Homebrew Has any made a MCIT like thing for the wii u?

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Actually, an RPX build set up is in the works, which allows us to compile homebrew in the format that Loadiine, Cemu and Decaf can launch.
Space Game was ported, among a slew of demos - which can be downloaded from here.
Just note that this is still a work in progress. Screenshots may not work though, as the Space Game port is based on OSScreen instead of GX2. If Space Game fails to load screenshots, try the GX2 demo.

Reactions: xtheman

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once we get an IOSU exploit, I'll look into it. (Would let me add better usability, and I also can't fully test until we can bypass console bans)
Until then, you can use stuff like SDCaffiine mods (or the Smash mode of Loadiine) to edit video or image files to achieve what you want. One of my friends did that.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once we get an IOSU exploit, I'll look into it. (Would let me add better usability, and I also can't fully test until we can bypass console bans)
Until then, you can use stuff like SDCaffiine mods (or the Smash mode of Loadiine) to edit video or image files to achieve what you want. One of my friends did that.
Don't need IOSU to target RPX, loadiine loads homebrew RPXs built on WUT just fine. IOSU just removes some limits and makes launching a bit nicer in terms of homebrew. RPX homebrew can multitask as if it were the taken over process.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't need IOSU to target RPX, loadiine loads homebrew RPXs built on WUT just fine. IOSU just removes some limits and makes launching a bit nicer in terms of homebrew. RPX homebrew can multitask as if it were the taken over process.
But could it take over games other than the 4 supported by Loadiine? The original MCIT was a CFW app that could be installed over anything, so I was waiting on something similar for a Wii U version to happen.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
But could it take over games other than the 4 supported by Loadiine? The original MCIT was a CFW app that could be installed over anything, so I was waiting on something similar for a Wii U version to happen.
HBL and Loadiine both (temporarily) install themselves over Mii Maker; so I don't see why it wouldn't work with kernel.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating this old thread to add new information: I am not going to be working on a "Miiverse Custom Image Tool U" application, and this is why:
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.20.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.21.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.22.08 PM.png
As you can see, my friend Arian and I have gotten Miiverse's Wii U (and 3DS, not pictured here) sites to work on a PC, and with that comes custom file uploading to any community. This makes anything along the lines of MCIT obsolete, since we can just go to a website, edit some HTML, and click a button to add images to our Screenshot Albums.

We will not be releasing this for some time, though, as this could be used to DESTROY Miiverse. If we can get other Nintendo-related venues to work here (like creating an NNID), then I'll consider it, but until then have these screenshots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet