Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H: is on my PC.//

I wanted to do the usb host but it didn't work, right now I just want to get the snes custom kernel installed.//

I did a full uninstall reverted back to fresh install, this is just when I try to install the custom kernel.//

When I was using hakchi2 v2.21f, I can install the custom kernel and add games to the snes but non of the cores would work anymore, only canoe. So, I did a factory restore and started clean for hakchi ce. However, hakchi ce gives me that error when I try to install the custom kernel. IDK what to do...//
Did you only factory reset or uninstall from hakchi?

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Install bluemsx bios hmod as well.

That what is what I was missing..Thanks Guys..not sure if you test Coleco games but one question..when the games ask you to select a number( we don't have number pads obviously on our controllers) is there any way to get around that???

Last Question is what core and bios if any do you need to install to get Playstation 1 games working??

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

monkey69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That what is what I was missing..Thanks Guys..not sure if you test Coleco games but one question..when the games ask you to select a number( we don't have number pads obviously on our controllers) is there any way to get around that???

Last Question is what core and bios if any do you need to install to get Playstation 1 games working??

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

Press 'start+select' and go to 'controls' to see how all the buttons are mapped, but you can press 'R' to select 1 player, skill level 1. For Playstation 1, install the km_psx_rearmed_neon HMOD. Works a treat!

Reactions: bigjdoberman

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Need a little help with my dummy folder where like KMFDManic showed you can have your library of games and load them via retroarch load core/content etc. my problem is my dummy folder is not showing/cant find it in parent folder or anywhere else in fact i cant seem to find any of my games that are on my usb stick my all work via main user interface. is there a step or hmod i need to install so i can browse folders on usb stick so i can find dummy folder

Solved: what i did was place my dummy folder inside my games folder that was holding my arcade games (could be any folder within the user interface) load one of the games in the user interface then start and select to access retroarch then load content/start directory and there is my created dummy folder then had separate folders inside there for different consoles. Thanks KMFDManic video below explained at the beginning exactly what i needed to know to make the dummy folder work and be seen in retroarch.

Last edited by johnnytheboy12,

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that usb host is a reality, any idea on whether a ScummVM core would work at some point?

Don’t see any mention of the SNES mini on the ScummVM site at all.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that usb host is a reality, any idea on whether a ScummVM core would work at some point?

Don’t see any mention of the SNES mini on the ScummVM site at all.
Scummvm is just a DOS emulator unless I'm mistaken correct? There is a Dos emulator that works both with the SNES Controller and mouse/keyboard combo.

Reactions: Turnbl

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scummvm is just a DOS emulator unless I'm mistaken correct? There is a Dos emulator that works both with the SNES Controller and mouse/keyboard combo.

Sorry you’re right, I forgot it’s effectively it’s own front end. Plus it supports Amiga & FM Towns etc which the mini doesn’t do.

I shall look into the DOSbox core.

Reactions: PPlays

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure what Ive done wrong but I wanted to type up what happened to me and see if anyone else experienced this and if there are any fixes (or steps I missed).

I have been using Hakchi 2.15 since it came out for my NES classic. Recently I got a SNES and decided to use the Hakchi 2.21f build to install some games on it. I liked the way it was running so I decided to also run it for my NES Classic. I created a new folder and put 2.21f just for the NES in it. I also I put all my old config and game settings into it from 2.15. Next I opened the NES in 2.15 and uninstalled all the mods from the system.

After that was done I went into the 2.21f build and the first thing I did was install the 1.0c retroach zip. I got all the modules installed on the NES, fixed up my game list (added a few, took off a few) and then synced everything up. I have NES, SNES, and Genesis games on it btw.

So I went to test out a few games and make sure everything was in order. SNES and NES games ran perfect, though the save states were a bit wonky. For whatever reason the timer on them stays at "0:00". The real issue came when I checked the Genesis games. It seems that any game I play on it, after staying in the game for more than 1 minute, will cause the NES Classic to go black and shut off after I exit the game.

I decided to do a factory reset in the NES Classic menu, then I uninstalled everything, reflashed the original kernel, flashed custom kernel, reinstalled all the modules, then readded all the games. STILL happened. The games all load, but anytime I try to exit a Genesis game it shuts the thing down. And I also only have 0:00 time stamps on my other games.

Lastly I took everything off again, went back to 2.15 and everything is running the way it used to.

So that's my long winded story. What happened? Does anyone know? Maybe Im the only person to experieince this. I even retried doing it with the "launch Pico drive.hmod" thing but that made it so no Genesis games loaded (I guess I did something totally wrong there, lol).

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am not the most savvy guy on here but it sounds like some kind of bug or user error caused when copying files around so what i would do is use the latest version of hakchi CE (Comunity Edition) currently version 1.0.1. Do you uninstall and return to factory with you current working version then use hakchi ce 1.0.1 i have a feeling all will be fine.

https://github.com/TeamShinkansen/hakchi2/releases/

Please read the, FAQ / Common Issues just under the download

Im not sure what Ive done wrong but I wanted to type up what happened to me and see if anyone else experienced this and if there are any fixes (or steps I missed).

I have been using Hakchi 2.15 since it came out for my NES classic. Recently I got a SNES and decided to use the Hakchi 2.21f build to install some games on it. I liked the way it was running so I decided to also run it for my NES Classic. I created a new folder and put 2.21f just for the NES in it. I also I put all my old config and game settings into it from 2.15. Next I opened the NES in 2.15 and uninstalled all the mods from the system.

After that was done I went into the 2.21f build and the first thing I did was install the 1.0c retroach zip. I got all the modules installed on the NES, fixed up my game list (added a few, took off a few) and then synced everything up. I have NES, SNES, and Genesis games on it btw.

So I went to test out a few games and make sure everything was in order. SNES and NES games ran perfect, though the save states were a bit wonky. For whatever reason the timer on them stays at "0:00". The real issue came when I checked the Genesis games. It seems that any game I play on it, after staying in the game for more than 1 minute, will cause the NES Classic to go black and shut off after I exit the game.

I decided to do a factory reset in the NES Classic menu, then I uninstalled everything, reflashed the original kernel, flashed custom kernel, reinstalled all the modules, then readded all the games. STILL happened. The games all load, but anytime I try to exit a Genesis game it shuts the thing down. And I also only have 0:00 time stamps on my other games.

Lastly I took everything off again, went back to 2.15 and everything is running the way it used to.

So that's my long winded story. What happened? Does anyone know? Maybe Im the only person to experieince this. I even retried doing it with the "launch Pico drive.hmod" thing but that made it so no Genesis games loaded (I guess I did something totally wrong there, lol).

Last edited by johnnytheboy12,

teamvb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have got snes msu1 games with video working,the audio part works but not the video, fresh install with ssd hdd fat32 and ntfs with hakchi ce 1.01, tried the dual core ,2002,2005,2010,2016 snesx,with lastest retroarch

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello!!
I got the USB OTG ... Finally!
The doubts are the following:

In nes you can use usb otg with v2.21f or with hakchi2 CE v1.0.1.:!:

Cluster will join the hakchi2 CE with hakchi2 .... Because before the cluster break, it will be the CE version (TeamShinkansen) the best to be used with the mini.

Thank you for all the work of Gbatemp, KMFDManic, and Cia, because this continues to progress.:hrth:

I hope that during the next few months, we finally arrive at a definitive stable version to install with or without USB OTG.:bow:

Good job guys !!!!!:grog:

Sorry.....Cluster: I promised to release it on Christmas, so i will not say any date now
smile.gif
But it l's near complete, and i have free time now.:hrth::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth::grog::toot::hrth::grog::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot::grog::toot::hrth::toot::grog::toot:
Thank you cluster, I was beginning to doubt if you could continue your great project, but the geniuses never stop ..... Thank you very much for continuing to bring us joy !!!

Last edited by byevoltor,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 2-15-18**

Lo and behold, here is the Update:) RetroArch had to be done a very special way. There are now 2 Sets! One is Default Settings, for those who want completely untainted RetroArchs to play around with:) The other set, the extreme variant, has all of my optimizations for PSP, N64, System Wide Performance Boosts, and so on! Even System 32 Games run better with the MAME 2003 - Sys 32 Variant! Remember, with the Extreme Variants of RetroArch, PSP default is Frame Skip Enabled and it is set to 1!!! This will work for MOST Games. The more CPU Intensive ones, disable Frame Skip! And, then set it to 2-4. This will do a boost to help run more CPU Intensive Games:) I will post a technical explanation of how and why this works tomorrow! You can use Quick Settings Save Game Override on Games:) The video linked to in the Update WIP Update 2-14-18 Below shows me doing these specific Changes! So, pay very close attention to what I do in the video! And, of course, if you don't like my optimizations, feel free to use the standard ones:) There will be more RetroArch Updating, as well as more Performance Boosts for Sega Saturn, PS1, etc! I will certainly listen to feedback as far as Updating my Extreme RetroArch Variants:) Oh, and anyone who had trouble using Clovercon, should be able to use it again:) Enjoy the Update for now!!!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

**UPDATE 2-14-18**

SNES Classic - PSP Performance Upgrade V2 Test - Phase 3

Still hoping to get things out sometime today:)

**UPDATE 2-13-18**

SNES Classic - PSP Performance Upgrade V2 Test - Phase 2

**UPDATE 2-11-18**

WIP SNES Classic - PSP Performance Upgrade V2:)

SNES Classic - Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins - PSP Performance Upgrade V2:)

First PSP, then N64, now PSP again, next up...Sega Saturn:) Will push this nifty Performance Upgrade out as soon as possible:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: markehmus

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks KMFDManic, we really appreciate the work week after week, day by day you do, and if you get that the commodore amiga 500 :grog: and atari 1024ST will work, you would be the god of mini nes and mini snes.:bow:

https://twitter.com/Cluster_M/status/964303152974573568

New version of hakchi2 near complete. Need only test it and ask translators to translate new strings.

Zeus is about to send us home to Hercules! Thanks Cluster, for continuing to work so that we dream and enjoy many years of nes and snes mini !!!!:toot::hrth::grog::bow:

DWHkeVBW0AAp9x1.jpg

Last edited by byevoltor,
Reactions: asper

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks KMFDManic, we really appreciate the work week after week, day by day you do, and if you get that the commodore amiga 500 :grog: and atari 1024ST will work, you would be the god of mini nes and mini snes.:bow:

New version of hakchi2 near complete. Need only test it and ask translators to translate new strings.

I still prefer the new Hakchi2 CE, due to the fact that the main games list left panel, splits into different sections. So I can keep track of the different systems/platforms, when I need to make edits. I hope cluster get to add something similar.

Reactions: bigjdoberman

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zeus is about to send us home to Hercules! Thanks Cluster, for continuing to work so that we dream and enjoy many years of nes and snes mini !!!!:toot::hrth::grog::bow:

DWHkeVBW0AAp9x1.jpg

Always good to have as many on board as possible:) Changes from Hakchi2 CE can be pull requested into Hakchi2, and vice versa:)

Reactions: dulux and markehmus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end