Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I've already avoid the issue from the beginning, no parenthesis, exclamation marks, only hyphens: Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis, Valkyrie Profile - Disc 1, etc.

Okay.
So the game that runs uses:
/bin/pcsx /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-MAMBT/Chrono_Cross_-_Disc_1.bin
While the game that doesn't run uses:
/bin/pcsx /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-NHIFM/Resident_Evil_3_-_Nemesis.bin

I also have checked the two .desktop files, other than the games names, they are all identical.
What program did you use to edit the desktop files? Was anything changed AFTER you put it on the flash drive?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I've already avoid the issue from the beginning, no parenthesis, exclamation marks, only hyphens: Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis, Valkyrie Profile - Disc 1, etc.

I would recommend following my PS1 Ripping 101 video and ebooting these.

Also, try this...

Resident_Evil_3_Nemesis.bin

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you able to emulate it on your PC?

Haven't tried that. Should I?

What program did you use to edit the desktop files? Was anything changed AFTER you put it on the flash drive?

Notepad++.
When I added my first two games and sync, I was asked to flash the kernel, and I selected YES. I hadn't tested them since I hadn't bought the otg yet. When I had bought it, I added other games, but this time just before the sync, I selected NO to flash the kernel.
Do we really have to flash the kernel with Dantheman's hakchi?

Okay @KMFDManic , I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Last edited by maande80,

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Weird...

I just re-synced (while adding more games) and those previous games that did not load are now running. Some are still not though (Resident Evil 2 - Leon - Disc 1, Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis, Castlevania - SotN). Also, those original SNES games got C7 errors.
Anyone know the cause?

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Weird...

I just re-synced (while adding more games) and those previous games that did not load are now running. Some are still not though (Resident Evil 2 - Leon - Disc 1, Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis, Castlevania - SotN). Also, those original SNES games got C7 errors.
Anyone know the cause?

It literally takes 10-15 min to do the whole process, so I'd just start from scratch.

mredone

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello. Where i find step by step tutorial how add USB OTG to NES Classic. I go with KMFDManic Expandable_Storage_ReadMe! but everything freeze on Hakchi boot logo. Without USB work flawless.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It literally takes 10-15 min to do the whole process, so I'd just start from scratch.

Sorry, I don't get it. Are you saying that I have to uninstall everything again in order to avoid C7 error?

Hello. Where i find step by step tutorial how add USB OTG to NES Classic. I go with KMFDManic Expandable_Storage_ReadMe! but everything freeze on Hakchi boot logo. Without USB work flawless.

You might wanna try @PPlays 's tutorial.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try having flash drive in fat32 format. And, you running with SNESC or NESC?

Vorenu5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For NESC make sure you have dtm_font_remount_12_3_17 hmod installed when using USB-Host (it is required).
You will not be able to use folders until its boots successfully without folders. Once it boots successfully, if you add folders you will need to copy copyright.fnt and title.fnt inside every folder that contains games. (Thx to @girjordi for figuring that one out)

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these Desktop files look?
My n64 games are getting a black screen and return to menu:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/n64 /var/games/CLV-6-JMLCW/N64__NFLBlitz.z64
Path=/var/saves/CLV-6-JMLCW
Name=N64 NFLBlitz
Icon=/var/games/CLV-6-JMLCW/CLV-6-JMLCW.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-6-JMLCW
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1900-01-01
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=n64 nflblitz
SortRawPublisher=UNKNOWN
Copyright=©1983 Nintendo

Also my Original 30 games aren't working, here is the Desktop file for them:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /var/lib/hakchi/squashfs/var/games/CLV-P-SAAAE/CLV-P-SAAAE.sfrom --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600
Path=/var/saves//CLV-P-SAAAE
Name=Super Mario World
Icon=/var/lib/hakchi/squashfs/var/games/CLV-P-SAAAE/CLV-P-SAAAE.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-P-SAAAE
TestID=0
Status=Completing-3
ID=0
Players=2
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1991-08-18
SaveCount=3
SortRawTitle=super mario world
SortRawPublisher=NINTENDO
Copyright=©1983 Nintendo
MyPlayDemoTime=45

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Yes I can confirm, you will need the dtm_font_remount_12_3_17 file otherwise it won’t work.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Ok.
How you add new games? Modded Hakchi2 SHIFT+SAVE and copy to usb? Did you edit a .desktop file?
Yes, exactly, no need to edit anything in the desktop file (atleast for NES games) haven’t tried RetroArch yet because I first wanted everything to work, maybe I’ll try that tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum