Hacking Hardmodding a Super Slim 4.81?

WooHyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I know very well that no softmodding methods are for my PS3. But there ARE HARDmodding solutions for *certain(?)* PS3s above 3.55, right? But after all the time I spent on searching google for hardmodding infos, I still don't have the stright answer for "Is it possible to hardmod a 4.81 super slim?"

Not so far away from where I live is an electronic mall dedicated on hacking and pi**ting. So if there ARE any solutions available in this world, it should be available there. What I want to do by hardmodding is loading PS2 backups as custom PS2 classics. I want to know if this is possible before actually going to the mall. So, thanks in advance for your answers.

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, so I know very well that no softmodding methods are for my PS3. But there ARE HARDmodding solutions for *certain(?)* PS3s above 3.55, right? But after all the time I spent on searching google for hardmodding infos, I still don't have the stright answer for "Is it possible to hardmod a 4.81 super slim?"

Not so far away from where I live is an electronic mall dedicated on hacking and pi**ting. So if there ARE any solutions available in this world, it should be available there. What I want to do by hardmodding is loading PS2 backups as custom PS2 classics. I want to know if this is possible before actually going to the mall. So, thanks in advance for your answers.

Not posible to dowgrade a super slim, sorry.
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
No, as a general rule the console had to come with 3.55 or below to be hackable.

AFAIK this is because newer consoles come with the updated bootloader/key.

WooHyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but I didn't fully comprehend.
1. The thread was written BEFORE 4.81 was out, and visiting Cobra's official website, it still says it supports "super slim up to 4.80". Has the latest 4.81 patched Cobra or not?
2. I can see that Cobra allows you to play blu-ray games and "some homebrews". Does it allow custom PS2 classics?

Edit: Okay, now I think I get it. Nothing will work for my PS3 to make it run PS2 games. Cobra won't do it, and since Cobra is pretty much the only hacking available for super slim, that leaves me nothing. My only choice is to look for a slim or a PS2 or a good CPU to run PCSX2.
Thanks for your answer.

Last edited by WooHyun,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: