Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Tugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't need reinstall driver. You need to overwrite all the files from previous hakchi2 version with the 2.07.

Rgs.
I think I did that, because when I launched the new .exe, all of my games were erased. So I added them again, but I am getting an error message that "The system cannot find the file specified" when I go to flash the custom kernel. Any ideas?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I did that, because when I launched the new .exe, all of my games were erased. So I added them again, but I am getting an error message that "The system cannot find the file specified" when I go to flash the custom kernel. Any ideas?
If the games that you already put with older versions don't appears in the .exe that you launch, you launch the 2.07 without remplace all the files(directories included).
My recommendation is:
1.-check where you have the previous version.
2.- delete the 2.07 that you launched.
3.-Unpack the hakchi2.exe 2.07 later, overwrite all the files(and directories) on the same path that you have the previous hakchi2 version
4.-When you launch the 2.07 hakchi.exe you will see all the games that previous have add in the program, if not you make bad again.

Rgs.

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I understand correctly: lower box art image size = more RAM space for games?

The amount of RAM memory free for images/games could be measured?

Tugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the games that you already put with older versions don't appears in the .exe that you launch, you launch the 2.07 without remplace all the files(directories included).
My recommendation is:
1.-check where you have the previous version.
2.- delete the 2.07 that you launched.
3.-Unpack the hakchi2.exe 2.07 later, overwrite all the files(and directories) on the same path that you have the previous hakchi2 version
4.-When you launch the 2.07 hakchi.exe you will see all the games that previous have add in the program, if not you make bad again.

Rgs.
Thanks nestio! I got it up and running again

orgazmo1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check the internet connection? Have you made any modification in the program files? It's very strange...

I have not. My internet connection is fine. Tried it on my pc and my mac. Same results.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got my covers from here:

http://www.web-emulation.com/jaquettes-jeux-nintendo-en-0-9.php

I just cropped them. They're much nicer than the ones that showed up from google.

Thats what I have been doing for them. Ive been getting them from a website called The Cover Project.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do I set the B side of a FDS game? Game just crashes when it's asking for the B side.
There are command line arguments for FDS games. I think that it will help:
Code:
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch                                      Automatic disk side switch detection
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress                          When a disk side switch is detected, only insert the other disk side on the next keypress
--fds-initial-disk-insert-delay=<value in frame count>           Set initial disk insertion delay
--fds-initial-disk-insert-on-keypress                            Initial disk insertion on keypress
--fds-bios-file-name=<fds bios file name>                        Specify bios file to load (default to fds_bios.bin)
--fds-disable-host-guest-sync-on-disk-op                         disable host/guest synchronization during disk operation
--fds-disk-switch-side-delay=<delay in frames>                   Delay in frames between disk ejection and insertion

Would it be possible to add Japanese character support to your updated font? If the updated font is used all Japanese characters in titles disappear.
I can't do it by myself since I don't know Japanese but I can help you to do it. You need this app: http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/

@Cluster great work on this custom too!! Is there any way to build in support for the Nintendo World Championship 1990 rom? This rom uses the NWC mapper #105. Also, how difficult would it be to emulate the dipswitches from the cart to change the timer on the game if one would want to? Or would that have to be hard coded in the support for the mapper? The time limit to complete all three games is 6 minutes and 21 seconds.
It's impossible unless somebody will port other emulator to NES Mini.

@Cluster any thoughts on why my audio has a delay from the custom kernel and not when flashed back to Original kernel?
I have no idea. It's strange.

I have one problem after flashing to a new kernel: the reset button causes the console to freeze. Not everytime, but most times. Not only when resetting from a newly added game, also with the bundled ones.
I also flashed back to my original kernel: same behaviour. Any idea how to fix that?
Can one maybe provide his dump of the original kernel, so that I can check this out?
How many games you uploaded? Seems like too much.
I can provide link for kernel, write me via PM. Not sure that it's legal to share kernel dump.

Copy also config.ini if it exists. It you problem still not solved please send me the whole folder of hakchi2 and I'll look whats wrong.

I have not. My internet connection is fine. Tried it on my pc and my mac. Same results.
Seems like Google don't like requests from your IP address for some reason. I'm using web page parsing instead of API.

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
From GAF
So you can remove the epilepsy protection by deleting "--enable-armet" from the command line arguments (will be at the end)
This is the solution for the effect of the first boss in Battletoads?
Minute 3:05

Rgs.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the solution for the effect of the first boss in Battletoads?
Minute 3:05

Rgs.

I tried it and, yes, it seems to fix all of these issues where the graphics show weird if the game has a quick flash. I noticed that, for example, in Castlevania games that getting a crucifix makes a bizarre effect. I deleted that specific line from the command line and now it looks like it should. Hopefully this fixes Recca, but I haven't tried yet.

Reactions: nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried it and, yes, it seems to fix all of these issues where the graphics show weird if the game has a quick flash. I noticed that, for example, in Castlevania games that getting a crucifix makes a bizarre effect. I deleted that specific line from the command line and now it looks like it should. Hopefully this fixes Recca, but I haven't tried yet.
Exists a Recca version that works in Mini NES? Please name o data, I need info thanks in advance.

Rgs.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I like this effect very much :) I think it's looking really cool. But I add this instruction to FAQ.

Hello @Cluster it's normal you don't have UnsupportedFourScreenException.cs on your job ? :D
Fixed :) Sorry.

Reactions: dronesplitter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita