United States
Reactions: PrincessLillie

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster has already looked into it and confirmed it has the same FEL mode for access. No word yet if there's new security software to prevent hacking, but it definitely looks like he's working on it.

https://www.i4u.com/2017/09/124550/...2-developer-confirms-snes-classic-connects-pc

Oddly enough there was an article about this on Nintendo Life, of all places

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...i_is_just_as_hackable_as_the_nes_classic_mini

This is great news, as there are lot of games, like Chrono Trigger, that need to be on here, and sure enough, it'll happen :P

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously the SNES Classic has more complex software, so some hacking protection wouldn't surprise me. It has a rewind feature, screen frames, and even is pre-programmed to hide Star Fox 2 until you beat a level of Star Fox. It isn't just an NES Classic shell with a touchup for SNES.

If possible, I'm going to remove the built-in FF3 and replace it with a tweaked FF6 English translation with original Japanese box art. FF4 and 5 have to go on there too.

Last edited by NESjimbo,
Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously the SNES Classic has more complex software, so some hacking protection wouldn't surprise me. It has a rewind feature, screen frames, and even is pre-programmed to hide Star Fox 2 until you beat a level of Star Fox. It isn't just an NES Classic shell with a touchup for SNES.

If possible, I'm going to remove the built-in FF3 and replace it with a tweaked FF6 English translation with original Japanese box art. FF4 and 5 have to go on there too.

Yup, FF3 uncensored/retranslated edition with VWF to replace that weird Chicago font :P FF5 is a good choice, and as far as official emulation goes, this is the best Snes emulation we've seen as NERD developed it.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cluster has already looked into it and confirmed it has the same FEL mode for access. No word yet if there's new security software to prevent hacking, but it definitely looks like he's working on it.

https://www.i4u.com/2017/09/124550/...2-developer-confirms-snes-classic-connects-pc

He was talking about the batch of nes mini's that are supposedly to be released after the snes craze is over next year.

Example: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394

Last edited by ByteThis,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It has been awhile, i have actually started to play the games i uploaded :-)
But some weird things are happening since.
I am using hacki212 and suddenly Sonic Chaos crashes when entering a level, i never had that before, it always loaded but suddenly that stopped.
Last week i was playing Castlevania for the Sega Genesis, i died in the first level, than the level loaded again, and i walked again, than everything went black, the music played but i couldn't see a thing.
I pressed reset, and could hear the music from de NES mini but i saw nothing, so i had to turn my tv off and on, and everything loaded again.
If the SNES mini comes out, and it is hackable, i am going to remove some games from my NES mini, maybe it will help.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I am using hacki212 and suddenly Sonic Chaos crashes when entering a level, i never had that before, it always loaded but suddenly that stopped.
Last week i was playing Castlevania for the Sega Genesis, i died in the first level, than the level loaded again, and i walked again, than everything went black, the music played but i couldn't see a thing.
I pressed reset, and could hear the music from de NES mini but i saw nothing, so i had to turn my tv off and on, and everything loaded again.
If the SNES mini comes out, and it is hackable, i am going to remove some games from my NES mini, maybe it will help.
Blij dat je weer terug bent. Personally I use 200mb for games, the system needs room for save states as you know but also needs room for cache memory. When I get my SNES Mini, I'll put a hundred or so SNES games on that and make of my NES Mini a fully catalogued NES. I wouldn't use it with too many hmods filled up too the max. Since I am doing this I didn't have any freeze or "C" errors.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good-Set Roms tend to have such issues in the Mini NES Environment. No-Intro works better, in this case. I also updated Genesis Plus GX and every other Core, since you've been gone quite some time. It runs far more reliably and has far more options than the initial one we used on hakchi2. Alternatively, Picodrive also runs Genesis Games quite well. I also got Turbografx-CD, Commodore 64, Game & Watch, 3do, Atari Jaguar, System 32 Games via MAME 2003, and a dozen other nifty things running. Unfortunately, BlueMSX still has compatibility issues within the code. Check them out. I will be posting another Update, today. You can see some of my latest videos with these in action on my YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoRrbw6gyi4KRPGUNnVVjMQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Blij dat je weer terug bent. Personally I use 200mb for games, the system needs room for save states as you know but also needs room for cache memory. When I get my SNES Mini, I'll put a hundred or so SNES games on that and make of my NES Mini a fully catalogued NES. I wouldn't use it with too many hmods filled up too the max. Since I am doing this I didn't have any freeze or "C" errors.

You can use far more than 200 Mb and avoid c2, c5, c7, c8 errors if you follow certain guidelines I have gone over before. No-Intro, Less than 100 Games Per Folder, 300 in Games fine, if not too many HMODS. 275, give or take, if too many. Cache wise, you will still get random C8 errors. But, not as much as in earlier Hakchi2 versions that didn't have code that clears cache. I generally get onto the system, pick what I want to play, then shut it down once in awhile to manually clear cache. I rarely run into C8. I never run into c2, c5, c7, not since I have made a majority of my set-ups No-Intro & Tosec & and some Good-Set, where applicable.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-UPDATE 9-18-17 (Another Truly Massive Update:) over 30 Cores Updated!!! You can now use Stella (Atari 2600) with Save States! FBA works much better and more reliably with Save States, as well! Even though I still love MAME 2003! If you want save states in a particular game, you can swap over to FBA, and have them! Keybinding is implemented into the Vice Core (Commodore 64!) You can use Genesis Lock-On Technology with the HMOD I put together for that within the Bios portion of the Standard HMODS. RetroArch Updated again (FCEUMM & Nestopia). Lots of Optimizations, Bug Fixes, and so on! Being that I updated, revised & compiled over 30 Cores, this time around...As per usual, replace the entire set to make sure you are good to go on the most Optimal Set-Ups for any given situation on your Mini NES! Two videos posted, one for Commodore 64 Keybinding & one for Genesis Plus GX Lock-On Technology! Enjoy!

Without further ado!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

NES Classic - Sega Genesis - Lock-On Technology

You do not even have to worry about the pins being bent, like on an NES Game Genie:) Here we have Sega Genesis Lock-On Technology, implemented, via HMOD Core...for Genesis Plus GX, with support for Game Genie & Sonic & Knuckles add-ons:) I realize one can grab versions of the games that already have this done. But, authenticity purposes, having the ability to do this is pretty damned cool!

NES Classic - Commodore 64 - Keybinding, Yay!

Wish granted, Keybinding compiled within the Core:) It makes for a far better experience:)

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In the USA they already sell mini snes.
comment that it is the same as the mini nes.
Cluster lights up your followers !!!! Thank you!!!:wub:

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In some stores (media, etc.), mini snes units are distributed to promote them before being released to the final consumer. There is also the black market.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Nestopia - Let's run compressed games!

UPDATE: I integrated this into Standard RetroArch. So, you need only install the RetroArch from the link below, then do command line for

/bin/nestopia

to run compressed games via nestopia:)

With RetroArch, one can run games via Nestopia & FCEUMM. But, compressed games can only be command line argumented with FCEUMM. Nestopia will only run compressed, if Use Nestopia HMOD is installed. But, the negative of this is that you cannot use FCEUMM. I put together another HMOD to account for this, so that you can all run compressed games with both FCEUMM, as well as Nestopia. This video shows the set-up with command line changes necessary to pull this dual usage of Nestopia & FCEUMM off:) Enjoy the video!

Here is a temporary link to the Core, til I update it into my main set...

https://ufile.io/d5g2j

iDaw_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys :)

i have one question :
i use _km_snes9x2010_8_6_17 and _km_snes9x2005_8_14_17 for snes game, all games work very well except four games (super FX games) (star fox1 & 2, super mario rpg and yoshi's island)
They work slowly with hatched sound ! :(
In setting super FX is overclocking
i need to change another setting ?
An idéa ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys :)

i have one question :
i use _km_snes9x2010_8_6_17 and _km_snes9x2005_8_14_17 for snes game, all games work very well except four games (super FX games) (star fox1 & 2, super mario rpg and yoshi's island)
They work slowly with hatched sound ! :(
In setting super FX is overclocking
i need to change another setting ?
An idéa ?

Due to the more accurate emulation of 2010, Super FX Games have somewhat laggy sound. The FX Overclock options helps to a degree, as does disabling vsynch from Video Settings. 2005 is less accurate, so games like those run "faster", right off the bat. But, due to the less accurate emulation, certain games suffer...such as LucasArts Star Wars games (Sound isn't emulated as well as on 2005 as it is on 2010!). So, switch over to using 2005 for the Super FX Games if you do not like the slight lag. I also updated the Cores for both SNES 2005 and 2010, so you can use them both at the same time:) Like in the following video! For command line, change /bin/snes to either /bin/snes05 OR /bin/snes10

Here is the video.

You can also run Yoshi's Island on GBA:) It runs great on there! But, follow my video for best current options:)

iDaw_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Due to the more accurate emulation of 2010, Super FX Games have somewhat laggy sound. The FX Overclock options helps to a degree, as does disabling vsynch from Video Settings. 2005 is less accurate, so games like those run "faster", right off the bat. But, due to the less accurate emulation, certain games suffer...such as LucasArts Star Wars games (Sound isn't emulated as well as on 2005 as it is on 2010!). So, switch over to using 2005 for the Super FX Games if you do not like the slight lag. I also updated the Cores for both SNES 2005 and 2010, so you can use them both at the same time:) Like in the following video! For command line, change /bin/snes to either /bin/snes05 OR /bin/snes10

Here is the video.

You can also run Yoshi's Island on GBA:) It runs great on there! But, follow my video for best current options:)

i will test with SNES 2005 ...
Thanks you so much :)

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the USA they already sell mini snes.

idx5qv.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat