Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the cores I have installed, I have 292.4MB to work with for ROMs. Does that take into account an allowance for save states and save files? Am I safe to fill it to the max, or should I leave ~10MB free?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to run the sg Drol, I have to put /md and not /sg ?

Yes, /bin/sg to /bin/md or any other supported bin pointer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With all the cores I have installed, I have 292.4MB to work with for ROMs. Does that take into account an allowance for save states and save files? Am I safe to fill it to the max, or should I leave ~10MB free?

I would recommend 275 mb or lower if you DO have a lot of hmods. 292 may quickly lead to c7 or c8, otherwise.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why dont you just add whatever games you want in hakchi...even the big ones..just keep track of the mb size in your head...check or uncheck the games in hakchi GUI to account for space and play what you want.. I do..it doesnt take long to sync..tons of hmods..variety of consoles and games to play.

Last edited by ByteThis,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still don't know why there is no attract sound in XMEN Children Of The Atom arcade game. The sound in the game it's self is just fine and the game plays, there is just no attract sound. I've tried placing qsound.zip in ever folder I thought it should be in and nothing. Any ideas ?

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how can I use game genie codes for NES games in retroarch? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Done! I didn't know there was a hmod for that. The cheats work great, but I have to enable them every time I play the game. I have tried to save setting in retroarch menu but doesn't work (save game overrides, save new configuration... nothing). Any idea?

Last edited by Mamertos,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how can I use game genie codes for NES games in retroarch? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Done! I didn't know there was a hmod for that. The cheats work great, but I have to enable them every time I play the game. I have tried to save setting in retroarch menu but doesn't work (save game overrides, save new configuration... nothing). Any idea?

Depends on what you're using the codes to do. If you're playing Final Fantasy and use a level up code, it should save the new level. If you're playing Tetris and use a long block only code, you have to put that in every time. Just depends

Reactions: Mamertos

DaveRo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's interested, I got C8 error at 136/326 (!!!!) starting Pokémon crystal. I tried it twice, it produced the error at exactly the same point - upon selecting the saved game.
I really didn't expect this, considering how little memory I have used (74 games, predominantly nes but some SNES, Gameboy advance and 2 N64 games, very few save states, and few modules installed - gambette (which I'm gonna remove along with Pokémon crystal), mgbga, SNES 2010 , glupen64.

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure why I am getting this error?? Can anyone explain?

Attachments

• HakchiError.png
    HakchiError.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 291

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ummmm..maybe cause your using an HP computer..haha..

Maybe cause your space isnt showing correctly..did you account for the space for your hmods?

Hey my HP ran solid for 6 years now.. best computer I ever owned.. haha I didn't account for the hmods so maybe just too top heavy on the games..will trim the fat and see what gives..Thanks for the advice

Bigjdoberman

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey my HP ran solid for 6 years now.. best computer I ever owned.. haha I didn't account for the hmods so maybe just too top heavy on the games..will trim the fat and see what gives..Thanks for the advice

Bigjdoberman
If you want to know how to fix it I will tell you bro

Bigjdoberman
Here is how to fix it. First uninstall all mods. Then completely uninstall hakchi from inside hakchi program. And then flash original kernel. And then turn system on and factory reset it. Then flash custom kernel then install mods then sync games. And your problem will be fixed!

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to know how to fix it I will tell you bro

Here is how to fix it. First uninstall all mods. Then completely uninstall hakchi from inside hakchi program. And then flash original kernel. And then turn system on and factory reset it. Then flash custom kernel then install mods then sync games. And your problem will be fixed!

Will give that a try and ley you know..Thanks again for the instructions.

Bigjdoberman

Reactions: youngtune27

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr