Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States

Well actually not every game has been tested fully, and so we don't know the level of 'accuracy' or how well each emulates certain games. It's possible Canoe could have more 'accurate' emulation including speed and timing for certain games than SNES9X does. Maybe Canoe emulates a problematic game that SNES9X 'barely handles'. So there might be undocumented benefits to using one over the other. We can't say for 100% certainty that there are no differen ces in 'gameplay' between both emulators.

Kumoashi likes this.

2. Pikapichu

Pikapichu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2017
    United States
    Do those mods include the bilinear filtering (remove scanline option) you made a video about earlier? Do they have to be installed separately into hakchi? I’m still running 2.20 and have been hesitant to install 2.21 because of the issues and upload error messages that some people were having earlier.

3. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2017
    Germany
    until 2.21 the original games was under usr/share/games and take space that used for the adding of games.
    with 2.21 has cluster move these files to a read only nand section to save space for games adding and save game.
    but you can not modify the original games anymore!
    the are on a read only section.

and it easier to ad a rom of the games then to mod the original games.

but the read only nand ist there and that make modding of the game impossible

artemus3 and Pikapichu like this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Those are the only ones we know about. You'd have to ask Cluster about that.

5. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    They can be passed to the original games, these arguments actually ONLY work on games not run through retroarch. If you highlight the mod in hakchi it will give you the 3 arguments available: --no-scanlines --no-smooth --smooth43

--smooth43 and --no-scanlines look exactly the same.

Last edited by PPlays, Oct 12, 2017
  6. SWChris

SWChris Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    United States
    Anybody play around with getting all four Ancient Stone Tablets weeks to share a single save file? I'm curious if putting each of the roms in a different subfolder within the same CLV-U-UUUU folder (e.g. CLV-U-UUUU/week1/game.sfrom) would trick the SNES to assume they are the same game, but since I've got about 8 hours before I can try, I figured I'd ask here in case someone has experimented with it already.

7. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2017
    Germany
    we are talk abo 1 from 10 games.
    the count of the games that wont work with canoe is little.
    i have 260games in hakchi and from them only araound 15 or less are need retroarch

8. corky_1983

corky_1983 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    de. Please read mod description before install.
    Awesome!

Thanks!

9. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Here's hoping a possible mode to slightly stretch the aspect ratio is possible, same with disabling the anti-seizure filtering. Earthbound has some trippy anti-epileptic effects with critical hits.

10. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Liriel its obvious that your lack of English as a primary language, is a detrimate to understanding the point of anything I said...

We know that its Read only Memory... there is nothing that can be done about that... We have to live with the fact in order to add modded, or non-modified games we would be forced to have to install 'fresh' copies of the games and use up space in the empty space areas... All that some of us are saying it would have been nice if it it hadn't been in ROM sections and could have been modified, so it would free up space in the other areas to have new games, instead to install the same game in a different location (using up more space in the process).

Last edited by Baggins, Oct 12, 2017
  11. supermist

supermist Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    sorry if this was posted before. are there specific dimensions I can add in retroarch so those games match the exact dimensions of games played via canoe?

12. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    Yes the --no-scanlines is what I used in my video. You only have t oinstall the mod once, and then enter one of the 3 arguments into the global command list under settings I believe.

Pikapichu and the_randomizer like this.
  13. jAKXX

jAKXX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    All you have to do is to unselect the game you want to add.

After you add the spanish rom with the Pal cover in hackchi. You will need to add --retroarch at the end of the command line (default canoe only run ntsc rom...)

Upload the game.

14. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    I'm not 100% but it may be defaulted to match the system. If not, it can be adjusted in the menu under settings->video.

15. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    I mean they haven't been fully tested in canoe of those 260 games its possible that there could be issues late in the game, perhaps a physics bug or some other issue, graphical glitches, with certain screens, etc...

Some emulators for example didn't like Speedy Gonazales and in one particular level it was impossible to beat because of improper 'emulation'.

Just turning on a game, and testing the first level or so isn't going to give enough information to know if the game Canoe played through 100% without any issues at all.

There are some in SNES9X that fall into this category they look good on the surface, but may not be fully or accurately emulated throughout the entire game. In some cases SNES9X2010 might even be less accurate.

We won't know full details until people start playing and testing the games in the long gameplay runs.

Kumoashi and RevRaven like this.
  16. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2017
    Germany
    is this now bulling?
    englisch is only in a few countrys the native language!
    there are enough countrys on that there is only a second or third language.
    and know that i dont have english as native language is bad.
    schön das man jetzt runter gemacht wird das man nicht die muttersprache englisch hat.
    als würde alle welt englisch sprechen und es anhimmeln!

schön das meine spiele ohne probleme laufen und eure net

Last edited by Liriel, Oct 12, 2017
    TxFxL likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Hey, don't call him out just because English isn't his native language, that's not cool. Anyways, if you want to edit the default 21 games, your only choice is to roll back to an older version before they weren't part of that USR or whatever part of the NAND it was on. You can just hide them and replace them with other versions of the ROMs, it's not that big of a deal. Yes, it would be nice, to remove them, or what have you, but beggars can't be choosers. And if someone has an issue with how they're handled, one can always suggest a better alternative to Cluster, but until then, we have to accept it.

There's nothing that can be done about it.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Oct 12, 2017
    artemus3 likes this.
  18. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    I'm just pointing out that it seems you are misunderstanding some of my points... That its almost like we are discussing two different 'issues' or ideas, and it was going in 'circles'.

I have no issues with you knowing other languages, and I respect that. I was just pointing out that you may not being fully understanding what I'm saying.

19. Liriel

Liriel GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2017
    Germany
    he ist not right it must be she ^^

20. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States

So if they used to not be in the 'nand' and were editable at one time (you mention older versions and that cluster 'moved them')? THen wouldn't be possible to actually create a nand patch that would at least 'remove' the epilepsy filter patches, and then back up the unpatched copies in the nand instead?

Again, my issue is not about 'removing the games' but actually replacing them with better copies of the games... and leaving the space in the other areas alternate 'new games'. NO 'redundancy'...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well I thought you were a 'she' based on your name and screen picture. I've been calling you a 'she'/'her' etc... Glad I wasn't wrongfully 'assuming' your gender.

21. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't know, all you can do now is "hide" them, and then replace them with their counterparts, there isn't anything we can do otherwise for now. Sorry, but we can't do anything about that. The space the 21 games takes up is negligible. Either that, or we do nothing, but come on, this is just nitpicking at this point.:unsure:

Last edited by the_randomizer, Oct 12, 2017