah but if you trust the word of the devs thats its very easy to detect and block, then it would be fairly obvious that nintendo would just block it....thats not to say its certain, maybe nintendo like having flashcards for their 3DS....but lets be serious assuming they can detect and block sky3ds you can be pretty sure they will

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah but if you trust the word of the devs thats its very easy to detect and block, then it would be fairly obvious that nintendo would just block it....thats not to say its certain, maybe nintendo like having flashcards for their 3DS....but lets be serious assuming they can detect and block sky3ds you can be pretty sure they will

360 says hi. One of the ban waves had to be rolled back, because while the copied games were easy to detect, a badly scratched original would also trigger it.

It might be easy to detect, but unless that detection is 100% only going to effect the sky and no false positives, then they aren't going to do it.

We shall see though. I have no vested interest in the sky3ds, I just think with a lot of newer people around, if people are taking what the devs say as absolute truth, then it doesn't hurt to point out that:

They've been wrong before
They've lied before.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yea ok lemme solder up a ram dump setup first.
To be fair, the devs have been wrong before.

They also said 7.X keys can't be gotten. Gateway is done. And we know how that turned out.
They never said that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.