Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew' started by muskieratboi, Dec 9, 2012.

Dec 9, 2012

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Message Count:
    United States
    No wonder it looks worse running said emulator on the Wii. I'll stick with the real Wii thank you, at least until someone can port an emulator for the Wii U, but who knows how the actual hack stands.
    <snip>
    Last edited by raulpica, Dec 31, 2012. Reason: Removin' quote -rp

• Newcomer

PnP Bios Don't like my post? GOOD!

Message Count:
    United States
    @the_randomizer: Dude, just run your Wii-U in 480p, it will look exactly the same as on the Wii. Your assertion that the Wii is somehow graphically superior is flawed.

Message Count:
    United States
    No, then games like Assassin's Creed 3 will look like utter garbage, I'll just delete the homebrew channel and play it on the older Wii instead. What I meant to say it looks cleaner on the Wii and not blurry (not higher res, just cleaner), neither does it have the weird interlacing issue with certain games when they use the strobe effect. Snes games were in 240p, and they looked fine in 480p, but when the vWii upscales them, that's when they get visual anomalies, so I'll delete from the Wii U. I'd hate to think what transferred VC games look like.
    Last edited by the_randomizer, Dec 31, 2012
  1. Ray Lewis
    This message by Ray Lewis has been removed from public view by raulpica, Dec 31, 2012, Reason: Off-topic crap -rp.
    Dec 31, 2012
  2. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Dec 31, 2012, Reason: Off-topic crap -rp.
    Dec 31, 2012
  3. Ray Lewis
    This message by Ray Lewis has been removed from public view by raulpica, Dec 31, 2012, Reason: Off-topic crap -rp.
    Dec 31, 2012
  4. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Dec 31, 2012, Reason: Off-topic crap -rp.
    Dec 31, 2012

Obveron New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    So you'd rather switch console everytime you want to play an emulator/Assasins Creed 3, than change display output mode on Wii-u between 480p/1080p everytime you want to play an emulator/Assassins Creed 3?

I get why you're spamming your complaint, you want the hacker-emulator-developers out there to fix the way emulators look in 1080p on the vWii. Well guess what?... they'll update their emulators when they damn well please and your negativity won't speed up the process.
    Last edited by Obveron, Jan 1, 2013
    megazig likes this.
    • Newcomer

OrgaMecha4253 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I dunno but it might be your cables, looks fine with HDMI or component

Message Count:
    United States
    Ever played a VC Snes game on anything above 480p? Those games (at least Snes, NES, Genesis, etc) were encoded at their native 240p resolution, most HDTVs don't support that (but some do) and when they're beyond 240p, they lose their natural filtering, so therefore, they look like crap. Only emulators can provide filtering to those who don't have a CRT or LCD with 240p. Anyone will tell you that VC games look like crap when played at anything but their native resolution.
    • Newcomer

OrgaMecha4253 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I have both a CRT and LED up to 1080p, must just be something I'm not noticing.

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Lessons learned, re-refocus. Cannot delete so forgive the edit:-)
    Last edited by Ray Lewis, Jan 16, 2013
    • Newcomer

FISHERMAN New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    Just got a present..a wii u basic white 8gb. I read fast forums..i only have original Zelda twillight for wii (which i sold a week ago) can i use the twillight hack? or i have to search for lego batman,smash brawl... my wii u fw is 2.0.1E. I have not connect it to the internet yet. Should i connect it and make any update? thankssssssssssssssss and happy new year !
    • Newcomer

joeatcre New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    twilight hack doesnt work you can find lego star wars or lego batman or indiana jones on ebay for around 10 bucks. all those work to install.
    • Newcomer

FISHERMAN New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    Thanks man !! I just needed 100% verification..

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Lessons learned, re-refocus. Cannot delete so forgive the edit:-)
    Last edited by Ray Lewis, Jan 16, 2013

Message Count:
    United States
    So does Dawn of the New World; the hack works just fine.

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Who knows if updating is wise, but on the other side, there is an exploit i heard, it's just not public, and as long as it isn't public, it is probably safe to update the WiiU, most updates now are bugfixes and extra's anyways.

For a list of working known exploits for wii mode look here -->> http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode
    • Newcomer

FISHERMAN New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    guys you are trully awesome...i hope in about 20minutes the update finishes..now trying to borrow or buy a game from the above. Thanks. Happy new year!
    • Newcomer

superthorn96 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm guessing there's no method to playing gamecube backups, right?

driverdis Searching for N

Message Count:
    United States
    Until Devolution comes out with vWii compatibility(which may be never as there is no accurate way to do the AntiPiracy check if the drive cannot read originals) , No.
    • Newcomer

Ampli New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Followed the procedure and work #1 at first try!! ext power 300gb western digital hdd and every games (135) load fine via usb loader (r1207_IOS250 version) ;o) THANKS!!
    Last edited by Ampli, Jan 2, 2013

Etkar.H New Member

Message Count:
    Norway
    I'm confused here. I know that the vWii is hacked, but the fail0verflow picture shows the GamePad... Has the Wii U mode also been hacked?
    • Newcomer

OrgaMecha4253 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom

SPONSORED LINKS