Homebrew Hans Issue

MTMM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi members of gbatemp.net. I'm new to this website, so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules posting this here. I have just started 3DS hacking recently, and I have the Homebrew Launcher on my old 3DS via Browserhax.

My problem is with the Hans program. I can't seem to figure out why it won't load my romfs and always gives a black screen. Now, I've searched all over the web for solutions to this, since many people have had this issue, but nothing has worked. I've redownloaded homebrew, hans, boot.3dsx, and other files. I have a romfs builder program, and have put in a folder all of the files that were extracted with braindump. Then I made a romfs out of that folder, with the name of my game ID. That was placed into a folder on the root of my 3DS SD card called hans, and nothing but a black screen appears once I boot up hans.

I really don't know what else to try, so hopefully someone on this site could help me. Thanks.

Reactions: Stecker8

Rayzark

giooig
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi members of gbatemp.net. I'm new to this website, so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules posting this here. I have just started 3DS hacking recently, and I have the Homebrew Launcher on my old 3DS via Browserhax.

My problem is with the Hans program. I can't seem to figure out why it won't load my romfs and always gives a black screen. Now, I've searched all over the web for solutions to this, since many people have had this issue, but nothing has worked. I've redownloaded homebrew, hans, boot.3dsx, and other files. I have a romfs builder program, and have put in a folder all of the files that were extracted with braindump. Then I made a romfs out of that folder, with the name of my game ID. That was placed into a folder on the root of my 3DS SD card called hans, and nothing but a black screen appears once I boot up hans.

I really don't know what else to try, so hopefully someone on this site could help me. Thanks.

What you modified in the romfs?

MTMM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you modified in the romfs?
Well I originally replaced one file in the course (MK7) folder, and it didn't work. So then I tried with a romfs that wasn't modified and it still didn't work. The only thing I can think of that might be a problem was how I built the romfs. I don't exactly know what all should be in the folder that I build the romfs from.

Nah, this is the correct subforum to post to. Welcome to GBATemp!
Oh okay. Thanks!

Rayzark

giooig
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I originally replaced one file in the course (MK7) folder, and it didn't work. So then I tried with a romfs that wasn't modified and it still didn't work. The only thing I can think of that might be a problem was how I built the romfs. I don't exactly know what all should be in the folder that I build the romfs from.

Oh okay. Thanks!

So what program did you use for extracting the romfs and for rebuilding it? However welcome.

MTMM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the RomFS.Builder.Final.Release by SciresM for romfs building. I think I used ctrtool for extracting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended