nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
3233357-harvest.jpg

GameSpot said:
2017 marks the 20th anniversary of the Harvest Moon series, and publisher Natsume is marking the occasion with a brand-new game for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Announced today, Harvest Moon: Light of Hope marks the franchise's fist installment on PC and Nintendo Switch. The story begins with players traveling by boat and searching for a new home. Things don't go to plan, as their boat is sunk by a terrible monsoon.

While the title of the game may have Harvest Moon in it, do not be fooled. The real Harvest Moon is now named Story of Seasons.

It will be interesting to see how this Harvest Moon will differ from the rest after the CEO of Natsume, Hiro Maekawa's comments on Light of Hope.

:arrow:Source

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was excited for a second until I remembered that these are no longer the proper Harvest Moon games we all know and love. Now if there is an announcement for a new Story of Seasons or better yet for Rune Factory 5 coming to the Switch, now that would be exciting!

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Was excited for a second until I remembered that these are no longer the proper Harvest Moon games we all know and love. Now if there is an announcement for a new Story of Seasons or better yet for Rune Factory 5 coming to the Switch, now that would be exciting!
I was excited as well until I realized that this wasn't actually the Harvest Moon I know. We can always hope but for now, I wanna see how this plays out

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As a Pc Gamer I would like to get a Harvest Moon ....
I know we have Stardew Valley and that's great and all ....
but a few more GOOD titles would be real nice
A Rune Factory or a Innocent Life title would be nice too

I just hope that it's not another shitty mobile port

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
played the first on the gb decades ago and didn't find it fun. I guess this series has a large enough fan base to keep going. Farming sims never real change much. How can they? A farming sim is a farming sim after all.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
played the first on the gb decades ago and didn't find it fun. I guess this series has a large enough fan base to keep going. Farming sims never real change much. How can they? A farming sim is a farming sim after all.
Harvest Moon is a farming sim? More like a dating sim set on a farm lol

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not a real Harvest Moon, just one of the crappy Natsume games so I'll pass. Maybe I'll grab it on a sale for less than 3€ for steam or so.

Only buying Story of Seasons now, which are the 'real' Harvest Moon I grew up playing (although a lot of people who don't know what happened might still buy the HM and get disappointed, oh well).

As a Pc Gamer I would like to get a Harvest Moon ....
I know we have Stardew Valley and that's great and all ....
but a few more GOOD titles would be real nice
A Rune Factory or a Innocent Life title would be nice too

I just hope that it's not another shitty mobile port

You can't get those from Natsume, they don't own the series (only own the name of HM), Marvelous own the real HM and all it's spin offs, but don't think they'd risk the PC market.

Last edited by Skelletonike, , Reason: Added a quote

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hum, might give it a try anyway, the last few real HMs kinda sucked anyway, so how much worse can this be? :unsure: (haven't played Story of Seasons yet, last HM I played was A New Beginning)

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Haven't played a new HM game in well over a decade. Not too into farming/dating sims nowadays.

Also, nice typo Gamestop. "The fist installment on pc and Nintendo Switch." Lololol

Hum, might give it a try anyway, the last few real HMs kinda sucked anyway, so how much worse can this be? :unsure: (haven't played Story of Seasons yet, last HM I played was A New Beginning)
My gf highly recommends SoS - Trio of Towns. She put soooo much time into that game.

Last edited by MajinCubyan,
Reactions: Chary and raulpica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse