Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster , would NES Mini have memory enough for this?
Yes, NES Mini has many memory and pretty powerful.

I use hakchi2 v2.10.
The NES game "Urusei Yatsura - Lum no Wedding Bell"(うる星やつら ラムのウェディングベル) is playable, although hakchi2 tells me it seems unplayable.
It's mapper is 86.
This is for reference.
Thank you, I will test it. Need to do more mapper tests...

Just a simple request, could you possibly add an option to disable menu music? It's getting quite annoying.
It's possible but I think that it will overweight app with unnecessary features. It's possible to do via simple script modification. Need to remove/replace files:
/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sounds/hvc/bgm_boot.wav
/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sounds/hvc/bgm_home.wav
I can help you to do it.

modsbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I came to this thread today to post that it would be great to have an option to disable the menu music, and here it is as the last two posts.

Cluster, if you could throw that feature in one of your next revs that would be fantastic. I know a lot of folks would use it even if they aren't asking.

It would be even more awesome if you could optionally replace the music file with one of your own, but for now just being able to turn it off would be awesome.

I will also try to do it myself next time I boot my mac into Windows and if it's easy will write up the steps to do it here.

Last thing... Cluster, seriously the app is absolutely amazing. Thanks for creating it. down+select to reset is absolutely kickass as well, thanks for adding that!

Reactions: GarethKeenan

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never even heard of this game, Over Horizon, but it's a really great shmup and it seems to work just fine. Check it out, seems better than Gradius (or at least more accessible).

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, NES Mini has many memory and pretty powerful.

That's marvelous! Arranging games on folders optimizes memory usage... The NES Mini's User Interface (UI) would be changed because of this? A new tab to access different folders, perhaps?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've never even heard of this game, Over Horizon, but it's a really great shmup and it seems to work just fine. Check it out, seems better than Gradius (or at least more accessible).

Pretty nice! I'll try this one next time!

Last edited by Hacking_Myself,
Reactions: dronesplitter

superdeluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do you fix a C7 error is it the fault of the individual rom?

Also I've read talk of other Roms emulators on the mini. Are we talking ability to add snes?

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also I've read talk of other Roms emulators on the mini. Are we talking ability to add snes?

No it is not what @Cluster said, he said that it is possible to run other executables on the mini NES, so in theory it would be possible to run a executable of another emulator, but one has to be build first i guess.

Or if the mini NES, runs on Linux, maybe this emu would work.

http://www.zophar.net/linux/nes/fceux.html, than we would no longer have mapper problems.

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's possible but I think that it will overweight app with unnecessary features. It's possible to do via simple script modification. Need to remove/replace files:
/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sounds/hvc/bgm_boot.wav
/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sounds/hvc/bgm_home.wav
I can help you to do it.

It would be even more awesome if you could optionally replace the music file with one of your own, but for now just being able to turn it off would be awesome.

I'm not a 100% sure, but to me this looks like you can have any music file you want already if you just rename it to "bgm_home.wav" and replace the original file with the same name...?

Anyway, I apologize to ask this again but since I've yet to get an answer, I'm thinking maybe @Cluster didn't notice the request? Anyway, I was asking if it was possible to add a feature to the app where you can disable the blue arrow, but keep the thumbnails. I like the look of the little tiny images, it fleshes out the UI from a visual point of view and acts like a preview of the shelf. I know it can only display 44 images but I don't mind that.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm trying to patch super mario bros unlimited, but I cant get hakchi to detect the patch. It's named

00000000-filename - NES Mini patch.ips

Where 00000000 is the crc32 checksum of the mario bros rom and filename is the exact filename of the mario bros rom...

any clues?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Some other games running in mini nes classic.
Shadowgate

Skate or Die 2: The Search for Double Trouble

Stinger

Tecmo Super Bowl

Tecmo World Wrestling

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Vice: Project Doom

Willow

Wizards & Warriors

Rgs

Reactions: Piklz

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to patch super mario bros unlimited, but I cant get hakchi to detect the patch. It's named

00000000-filename - NES Mini patch.ips

Where 00000000 is the crc32 checksum of the mario bros rom and filename is the exact filename of the mario bros rom...

any clues?
Hi spinel, long time no read

Maybe you have the wrong rom or a wrong crc32. for the right checksum look here:
https://gamehacking.org/system/nes/f/1

I had the same probs with my ips since I have the right crc32 my patches works well.

Ah and after add the patch you have to re-add the rom file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1