Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

JImb00

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello boys, I have the same problem that the user Conducto. it is impossible to install the HC
Bathaxx seems that it works fine but when there comes the moment to install HC exception (DSI) ocurred every time I Use 4 different SD card and the same result, following the process explained in Wiibrew.
Any idea??

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Does StartPatch work for vWii? I'm wondering since it's a a Virtual 4.3U will it work? or is there anyway I can Region Free my vWii Games & Channels?
If it installs and doesn't work it'd be an instant brick to the vWii portion of your Wii U so unless an expert reports it's working I wouldn't try it.

Also, the system menu on vWii uses a different encryption than system menu on a normal Wii so it's very possible it wouldn't be able to load the system menu at all.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does StartPatch work for vWii? I'm wondering since it's a a Virtual 4.3U will it work? or is there anyway I can Region Free my vWii Games & Channels?

I don't know if gecko os supports out of region booting only for disc based games, but before you harm your wiiu by installing something you don't know will work or not you should try gecko os first. I know gecko os can apply cheats to channels, so it could be that it's also able to start channels of other regions. haven't used gecko os in quite a while so I don't know.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
What confuses me most , generally speaking of course but most people that bought a wiiu that are involved with trying to modify the wii mode of the wiiu are essentially trying to replicate what they already have on the wii , now i understand fully that this is how things develop , but at the thought of risking bricking a whole new console to replicate what you already have baffles me some what . The hacking scene totally facinates me and i read avidly all of the developments that are happening and understand that without peoples general enthusiasm for this , none of this would happen , but really fuck with a console to emulate what you already safely have baffles me somewhat... just chill out , let the people that can , DO !!

Reactions: lovewiibrew

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What confuses me most , generally speaking of course but most people that bought a wiiu that are involved with trying to modify the wii mode of the wiiu are essentially trying to replicate what they already have on the wii , now i understand fully that this is how things develop , but at the thought of risking bricking a whole new console to replicate what you already have baffles me some what . The hacking scene totally facinates me and i read avidly all of the developments that are happening and understand that without peoples general enthusiasm for this , none of this would happen , but really fuck with a console to emulate what you already safely have baffles me somewhat... just chill out , let the people that can , DO !!

danger with a sense of control = excitement.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would love to answer this at least for me: It's the WiiU's weird "1080p" mode for vWii. Games don't look much different but any kind of input lag is GONE making so many more games more playable.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, did not take too long to update with new base 56 at least.

I do not know actually lol, what with it being in Wii U mode and all, so far I have just been hitting "cancel" every time I power on the console, guess I am used to it now :lol:
Kinda reminds me of the "Press A to continue" on the Wii.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

+1. I've said this from the beginning.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pwsincd @lovewiibrew
I wanted to be able to use my Wii U as a full replacement for my Wii since its got the sparkles .I wanted Injected VC wads and USB loading to work on WiiMode so i do not need to rely on the Wii anymore for that. also, the HDMI output makes the Wii U alot easier to use as i no longer need to find a component or composite connection on a friend's TV to use it. i can lug my computer monitor that has HDMI and speakers along with me now to play games as i do not need to rely on Component anymore. its been forever since i played a Wii Game without sparkles on the Screen. it reminded me of before WC24 partially fried the my Wii's GPU memory via overheating it and it played games sparkle free.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any progress with running burned (wii) backups? What about an optical drive firmware replacement or chip replacement? Seems that a drive mod may be the only way to run backups without N banhammer.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, even given the worst case scenario (Nintendo running a check on the vWii NAND at boot for any unknown titleIDs installed and then reporting back), once we hit full wii parity, you'll be able to just run a game exploit every boot and then run homebrew or a backup loader off the SD card without installing to the NAND at all using SNEEK..

at least I think you should. can SNEEK run without installing anything to the NAND, or at least only while active?

As for a WODEU, I think you'd have to wait for the primary U-Mode to get hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉