Homebrew "Hardmod" alternatives?

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys...

...like the thread title says, are there any alternatives to a Hardmod restore of the NAND?

I don't like the idea of opening:O my Wii U in order to restore my NAND, in case of a BRICK scenario.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys...

...like the thread title says, are there any alternatives to a Hardmod restore of the NAND?

I don't like the idea of opening:O my Wii U in order to restore my NAND, in case of a BRICK scenario.
If you're bricked, no. There are software methods of modifying NAND but they obviously won't work if the console is bricked.
There's nothing like ntrboot or B9S for Wii U.

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember correctly, I've set-up my old Wii, so that it can basically boot into a Revocery mode/menu using BootMii.

You guys telling me, there no such options developed for the Wii U then??

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I remember correctly, I've set-up my old Wii, so that it can basically boot into a Revocery mode/menu using BootMii.

You guys telling me, there no such options developed for the Wii U then??
Nope, there's currently no brick recovery method without hardmod (as in A9LH/B9S/BootMii/Priiloader) for Wii U

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need a boot 1 exploit to have something like priiloader. supposedly one exists, but it's not been made public. if you'd like to read more about the vulnerabilities of boot 1 or any other including haxchi, you can on wiiubrew.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's actually really hard to brick a wiiu as there are only a few ways to actually brick it.

1) By deleting system files using Ftpiiu Everywhere. Just why would you do that in the first place.

2) By installing cold boot haxchi on a non ligit ds game

3) by installing cold boot haxchi and then formating the wiiu

And that's pretty much it anything else you do won't brick the system.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's actually really hard to brick a wiiu as there are only a few ways to actually brick it.

1) By deleting system files using Ftpiiu Everywhere. Just why would you do that in the first place.

2) By installing cold boot haxchi on a non ligit gba game

3) by installing cold boot haxchi and then formating the wiiu

And that's pretty much it anything else you do won't brick the system.

Thus no Banner type bricks or wrong region scenario's??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong region titles simply won't load if not on haxchi/mocha. they won't brick the system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, u can make out of region games load on normal firmware by way of regionhax. u simply edit the game region of the sys_prod.xml to 119. I've done this myself since some games only boot with this method. be warned though - if u make a new NNID, the wii icon and the wii u disc icon will disappear. it's some sort of bug, but I don't think Nintendo figured people would be messing with the file system anyway.

Reactions: WineAnt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.