Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Arnold101

Arnold101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2006
    United States

instead for video why nnitendo 1:1 is more little than retroarch 1:1?

2. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    Probably just the design of the two emulators.

3. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    Is street fighter alpha automatically patched now or does it still need to be done with darkakumas patch?

4. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Right I don't care so much about the space the 21 games take up (its only about 30-40 megabytes)... It's the redundant copies to 'replace' them that actually do take up space.... So if there was in the future a way to actually flash the nand to replace/remove the censorship/epilepsy patches from the 'core games'. it might actually save upwards 40 megabytes for additional games. However most of those games probably don't have epilepsy issues, so probably not more than 10-20 megs at the most to be used 'redundancy' replacement.

40 Megabytes could be literally enough space to add another 20-30 games (assuming they are 1-2 megs or less) on top of the 60-70 there is already there, plus have 21 core games. as well. But its probablyh closer to another 5-10 games on top of the 21 and 60-70. It's not a whole lot more, but it would still be a few more games packed into the system which could be cool... If someone figures out a work around to flash the nand to remove patches.

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't know what to tell you. Unless you want to mess with that experimental extra space mod, there isn't much we can do. That's all I'm saying, we can discuss this ad nauseum, but it won't change anything. I'd rather not discuss this any further as nothing's being done to resolve redundancy, I'm starting to get a headache :O If anyone wants to suggest how to take care of it, they can, I sure as heck won't be doing it.

6. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    To run on retroarch or canoe?

7. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    canoe

8. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I believe he's talking about Canoe, there's no patch needed for RetroArch.

Edit: Ninja'd :lol:

Edit 2: I like how the compatibility list says the patch is available, but doesn't even mention where to get it. GG whoever updated it, GG.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Oct 12, 2017
  9. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Eh, more importantly right now is the fact I can't install any games to my system... it's still has that 'shell' error people posted a few pages back... No the latest version hasn't fixed it yet, for the portable edition.

10. Arnold101

Arnold101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2006
    United States
    can we ask to the developer to add a combination buttons to start a game with retroarch instead of official emu? instead of make it from hakchi program....i want to do it from the snes itself.

Last edited by Arnold101, Oct 12, 2017
  11. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    I think the only game I read about in terms of being patched was Super Street Fighter II

12. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't use the portable version, and it worked fine for me *shrug*.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8t2aV5cVswYlnsdKxn9xoIW2Y/edit#gid=2014317767

There's definitely mention of the patch on there, but whoever mentioned it didn't bother to provide any link or info on where to get it. Shocker.

13. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States

Are you using the EU or the US version of the SNES?

Could it be somehow the program is confusing NES Mini and SNES files at some point during the 'flash'? SOmeone mentioned they were ablet o get it to work if they flashed the SNES in a separate portable copy from the NES Hackchi... I haven't tired this yet.

14. judebox

judebox Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2007
    France
    To update with 2.21c do we have to only re-synchronise games or to re-flash custom kernel ?

15. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    US version, there should've been an option or screen where you chose what version of the Snes Classic, a popup, at least in an older version it asked for that. I don't know, but I don't use the web-installer/portable version at all. I don't even have the NES Mini either. The version of Hackchi shouldn't even mention NES mini.

16. RevRaven

RevRaven Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    the_randomizer likes this.
  17. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    Do yo unot like how it is done in Hakchi now?

18. mattmanforever

mattmanforever Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    United States
    With Retroarch installed, a few games seem to have the edges cutoff. CASTLEVANIA being the main culprit. I tried adjusting the aspect ratio, but then you just get a black bar and still can't see the "e" on enemy. Any fix for this?

castlevania.jpg

19. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    The popup has Super Famicom, SNES, Famicom and NES...

I chose SNES Mini (being the closest option)

The issue maybe that the UK SNES might have just enough differences with the US version to throw things off, or confuse Hackchi.

20. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't know, man, it works with both EU and NA, a lot of people from the EU have used it fine. Don't use the portable version or web install version then. Or trade a EU one with a NA one on the Temp.