dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem on a virgin 4.3 Wii, there has never been any changes made and I am booting the latest HackMii installer using Letterbomb.

My problem is the installer boots but using Letterbomb exploit but once the 'Press 1' dialog appears the Wii Remote disconnects and will not reconnect until reboot (flashes all lights until reboot). I was wondering if anybody has any insight into this.

I think that the problem has something to do with the hardware, considering that everything software related is virgin.

The causes I could think of are:

1) The SD card being used is SDHC or
2) The Wii remote being used is the new kind with Motionplus built in or
3) There is some problem with Letterbomb with this Wii? In which case a game-related exploit might work instead?

The person recently procured this Wii and has no other SD or Wii Remotes currently and has no exploitable games, so I was wondering if anybody would have an idea as to what the problem might be before I tell them to go buy a game for another exploit/a new remote/a new SD card.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't mean it works with every SD card ever made ever, lol.
Duh, if letterbomb can be launched from the system menu and the exploit is able to load the hackmii installer and pass the integrity checks there obviously isn't a problem with the card.
*Joostin facepalms*

It's obviously time for me to get some sleep.

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damn. It would seem from your posts that the problem is the Wii remote. He bought the new Black Wii NSMB bundle in December :/

Is there any way to make this work without having to find an older controller?

For example is there any sort of modded hackmii installer that can be controlled without a Wii Remote (like how bootMii is used) or anyway to temporarily disable the MotionPlus functionality of these new remotes?

Regardless, thanks for your help guys. I had not been able to find anything about the new controllers not working prior to this :)

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Ok so I got a hold of an older non motion-plus Wii and that did allow the HackiMii Installer to work, meaning that there IS some sort of problem with the new remotes and homebrew :(

However I now have a new problem XD. I am trying to install cIOS dx7 on the Wii, but I can't seem to get any IOS to work with a WAD installer. I have tried the old IOS36 Trucha Bug from DOP-Mii but this doesn't seem to work with 4.3. I have also tried the IOS236 insataller but that doesn't work, I believe because he on;y has a 4GB SDHC card...

Am I forgetting something super obvious that would let me do this some other way?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem once. I couldn't get it to work even with several different remotes. I ended up having to use a GameCube controller.
Edit: Didn't see that you just got it to work.

johnf1nk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the wilbrand launcher but Im having problems it would seem. the program generates theexploit and boot.elf but when I run the expoit on my wii the hackmii installer doesn't load, instead I am jst kicked back to the channel screen. Any Idea what might be causing that. a note aside incase its relevant the wii Im running it on is already softmoded I'm doing the install again for a tutorial I'm working on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2