Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up just to say I'm Jimbo from Missouri! I'm amazed it worked! Now I'm gotta set my router back again to see if I can get any of you.

Reactions: signz

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the cooldown on hitting the same relay (well rather, same MAC) over and over?

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've messed around with my router settings and have not been able to get it to work. When using my guest wifi setup the firewall is stopping UDP packets on ports 68 and 67. Setting up my main wireless info gets me nothing in my logs nor any streetpass. Actually looking at my logs.. it seems my router releases my connection whenever I close my 3ds.

Now I have my modem in bridge mode, and I can not see any possible way to change/spoof a mac address on it so that might actually be my issue.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to go to IRC but I'm about to head to work. I can't seem to get anyone back. You know I sat there so long and change so many settings on my DD-WRT router now I wish I knew which one was the one that worked...

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys! If you can, change your MAC to 40:53:50:4F:4F:46 and let's see how often we get Streetpass hits from each other! I'd like to know the limit with the same MAC as well (just changed mine to a different one and I got a hit from him "instantly" (after a couple seconds/minutes, I didn't really look, just saw the green light), so maybe with some MAC cycle we can get "infinite" hits).

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because its a linux version ready for these type of things (in case someone doesnt want to mess with his router our cant to)
Btw we should go to a irc to share stuff faster, then we come here to tell how to make this nzone spof

Ah OK gotcha. Personally I'm going to flash one of my old Linksys Wireless routers with DD-WRT and spoof it that way. That should do the trick. If that doesn't work, then I'll fall back to an old Android phone and root it.

Yes IRC would be good. I'm new to this community, so I don't know where your IRC channel is.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys! If you can, change your MAC to 40:53:50:4F:4F:46 and let's see how often we get Streetpass hits from each other! I'd like to know the limit with the same MAC as well (just changed mine to a different one and I got a hit from him "instantly" (after a couple seconds/minutes, I didn't really look, just saw the green light), so maybe with some MAC cycle we can get "infinite" hits).

Yeah I imagine you'd have to cycle through various MAC addresses to continually get hits.

We're going to need to document this process, and then create a list of say, 10 MAC addresses (or more depending on how many people get involved) to cycle through.

Now we're cooking with gas.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah OK gotcha. Personally I'm going to flash one of my old Linksys Wireless routers with DD-WRT and spoof it that way. That should do the trick. If that doesn't work, then I'll fall back to an old Android phone and root it.

Yes IRC would be good. I'm new to this community, so I don't know where your IRC channel is.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemps-chatroom-service.350494/
But i actually dont go there to much but i'll go there as soon as i finish installing bt5

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've tried every setting I did when I seeded and haven't got SignZ's or anyone's Mii yet. I guess I'll try again in 8 hours when I get off work. Perhaps it's a cool off period.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all this going on, my only concerns thus far with
Well I've tried every setting I did when I seeded and haven't got SignZ's or anyone's Mii yet. I guess I'll try again in 8 hours when I get off work. Perhaps it's a cool off period.

I'm guessing the same thing Jimbo. Must be a cooldown when you hit that MAC specific Relay.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We probably need more people to attempt it and keep the streetpasses flowing. Or maybe Nintendo does kill Rogue MAC's? (i hope not)

I hope to configure my AP later tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.