Hacking Hard Drive Sleeping

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Venko said:
dlxowhd said:
there have been countless reports of wd passport essentials spindown issues... and even youtube videos on how to fix them (you have to open your drive up).

Sounds like a pretty big risk to me. I think I'll go with...

hdhacker said:
QUOTE(Venko @ May 9 2009, 10:36 PM) That's odd. The western digital is the same price as the Seagate FreeAgent Go on Amazon.

And the Seagate has a 5 year warranty vs. a 3 year for the WD. My WD Passport Essentials did have a spindown issue and I had to open it up to fix it. There's no reason in hell you should take a chance with the WD.

..the Seagate 320GB FreeAgent Go Portable Blue as they're the same price, it has a longer warranty and should work out of the box. Thanks for your help, everyone
smile.gif

dont go their with that m8ty...

I bought it, even after setting the spindown to never and using hdparm (took the drive out of its caddy).. it still has spin down issues..

serioulsy don't waste your money on it.. I updated the Wiki regarding it a while back...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know about the 320GB Free Agent Go, so i wont go their but the 250GB Silver never had any issues, I have two of them, Just use the software that comes with it, to set sleep mode to Never, And be done with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning