Gaming Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Hype Thread

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked Tale of Two Cities back up today, was kinda in a harvest moon but not rune factory kind of mood, but couldn't find my playstation nor my N64. Well curious if they announced that one for the 3DS to be localized over here, I was much surprised it's coming out the sixth of next month. Even more surprised i was, is the fact that Natsume site if offering a pre-order bonus of a plushie for the united states of america, and nice sized cow at that! They have standard preorder where you get a yak, but there's a 15th anniversary edition that includes a cow plushie that's a foot long and half a foot tall.

which I totally pre-ordered for the cow

Anybody else have plans to pick this game up?

Game Info - Don't mind the engrish
Gameplay and New Features

New Gameplay features in A New Beginning include:
  • The ability to customize your farm and the surrounding towns. (deciding where certain buildings go/look like)
  • The ability to change your hairstyle by going to the hair stylist.
  • The ability to gain new clothes by going to the tailor. (If you have the right material to make it.)
  • You will date the bachelor/bachelorette that you're after first. You'll give them a ring, and you will start to date them. The Blue Feather is still used to propose, like most traditional Harvest Moon games.
  • Honeymoons and vacations with your family to 5 various places.
  • Two new crop species are available: cactus and cotton.
  • A new way of fishing with the fish trap. Catch Crayfish and crabs!
  • Two new animals: yaks and llamas.
  • Pets such as cats and dogs get fat if not cared for properly.
  • Being able to ride in a panda car!
  • Only two Harvest Sprites are available. For the first time, a female Harvest Sprite, called Alice - and her twin brother, a red-wearing sprite named Aaron.
  • There are 5 levels of Town wishlists. Achieve each level to get new items and plans unlocked.
  • Instead of buying furniture and buildings, you can buy instructions and then build them yourself if you have the materials.
  • There is only one house expansion available.
  • Interacting with other players through Nintendo Wi-Fi.

Youtube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJl4bpkFKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNvHzfOQ01Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=supeZL6Hr2s

The new approach to this game had me interested from it's inception.

Edit: Do you lose youtube videos on an edit? WTF?

Reactions: 1 person

DaggerV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh ooh tomorrow? :D I didn't get any emails but I'll double check everything. Thanks ^_^

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it Wednesday it not bad at all though it reminds me of the little kid version of the Sims when the character talks to others

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I love the games but I'll have to wait like 5 more months for this game to reach Europe. >.>
Natsume really needs to get an European HQ, and so does Atlus. D<

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I love Harvest Moon, but unfortunately It does not fit in my life anymore (life of married man). This game is only really enjoyable if you spend a good amount of consecutive time on it.

Maybe I'll take a look on it, but I'll not play it to the end :(

orma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say how big the cow is, but how big is the yak plushie? I'm planning on getting the yak, but if it's much smaller then the cow, I might just give in to get the cow.

The only way to get the cow plushie is through pre-ordering from Natsume. I guess I'm going to stick with the Yak either way. Here is to hoping it matches the cows size!

DaggerV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find specific about the yak unfortunately. Everywhere that talked about the yak moved on to the cow, rarely going into description about the yak but heavily so for the cow, it was silly. Seems this is generally well received.

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm waiting for this game to be released in Europe. I'm really looking forward to play it. If it wasn't for the 3DS being region-locked I would've imported it already...

Reactions: DaggerV

DylanMcNeill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Has anyone gotten to play this? I'm looking for a bit of help. I screwed up on getting a 1.5 star potato some how, (It came out to be 1 star, even though I fertilized it every day), and now I'm one day away from the spring crops festival. I was wondering if anyone would be able to spare me a potato over a wifi trade. Thanks!

orma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissapointed it released early... didn't get my chance to pre-order it. No Yakkity Yak for me. :(

What size is the Yak anyways?

DaggerV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to bump this, after playing it awhile, I've decided this is the best harvest moon game in a long time, was starting to get disheartened, but it's a nice change, and a good one at that. It's not without flaws however, but I do recommend it, there's a digital download for it now, went ahead and loaned my physical copy and picked up the digital one, that way I still have the box and junk :)

Perhaps in the coming weeks watch out for a proper review, I've just been too dang busy, plus, Dwarf Fortress, nuff said :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol