Harvest Moon: Skytree Village announced for Nintendo 3DS

Cj3tvwwUgAEBdzQ.jpg

Natsume has revealed their latest title in the Harvest Moon series via Twitter today. Not much is known about the game, but Natsume will be showcasing more details about it during E3.

• Play as a boy or a girl, woo bachelorettes and bachelors, and start a family!
  • Completely new story with tons of interesting new characters.
  • New crops and flowers to discover.
  • New fishing mechanics: expand waterways and catch rarer fish.
  • A full town with many residents, each with their own personalities and quirks.
:arrow: Source

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it's already been stated, I want to say again that this is NOT the next game in the Bokujou Monogatari series. Since the next one is getting released in Japan this month I expect there will be some kind of announcement for the Story of Seasons localization soon.

It's kind of old news but just for people who aren't filled in since I don't think I saw this, Natsume still has the rights to the name "Harvest Moon" and they use it to produce their own games now outside the Bokumono franchise. Marvelous acquired Xseed or something like that, so now they are doing localizations.

Part of me is hoping my sister will buy this one so I can mooch off it and see how it is. I've only played Lost Valley since she bought it on accident.
Either way I know people do enjoy these still so I hope that they can find enjoyment out of this installment too.

Last edited by GoddessKozy,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
now im confused.... its gonna be a story of seasons style or lost valley style gameplay?
Lost Valley all the way down...
@3DSPoet I know what you mean, it's totally addictive, DS one was my favourite, just the Mine was totally unbearable if you hadn't luck enough and a lot of power drinks, lol

Reactions: QCLasky

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it's already been stated, I want to say again that this is NOT the next game in the Bokujou Monogatari series. Since the next one is getting released in Japan this month I expect there will be some kind of announcement for the Story of Seasons localization soon.

It's kind of old news but just for people who aren't filled in since I don't think I saw this, Natsume still has the rights to the name "Harvest Moon" and they use it to produce their own games now outside the Bokumono franchise. Marvelous acquired Xseed or something like that, so now they are doing localizations.

Part of me is hoping my sister will buy this one so I can mooch off it and see how it is. I've only played Lost Valley since she bought it on accident.
Either way I know people do enjoy these still so I hope that they can find enjoyment out of this installment too.
That old borrow from siblings thing, now i am smiling. :creep:

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

So essentially there are two companies cranking these things out, doubling the output of a series that already has four zillion iterations, each with tiny incremental additions.

I enjoy the series, don't get me wrong. But it's getting kind of ridiculous.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss the old Harvest Moon.. Story of Seasons is good but nothing can replace the mood of the old games. The past few years have been littered with sub-par Harvest Moon games with very little variation between them.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lost Valley all the way down...
@3DSPoet I know what you mean, it's totally addictive, DS one was my favourite, just the Mine was totally unbearable if you hadn't luck enough and a lot of power drinks, lol
sad =(

IMO anything after HM DS is a bad egg..... i like this style so much

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean, it's true.

So essentially there are two companies cranking these things out, doubling the output of a series that already has four zillion iterations, each with tiny incremental additions.

I enjoy the series, don't get me wrong. But it's getting kind of ridiculous.

But, yeah basically. I'm actually really happy that the main series is still going even if they're all the same, my favorites are still AWL/DS/MFoMT/ToT but the newer ones are fun too. They've kind of lost the part I liked best though I think (which is the townsfolk, they don't really feel like they matter much anymore to me..)

With the getting kind of ridiculous part though? If you bring Natsume into it, definitely. I hate to bash on them since they brought over games I got to really enjoy as a kid and I hate to bash on people anyways, but besides the output of even more Harvest Moons I really don't appreciate their move on this whole thing. Nothing can really stop them but it's so misleading and feels kind of wrong to trick people into thinking they've bought the new mainline Harvest Moon. Hurts a little too to butcher something so close to my heart.

Anyways, I feel like some of the things I said might be contradicting what you said and I hope it doesn't sound like I was trying to pick a fight with you or make you think differently.

Reactions: regnad

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what happened to the second US Harvest Moon title? I know that Seeds of Memories was released for smart devices, but weren't we supposed to get PC and Wii U releases as well?

I'm glad that the true Harvest Moon series is still continuing even though it's called differently now. Story of Seasons is pretty good (especially after A New Beginning was a little disappointing). My favorite games of the series were HM64, Friends of Mineral Town, Sunshine Islands and Grand Bazaar.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean, it's true.

Well of course is true, on of the fun things to having family. :D

I still don't get this game. Is a farming simulation game yes? Not to sound ignorant but don't we have enough simulation games? I couldn't help but laugh when i heard goat simulator was a game. Then there animal crossing, football simulator, train simulator, Is there some kind of appeal to simulation games I am missing here?

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well of course is true, on of the fun things to having family. :D

I still don't get this game. Is a farming simulation game yes? Not to sound ignorant but don't we have enough simulation games? I couldn't help but laugh when i heard goat simulator was a game. Then there animal crossing, football simulator, train simulator, Is there some kind of appeal to simulation games I am missing here?
Oh lmaonade, I saw the smug face and I was like "Is that a joke or something?"

And yeah, it kind of is, but Harvest Moon has been around for like what.... 15-20 years now? So out of those it's kind of the original. For me it appeals because it was one of the only really good things about my childhood, and sitting down and pulling out my farming games now still relaxes me or cheers me up when I'm down. It's also just really relaxed, not so much as Animal Crossing but I'm not really sure how to explain it.

I say if you're interested, try out Story of Seasons as it's the newest one. Or if you want my personal recommendation, try (More) Friends of Mineral Town. I've seen it widely chosen as a favorite and it does a whole lot of things right.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lmaonade, I saw the smug face and I was like "Is that a joke or something?"

And yeah, it kind of is, but Harvest Moon has been around for like what.... 15-20 years now? So out of those it's kind of the original. For me it appeals because it was one of the only really good things about my childhood, and sitting down and pulling out my farming games now still relaxes me or cheers me up when I'm down. It's also just really relaxed, not so much as Animal Crossing but I'm not really sure how to explain it.

I say if you're interested, try out Story of Seasons as it's the newest one. Or if you want my personal recommendation, try (More) Friends of Mineral Town. I've seen it widely chosen as a favorite and it does a whole lot of things right.

I suppose is worth investigation, i just wanna know the appeal to these kinds of games, Some simulation games seem too realistic and most boring tedious and patient. So much waiting.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: GoddessKozy

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like everybody else I thought it was going to be a Story of Seasons game. I couldn't really get into Story of Seasons because of the long tutorial and the fact that I couldn't jump right in. Hopefully the next ones will be like older Harvest Moon games. For now I'll stick to playing HMDS. IMO Natsume should release their clone games on mobile devices so it's not right up against Story of Seasons.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like everybody else I thought it was going to be a Story of Seasons game. I couldn't really get into Story of Seasons because of the long tutorial and the fact that I couldn't jump right in. Hopefully the next ones will be like older Harvest Moon games. For now I'll stick to playing HMDS. IMO Natsume should release their clone games on mobile devices so it's not right up against Story of Seasons.
Aw I liked the tutorial of Story of Seasons. I thought it was the best. The whole little subplot behind the old woman is nice. I personally did not feel it was very long and after each day they steadily gave you more and more freedom until finally you go to your farm.

Last edited by Pluupy,

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They have actually, I believe Seeds of Memories is mobile only right now. There were plans for porting it to PC and Wii U but it hasn't happened yet.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Aw I liked the tutorial of Story of Seasons. I thought it was the best. The whole little subplot behind the old woman is nice. I personally did not feel it was very long and after each day they steadily gave you more and more freedom until finally you go to your farm.
That old lady plot was too much for my little heart...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head