Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not horrid. It's readable and playable but it's not ideal. Main dialog boxes are fine though. Playable? Absolutely.

The game used really weird resolution modes, 512 x 244, 512 x 488, 256 x 244, etc, how Secret of Mana, a stock ROM, emulated it so well is anyone's guess.

Reactions: NESjimbo

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Fox 2 Cheats:

P1 Item in Stock Address (map): 0x7E1DD2
P1 Item in Stock Address (in-game): 0x7EB22C
Mission Time: 0x7E1C0A
P1 Energy: 0x7EB228

- Enjoy :)

Last edited by asper,

spodamayn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone could provide an exemple? That would be sweet. Also wondering about it for Treasure of the Rudras.
From what I've read, Treasure of the Rudras is a lot worse, there's blurry text in combat and other places, not just menus. I'd pass on that game or play it with the snes9x 2005 core. Playing it in snes9x 2010 causes sound issues

Reactions: Hellequin

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Having too few games causes problems, too. There are should be at least 12 games in the menu to show them without glitches. Version 2.11 introduces a folder feature to avoid those problems.
I forgot about it and added 10 games only in a separate folder.
Can I put 31 games in the same problem without bugs (it was the case for Nes mini, but for Snes I don't know).
And does the "back" folder count as a game, in that case, I could move Star Fox 2 (the bonus game) in the "bonus games" with my new ones to get to 12.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do have one request because now this looks so awsome and your have a creative eye that I would have never thought of ... Could you make one more that says back? Or has a back arrow on it... please that would be the last peice to finish my setup.

Yes I'm making some 80's themed ones for NES classics and definitely will be making a back folder, though personally I just use one of the more_games ones and rename it to back_folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you would make some folder icons of more games for nes mini?

I liked a lot of these to use them on my snes mini, but also I would like to have some for my nes mini with the 80s style "in more games" in nes covers

retro_80s_cover.png

kinda blurry on the games but at the res the console uploads it you'll never notice it.

retro_80s_cover_2.png

retro_80s_cover_3.png

retro_80s_cover_4.png

here is an snes back folder:
back_folder.png

Last edited by The Frenchman,

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm making some 80's themed ones for NES classics and definitely will be making a back folder, though personally I just use one of the more_games ones and rename it to back_folder

kinda blurry on the games but at the res the console uploads it you'll never notice it.

Thanks that perfect just what I needed to finish my mod.

Domino089

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Thanks, the covers are very cool, I have another request if you can make the back folder for nes and if you can make another option for snes back folder?

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Those are excellent folder images!
IMHO, they suit excellently with NES Classic since it's so '80s.
If you could just make more images that um... well, suit with '90s for SNES Classic? :P
Sorry if that's too much too ask. :grog:
Thank you.

Last edited by maande80,
Reactions: artemus3

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are excellent folder images!
IMHO, they suit excellently with NES Classic since it's so '80s.
If you could just make more images that um... well, suit with '90s for SNES Classic? :P
Sorry if that's too much too ask. :grog:
Thank you.

Already did, they're a page back or the other before.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed my SNESC for the first time with custom kernel. I added the argument "--no-scanlines" to the global command-line arguments. I then added additional games so that the total on-screen was 48. I get a C7 error for every game, nothing boots. I do not have extra folders, all games are on main page.

Before I troubleshoot, I wanted to check here. Is the command line wrong resulting in all games running wrong? Do I need an HMOD to make the scanline change work? Does adding too many games cause C7 or C8?

Edit: looks like I'm missing the snes_custom_filters HMOD.

Last edited by NESjimbo,
Reactions: Pikapichu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.