Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Weeman89

Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't installing a different IOS for the vWii enable the drive to read at least regular Wii discs? Or is the drive completely different like that?

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't installing a different IOS for the vWii enable the drive to read at least regular Wii discs? Or is the drive completely different like that?

The drive can already read legitimate Wii discs. Additionally, the drive IS different and as such, commands for accessing the drive are different. Replacing the IOS to send previously valid commands to the drive would most likely not work.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I saw that, thanks for sharing though. I recall c4eva's work on the 360--FAMOUS with that scene. I stopped tracking it when I traded my 360 for the Wii U. The guy REALLY wanted an RGH slim and had two Wii U so lucky me;-) Not sure if he worked on the PS3 either (almost certain he has though). One thing I was thinking about also was with the Wii U firmware, if the drives would take like the "Kamikaze" drilling crap some 360 drives took. With USB drives and backups, will anyone even use their drives other than to back up games?

--Anyone know the make/brand, "Model" of the Wii U drives? Anyone start logging brands/models if they vary? I tried to search but could not find anything on this and have not wanted to take my Wii U apart until hack is done and if that is needed.

"The inside is dominated by the optical drive provided by Panasonic."

Model#RD-DKL034-ND

SOURCE
SOURCE 2

IMG_8548.JPG

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you was wanting to know the model/ detail of the drive you can read .
That also but firmware would say a lot about disc security, right? Then, to backup games, maybe that firmware needs tweaked;-). I don't have those abilities so I wanted to ask if others knew of anything there. Other than Marcan's pics with gecko, I've seen no updates on that end.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
well thats assuming that marcan etc are aiming toward "backups" of which im fairly sure thay are not , so i would imagine it would be very low on their priority list , as to run homebrew that wouldnt be a major concern , maybe other not so morally bothered may look but if your expecting it from f0f i would expect a long wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.