Hacking HACKING FAQ: How to hack a dual BC PS3 Solderless?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just recently acquired a wonderful BC MGS bundle PS3 (eat your heart out Sony)
however like a dumbass I played on the same profile as the previous individual so my trophies and protected saves are locked on an ID that's not mine. (heavy rain and Syndicate saves) this is one of the many reasons why I would like to hack it. (And homebrew and emulators ) My question is, how is the easiest way to do this?...I know there is proskeet and others, but I also heard there is a solderless one?. I created my own Pandora Battery for my PSP...but this is a PS3 we are talking about ..let alone a dual BC one..a little more expensive to replace :P ..I don't see any YouTube tutorials in regards to this or any visual aids anywhere. I know the hack is pretty much downgrading the PS3 to an earlier exploitable version

my PS3 as stated before is the BC model, compatible with PS1 AND PS2 :D so it's the NAND model.

any advice I would greatly appreciate :)

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can just rename the existing ID name and move on. There is no need for hacking.

There is no solderless solution for NAND model. You have to solder couple wires even if you use NAND clip.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can just rename the existing ID name and move on. There is no need for hacking.

There is no solderless solution for NAND model. You have to solder couple wires even if you use NAND clip.

seriously?..what about protected data? that I can't move?

can I rename the non-protected save data?

it says the solderless ProSkeet can be used with NAND..right? http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Hardware_flashing

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What protected data? What do you mean rename protected save data?

Again, when it says solderless that only means you don't have to solder 10+ wires to the NAND chip. You still have to solder couple wires to power the flasher. There is no 100% solderless solution, it is just that with NAND clip you solder far less wires. You will need 2 clips as there are two NAND chips.

If you don't want to learn on soldering go look for someone that offers NAND downgrade and pay he/she a fee.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What protected data? What do you mean rename protected save data?

Again, when it says solderless that only means you don't have to solder 10+ wires to the NAND chip. You still have to solder couple wires to power the flasher. There is no 100% solderless solution, it is just that with NAND clip you solder far less wires. You will need 2 clips as there are two NAND chips.

If you don't want to learn on soldering go look for someone that offers NAND downgrade and pay he/she a fee.

Okay so it just means i have to solder 2 wires instead of 10+.

gotcha, so about the protected save data, i mean save data that cannot be copied to an sd card, and thus,.cannot be renamed, like heavy rain

I also transferred the save data that was unprotected from the sd card to my new profile and it says the save data was not created by you and cannot load (GTA IV, red dead redemption)

can i just rename the unprotected save data to fit my new id?

And how difficult is this soldering job?... Any videos?.. I'm a very fast learner, i also created my own Pandora battery for my psp as stated previously

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so it just means i have to solder 2 wires instead of 10+.

gotcha, so about the protected save data, i mean save data that cannot be copied to an sd card, and thus,.cannot be renamed, like heavy rain

I also transferred the save data that was unprotected from the sd card to my new profile and it says the save data was not created by you and cannot load (GTA IV, red dead redemption)

can i just rename the unprotected save data to fit my new id?

And how difficult is this soldering job?... Any videos?.. I'm a very fast learner, i also created my own Pandora battery for my psp as stated previously
bought a hacked PS3. problem solved.

now I need a dongle to re-marry this pre-unmarried BD drive :)

- Closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you should get VR then