T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Halo 5's release date was announced last night via a live action trailer that aired in the commercial break of the latest episode of The Walking Dead. The trailer seems to portray Master Chief as the enemy in the latest title to come from 343 Industries. Halo 5: Guardians releases October 27th 2015 exclusive to the Xbox One.

:arrow:Official Site

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Red and Blue has a story? Isn't it just some crazy fans playing the game and doing voice overs? Yeah...No thanks!
Yes, Red vs. Blue does have a story, and it's quite fun too. These "crazy fans" work in association with Microsoft and they use their devkits to make the episodes y'know, it's the same software that's used for cutscenes, they've gone beyond the level of simple gameplay footage editing ages ago. In fact, some RvB easter eggs are actually hidden all over Halo games if you look for them. Hell, one of the game modes (Grifball) is a direct homage to RvB.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope the multiplayer works with this one.

Its funny and sad that this is a legit worry.

After selling my 360 and playing multiplayer (and no story) I read the books. Or rather listened to them on audio. But after reading them and enjoying some of the lore, i am much much more intrigued and hope the game does well, so that more interesting books and lore can be made.

Also I know the games are good too.

Seriously if you havent read the Forerunner Saga, do it.

Reactions: Foxi4

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This kinda crap worked when I was a little twat and my parents were buying the games, but considering the last few games they're going to have to give me a little more than a gritty pre-rendered teaser trailer with a gun in Master Chief's face...

Yawn*

I'm not buying an Xbone for this rubbish anyways... just play it at a friends house and probably have the same half impressed reaction......... so, when's the Halo 2 remake coming out???

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, when's the Halo 2 remake coming out???
That already came out :mellow: did you miss the master chief collection?

Anyway... As for the news I'm... Moderately sort of maybe preparing for the game? Halo 4 did nothing but make me want to pick up 343 and throw it into the middle of the ocean to sink and be forgotten about.

They already confirmed that Cortana's going to be in the game, so they basically spoiled the fact that she's probably coming back, I assume this means that chief is once again going to break the character Bungie set up for him and go on an emotional selfish journey to the point where Locke is like, "listen asshole, I get your gf but not exploded or something but we have a war that should have been over but for some reason isn't over happening right now and I kind of have to team up with your ally of that army that we were fighting all of the original trilogy up to the point where you saved our asses and ended everything, and... I don't really know how the plot got to this point either, but YOU'RE AN ENEMY AND IM GOING TO SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!"

Also, Halo 5's multiplayer beta was awful. It was glitchy, oddly paced, and If you haven't gotten the vibe by now, yes, I hate the direction the series a game I have followed since 2001 has taken to this point and I'm mad and butthurt and this better be good or I'm going to cry about it for a million years :hateit:

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that's what the Master Chief collection was....... WHAAAAAAAAT!!!? it's only for the ruddy Xbone!?!?!!? Screw that, officially over Halo.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I didn't know that's what the Master Chief collection was....... WHAAAAAAAAT!!!? it's only for the ruddy Xbone!?!?!!? Screw that, officially over Halo.
On what system did you think they'd release it? The 360 had Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Wars, 4, and CE: Anniversary. Soo..... you want the MC collection on the 360?.... no thanks.

It's on the current gen console, because remember, it's not backwards compatible wtih 360 games. They ported it to current gen, and increased it to 60fps. It's an epic collection for $60, but they released it with too many bugs.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On what system did you think they'd release it? The 360 had Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Wars, 4, and CE: Anniversary. Soo..... you want the MC collection on the 360?.... no thanks.

It's on the current gen console, because remember, it's not backwards compatible wtih 360 games. They ported it to current gen, and increased it to 60fps. It's an epic collection for $60, but they released it with too many bugs.
Because it's just too cumbersome for them to release it for more than one platform?? It could've been, complete with different frame rates. Silly of them not to utilize both.

Your point is both valid and invalid. Realistically, the "Master Chief Collection" isn't going to be the thing to convert masses over to an Xbone.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The definitive Halo already got released. Assuming they ever fixed the goddamn multiplayer.
Halo 4 was awful and played like shit. 343 was a horrible choice to hand Halo over to and all they've done so far is prove that fact. They're good at re-texturing and that's about it. Even then the Halo 2 multiplayer map remakes are pretty meh at best compared to the originals.

As far as i'm concerned, Halo 5 might as well not even exist. Pretty sad considering Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer are easily the most fun multiplayer things i've ever played.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I didn't believe that one, but the one I wanted to believe was they would do it the same way the did Halo:CE but with actual Halo 2 multiplayer. OH WELL! Still got my copy of Halo 2, I'll stick with that.
I thought it had both Halo 4 multiplayer with new maps and Halo 1,2 and 3 multiplayer

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it had both Halo 4 multiplayer with new maps and Halo 1,2 and 3 multiplayer
Are you talking about the collection? I don't know what that has, but the reason I said "I'll stick with" my old copy Halo 2 is because it not being on my platform, not any issue with multiplayer.

Out of context it seems like that's what I'm saying, but that of course wouldn't make sense if they in fact DO have classic MP :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over