Hacking Hacking a PSP

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
i already read the FAQ but i still dont understand everything ... could you guys send me your msn via PM so we could talk about this easier?
What don't you understand?

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
sorry for double post:

1st of all... i didnt quite understand the last bit of you 2 talking...

so... after all, if i get a 3000, how can it full brick? what are the chances of it happening?

what is that HEN or something like that?

what are de 9g 3000?

and duskye ive sent you my msn via PM, send me yours too or add me
smile.gif

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
wow... i dont see where the problem could be, but okay... i though you could help me... my mother laguange isn't english... and i wanna know more things...

like the bricks...

the chances of them occuring... semi and full... and if is there anyway to recover from a semi brick and/or a full brick on a PSP 3000...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I already told you there's NO full brick recovery on a 3000. Sony nixed it because they don't want you to fix it. They want you to have to send it back to them if it bricks, so they can fix it and send it back with the latest unhackable firmware.

Full-brick will only happen if you purposely go in and fuck up the PSP, or if you cut the power while it's updating. Always update/hack it with the power charger plugged in.

A semi-brick might happen during the install, but you can undo that in various ways by pressing certain button combinations while it boots to fix certain things.
QUOTE said:
Pressing R while booting loads the recovery.
Pressing Select while booting loads OFW.
When applying the Permanent Patch, choose X on first question and O on second to install, two times X only tests whether your device is compatible with our Permanent Bootloader.
Should you manage to brick yourself, try pressing O+X+Select+Start while turning your PSP on. It will trigger a emergency uninstall.

In addition when doing an install there's a TEST mode so you can TEST to see if it works without damaging your PSP.

If you're still scared, don't hack your PSP.

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
well, i might be getting a psp for my birthday on the 6th august, but i might hack my aunt's friend psp before... and i dont wanna screw it because well.. its not mine xD but i think its a 2000, one of the 1st ones, so there should be no problem?

and well, i'm a little scared, but i think i can do it with the help from guys like you and like the other 2 that helped me so far...

so i should use the TEST mode 1st, and only after that fully install it?

and i install the cfw with the charged cable on the psp (powering it) plus the battery, because even if the charger failes or whatsoever, the psp will still be on with the battery?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The first ones are the 1000s, the fat ones. There's info on telling which PSP model you have in the FAQ.

Yes, use the test mode. If it reboots properly and you can press Select to access a menu, then the full hack will work on your model.

And yes, do it with both the battery and charger to be safe.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
MaxNuker said:
well, when i get my aunt friends psp ( if she still wants me to hack ) i'll post here again and when i get mine i'll post here too xD
Or how about reading the FAQ next time so there is no need for all this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...