Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well granted some games would lose functionality , but generally you could , not all games , in fact not many really really use the sensor bar and you can navigate a wii screen without pointing at it.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't worry, we all see that you have taken to personally bothering him about his work now on twitter. what do you hope to achieve by having his "exploits?"

i mean really, there hasn't even been any Wii U game disc dumps yet...

as far as i know, most, if not all homebrew working on wii, is working on vWii...

i just don't really see you writing any applications for an "opened" wii u console which is why i cannot, as well as others, understand why you are so adamant about it being released immediately...

Reactions: beano311

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ray your post makes little or no sense . What ?

Ray would you explain what you intend to do with your wiiu (aside from sell it ) if marcan / f0f give you privvy to their work ?

Im cofused , your going to ???

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could you conceivably use a Wii Remote while playing a Wii game on the Wii U GamePad? You'd have to set a sensor bar up and step back 6 feet from a 5 inch screen! It wouldn't be practical!

Quite to the contrary, the WiiU Gamepad has a sensor bar built in at the top around the camera. You wouldn't need a second sensor bar. This supports the functionality that was shown in the demo videos, like the Golf game where the gamepad has the ball and you swing your wiimote like a club over top of it, and the alignment between the wiimote and the gamepad determine the angle from which you hit the ball.

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How could you conceivably use a Wii Remote while playing a Wii game on the Wii U GamePad? You'd have to set a sensor bar up and step back 6 feet from a 5 inch screen! It wouldn't be practical!
Ofcourse the Wii U Gamepad should replace the WiiMote in the supported games, but just like pwsincd said...just a small number of games I can think of cannot replace the WiiMote sensors with the gamepad sensors. After all the gamepad has a lot more technology inside it than a simple WiiMote, including speakers, rumble, more axis for motions sensing and more buttons.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/attachment.php?aid=1673

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ofcourse the Wii U Gamepad should replace the WiiMote in the supported games, but just like pwsincd said...just a small number of games I can think of cannot replace the WiiMote sensors with the gamepad sensors. After all the gamepad has a lot more technology inside it than a simple WiiMote, including speakers, rumble, more axis for motions sensing and more buttons.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/attachment.php?aid=1673
There are a lot of games that simply using the touch screen would be enough to replace the pointer's functionality.

Reactions: pelago

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, guys, i've been away for the last few days. Anything big happen recently that I need to update the OP with?

Sandvich1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Does this allow for the running of pirates Wii U games?
2) Should I buy a Wii U now to prevent Nintendo from patching this, or will this exploit always be available?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
1) Does this allow for the running of pirates Wii U games?
Nope, and even the part that might EVENTUALLY help someone figure out how to do that isn't released yet. (that's the Wii U mode hacks. The Wii mode hacks or "vWii" hacks are just basically the same old hacks for a normal Wii and you can do just about all the same things with them .. with a few exceptions)
2) Should I buy a Wii U now to prevent Nintendo from patching this, or will this exploit always be available?
Because the Wii U mode exploit is not released yet Nintendo doesn't know exactly where it is so the chances of them ACCIDENTALLY fixing it in some future update is next to none. You can be safe waiting at least until they release the exploit. It won't be until AFTER that point that they can make any attempts to fix it.
As for the vWii side hacks, I suppose they can always try to block those at any point but it that's all you're interested in you could always buy a normal Wii when and if they ever do block it on the Wii U.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
So as it says on the first page, VC/WW wads are able to be installed... I'm presuming that the same standard MB/memory/block limit of the original Wii's NAND is the same, right?
Oh, and has anyone found any compatibility issues with VC/WW on vWii or is it actually the same as the Wii's?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So as it says on the first page, VC/WW wads are able to be installed... I'm presuming that the same standard MB/memory/block limit of the original Wii's NAND is the same, right?
Oh, and has anyone found any compatibility issues with VC/WW on vWii or is it actually the same as the Wii's?

Same as the wii, as far as wiiware and virtual console titles are concerned. Same 512MB NAND, too.

Reactions: d.d.d.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The end of the Forum, this is the last section you can find in GBATemp forum. A "free to post" section where users post random crap and feel happy. A place to keep other places clean from picture replies or 4chan memes.

Reactions: air2004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol