Hacking Hacking DSi 2015?

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the nand dumped just need a place to mount my port. Anyone got any ideas where to mount a micro usb port for external access? I know people say micro usb is asking for trouble but it's what i had left over from when i did my 2 3ds xls.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well, at least it's not centuries. And what doesn't have hardware AES these days?
What's CID? Chip ID? As long as you have a "real" card reader you should be able to get it.

Oh and what's TAD?
It's the .bin file saved to your sd card when you export a DS title. It contains the srl (nds), the save, and other things. This is the file dsiwarehax injects a hacked save into and where dsi_srl_extract.exe rips the .srl from.

http://dsibrew.org/wiki/Tad

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the nand dumped just need a place to mount my port. Anyone got any ideas where to mount a micro usb port for external access? I know people say micro usb is asking for trouble but it's what i had left over from when i did my 2 3ds xls.
I personally cut out the keychain hook and used that space.

Also a quick reminder that I recommend getting one of the DSiWare games marked as currently exploitable. Sudoku is downgradable, but that path is really warezy and unnecessary given there's plenty of other exploitable titles. I personally won't be doing a writeup on downgrading it as it's just not necessary.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Also a quick reminder that I recommend getting one of the DSiWare games marked as currently exploitable. Sudoku is downgradable, but that path is really warezy and unnecessary given there's plenty of other exploitable titles. I personally won't be doing a writeup on downgrading it as it's just not necessary.
Out of the two remaining titles*, exidia and fieldrunners, I can tell everyone the fieldrunners is more convenient to trigger dsihax and, better yet, it's $3 cheaper. (fieldrunners $5, exidia $8, sudoku $2)

*Guitar Rock Tour is no longer available but is useable if you already have it of course.

Now it has to be said, sudoku is the cheapest at $2. However, as stated above, it could be more trouble to get working with no official wulfy support.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: WhoAmI?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of the two remaining titles*, exidia and fieldrunners, I can tell everyone the fieldrunners is more convenient to trigger dsihax and, better yet, it's $3 cheaper. (fieldrunners $5, exidia $8, sudoku $2)

*Guitar Rock Tour is no longer available but is useable if you already have it of course.

Now it has to be said, sudoku is the cheapest at $2. However, as stated above, it could be more trouble to get working with no official wulfy support.
Considering the least amount of DSi points you can buy is 1000, with either a credit card or points card, you'd might as well just get both anyway.
@WulfyStylez you should include a quick writeup for doing it anyway, so those of us who want to, can. Plus, it's not warezy if you own it. ;)

Also, quick question. Do we actually need to write the NAND backup back to the DSi, or is having the backup and backed-up game all we need to inject everything? Just wondering, as if we don't need to write anything back via hard-mod, then I'll go ahead and backup my new DSi and DSi XL instead of waiting for the JST headers to come in, or a release, ha ha

Last edited by Gadorach,
Reactions: zoogie

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah i was thinking about using the wrist strap slot, just didn't want to cut it out and realise there was something better haha. Just to double check the consoles fw doesn't matter right? Mines on 1.4.5E, i have another console on 1.2 i think but that's in better condition than the one i'm using as a test.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i was thinking about using the wrist strap slot, just didn't want to cut it out and realise there was something better haha. Just to double check the consoles fw doesn't matter right? Mines on 1.4.5E, i have another console on 1.2 i think but that's in better condition than the one i'm using as a test.
For the XL, there space under the battery door to put in a micro-JST connector, but for the original DSi, it's pretty much either the strap hole, or cutting a spot in the front of the case, like the O3DS method, as there's no room under the battery door.

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the XL, there space under the battery door to put in a micro-JST connector, but for the original DSi, it's pretty much either the strap hole, or cutting a spot in the front of the case, like the O3DS method, as there's no room under the battery door.
Yeah mines the original dsi. All done now works perfect with the same micro usb to sd card cable i made for the 3ds xl. One thing to note though is that one of the sd readers i use for my 3ds doesn't work on the dsi.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I have my Visa Debit, so I might as well go and update to 1.4.5 and get the DSiWare that can be hacked.

I'm just deciding if I really want to update. I'm on 1.4 so I have cookhack, but I could update to the newest FW and use this haxx.

Edit: Then again, I could get a copy of The Biggest Loser and still have haxx so...

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I have my Visa Debit, so I might as well go and update to 1.4.5 and get the DSiWare that can be hacked.

I'm just deciding if I really want to update. I'm on 1.4 so I have cookhack, but I could update to the newest FW and use this haxx.

Edit: Then again, I could get a copy of The Biggest Loser and still have haxx so...
Once this set of hacks come out, you can just downgrade the necessary titles to re-enable anything you want really, including common-key signed saves, by downgrading the System Settings app. I figure this will spawn a sort of Hybrid Firmware for the console, where you can be on the "latest" firmware and access the DSi Shop, but also use any flashcart, hack, or exploit all at the same time. I wonder if it's possible to patch the DSi to boot the card-slot in DSi mode regardless of DSi content too...

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some pics of my completed nand mod.
f0my6numj
f0NJLyaYj
eyfqfwBnj

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So which is the best/cheapest exploit game to use for this. I keep hearing biggest loser, isn't that a physical cart game? Can get that for about £2 if i'm looking at the right one.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So which is the best/cheapest exploit game to use for this. I keep hearing biggest loser, isn't that a physical cart game? Can get that for about £2 if i'm looking at the right one.
You need NAND access from what I can tell, so you'll need an DSi Shop game. I'm in the midst of updating so I can grab them from the shop while they're still there.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cart game is for getting your CID and NAND backup, from what I've seen so far. You'll want SUDOKU or Fieldrunners from the DSi shop (or both) for the complete experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse