Hacking hacked ps3 need anwsners quickly

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got my used PS3 today, it is hacked and has Rebug 4.80 on it. It also has Multiman. But i had a few questions:

How do i put games on the PS3? (I connected the PS3 to my wireless network. I also have a Ethernet cable if nessisary.)

It currently has 88 out of 111gb free. Can i format the system without losing the CFW?

Can i safely remove old profiles?

Can(how) i go online?

The system has Automatic Updates on. It has a golden Dpad before it. Should I turn it off?

Gazra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my used PS3 today, it is hacked and has Rebug 4.80 on it. It also has Multiman. But i had a few questions:

How do i put games on the PS3? (I connected the PS3 to my wireless network. I also have a Ethernet cable if nessisary.)

It currently has 88 out of 111gb free. Can i format the system without losing the CFW?

Can i safely remove old profiles?

Can(how) i go online?

The system has Automatic Updates on. It has a golden Dpad before it. Should I turn it off?

To put games onto the PS3 you can either FTP them to the internal HDD or use a external USB device to have the games on that way.

Either way if you intend to FTP them you need to make a GAMES folder on the internal HDD in the dev0/ part of the HDD. If you are using a external device then make a GAMES folder in the root of the USB and place the games in there (remember to keep the structure of the games intact)

You can format the system at any point and retain your CFW just remember to NOT update online and always use a USB with your current CFW on just remember to REMOVE any game that is the drive before starting a format so it does not update itself from the update on the disc instead.

Yes you can remove old profiles if you do not want access to any games that may have been downloaded with them. There is no risk there.

You can go online by either A) spoofing the CFW to the latest FW version (if you are on DEX you will need to change the EID to CEX) so basically search for a spoofer and sign in however you should use something like PSN patch to spoof and disable CFW syscalls as that generally helps in reducing the risk of a ban or B) updating to the latest CFW that is available that matches the current OFW.

Here is a thread on that.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-for-safely-psn-access-on-ps3-cfw-unban.350243/

You do not need to turn automatic updates off that is only for the game updates the PS3 will not update itself unless you start an update however I never have it on so I would recommend turning it off. If by golden + you mean PS+ then you need to actually have a subscription for it active otherwise it will not do anything.

Here is what the automatic updates actually do from the Playstation website.

You can select automatic updating operations for the following items.

• Download content items purchased with other devices
  • Download the latest system software
  • Download game patches
  • Download recommended games and videos*
  • Sync trophy information with the server
It may download the update but it will not install said update.

Last edited by Gazra,
Reactions: osaka35

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Can you specify on ''You can format the system at any point and retain your CFW just remember to NOT update online and always use a USB with your current CFW on.''

I need an USB with the current highest CFW? I have Rebug 4.80. Is that the latest?
About spoofing, how do i do that, and again, am i on the highest FW atm?

How do i make a folder called GAMES? And how do i FTP?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can turn on a ftp server on in multiman settings. Then a quick way to see your ip address is to cycle through the layout options using L1 R 1 (or might be L2 R2, can't remember), you will see your ip address written at the bottom on some of them.

Now you simply ftp from any pc on the same network using filezilla or similar

Gazra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you specify on ''You can format the system at any point and retain your CFW just remember to NOT update online and always use a USB with your current CFW on.''

I need an USB with the current highest CFW? I have Rebug 4.80. Is that the latest?
About spoofing, how do i do that, and again, am i on the highest FW atm?

How do i make a folder called GAMES? And how do i FTP?

Sure so when you asked if you could format the answer is yes you can.

All you need to do is simply go to the settings and choose format (if you go for the quick format I believe the CFW will remain and it will only remove the profiles and data where as if you choose a full system restore then you will need a copy of the CFW that you were using or a higher one to install once the format is completed)

To do this you simply need a USB with roughly 500mb of space and have it self up like so.

X:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Remember that the X:/ corresponds to your USB drive and PS3UPDAT.PUP is the CFW and not any official firmware.

You are on Rebug 4.80.1 so that means that you are on the highest Rebug CFW and one that does not need to be spoofed to go online so you can pretty much go straight ahead and sign in so long as you have a CID (console ID) that works or the one that is on the console is not banned.

As of the moment there is no need for you to spoof until a new OFW comes out so until then you are good.

Ok so I assume that you are not going to be using a external drive for storing your games so FTP is going to be the only other way (besides burning copies of games) to store them on the PS3 so to FTP a few things.

First of all you need a FTP client and the latest MultiMan although I think that you will not need it.

1. Plug your Ethernet cable into the BOX or router in the port RJ45 (regardless of your model).
  2. Install Multiman (link above) if you don’t have it installed or update from your PS3 in Multiman => Update.
  3. Go to SETTINGS and then NETWORK SETTINGS.
  4. Then in Internet connection, activate the internet connection.
  5. Go to the Games in XMB, and then launch Multiman.
  6. Go to SETTINGS.
  7. Press the triangle button.
  8. A menu will appear on your right, click on Advanced Settings.
  9. Look at the bottom, and take note of your IP address : “PS3 IP”
  10. Return in Multiman, then Settings and then FTP service.
  11. Select at the bottom “Avtivate (No Timeout)”.
  12. Go to your PC and open Filezilla. Enter the IP address of your PS3 in Filezilla top left, in “host” then click on “Quick Connect” on the right. You can access now the hard drive of your PS3.
If that does not work, check in Filezilla / Edit / Settings / Connection / FTP / Transfer Mode, and check the box “Activate”.

In Filezilla, you can see :

filezilla-multiman.png

• On the left : your PC (Local site).
  • On the right : your ps3 (Remote Site).
  • You want to go into the dev_hdd0 folder by double clicking on it and right clicking in the foldr and creating a folder called "GAMES" without the quotations.
  • Drag / drop from the left to the right folder on your Backup, eg BLESXXXXX or BLUSXXXXX DRAG ——> INSERT (this will work not only for games but also for any kind of file).
  • The transfer is being done, wait …
  • You can disconnect your PS3 now

Should you find the text a little to annoying here is a YouTube video showing you how to do it.

Last edited by Gazra,
Reactions: TerryG and osaka35

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Well i suppose Worse cache scenario, im getting banned for going online. So i doubt it would affect much, right?
?
If you have any games purchased through the PSN account you use with your hacked PS3, they'd all go away. Other than that, it would just render your account useless, so I guess it potentially wouldn't affect much.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure so when you asked if you could format the answer is yes you can.

All you need to do is simply go to the settings and choose format (if you go for the quick format I believe the CFW will remain and it will only remove the profiles and data where as if you choose a full system restore then you will need a copy of the CFW that you were using or a higher one to install once the format is completed)

To do this you simply need a USB with roughly 500mb of space and have it self up like so.

X:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Remember that the X:/ corresponds to your USB drive and PS3UPDAT.PUP is the CFW and not any official firmware.

You are on Rebug 4.80.1 so that means that you are on the highest Rebug CFW and one that does not need to be spoofed to go online so you can pretty much go straight ahead and sign in so long as you have a CID (console ID) that works or the one that is on the console is not banned.

As of the moment there is no need for you to spoof until a new OFW comes out so until then you are good.

Ok so I assume that you are not going to be using a external drive for storing your games so FTP is going to be the only other way (besides burning copies of games) to store them on the PS3 so to FTP a few things.

First of all you need a FTP client and the latest MultiMan although I think that you will not need it.

1. Plug your Ethernet cable into the BOX or router in the port RJ45 (regardless of your model).
  2. Install Multiman (link above) if you don’t have it installed or update from your PS3 in Multiman => Update.
  3. Go to SETTINGS and then NETWORK SETTINGS.
  4. Then in Internet connection, activate the internet connection.
  5. Go to the Games in XMB, and then launch Multiman.
  6. Go to SETTINGS.
  7. Press the triangle button.
  8. A menu will appear on your right, click on Advanced Settings.
  9. Look at the bottom, and take note of your IP address : “PS3 IP”
  10. Return in Multiman, then Settings and then FTP service.
  11. Select at the bottom “Avtivate (No Timeout)”.
  12. Go to your PC and open Filezilla. Enter the IP address of your PS3 in Filezilla top left, in “host” then click on “Quick Connect” on the right. You can access now the hard drive of your PS3.
If that does not work, check in Filezilla / Edit / Settings / Connection / FTP / Transfer Mode, and check the box “Activate”.

In Filezilla, you can see :

filezilla-multiman.png

• On the left : your PC (Local site).
  • On the right : your ps3 (Remote Site).
  • You want to go into the dev_hdd0 folder by double clicking on it and right clicking in the foldr and creating a folder called "GAMES" without the quotations.
  • Drag / drop from the left to the right folder on your Backup, eg BLESXXXXX or BLUSXXXXX DRAG ——> INSERT (this will work not only for games but also for any kind of file).
  • The transfer is being done, wait …
  • You can disconnect your PS3 now

Should you find the text a little to annoying here is a YouTube video showing you how to do it.

Slight problem. I cannot put my Ethernet cable into my Router. Since its pretty far away. Is it possible to do wireless? I kinda thought / hoped that i would had to put the cable in my PC and PS3

Last edited by Dotmore,

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Or turn on webman and play your games that are stored on PC via its FTP

For minimal ban risk:-
Go into rebug toolbox
Second Column from the left
Turn on rebug mode
Turn on webman
Turn on cobra
Exit
System will restart
Delete rebug toolbox it's not needed anymore
Install psnpatch (get it from brewology)
Run psn patch
Press [select] button
Press [up] on the right hand side d pad
Press [start] button
Now your set up.
So to play online
Go into webman and load a backup game that you have on external HDD or internal HDD or network
Come out of the webman folder and you will see your backup game loaded as if you just put a genuine game disk in
(You can instead put a game disk in if you want to play a game from disc)
Now run psnpatch
Press [triangle] button
You can now sign in

Psn patch has just deleted your history (it has psninja built into it as it's made by the same dev) and it's turned of your cfw syscalls
The backup disc icon still works.

Now this still is not enough for some games
Eg gtav COD etc
You need antiban eboot for these games
So Google your game name and antiban eboot
Eg
Gtav antiban eboot
If you get a result on ngu (next gen update) then the game needs one
So get it from ngu and follow the instructions on the site of how to install it
And this is for both backup games and genuine disc games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Slight problem. I cannot put my Ethernet cable into my Router. Since its pretty far away. Is it possible to do wireless? I kinda thought / hoped that i would had to put the cable in my PC and PS3
Yes you put the cable into your PS3 one end and PC the other
The PC will cope with the crossover.
Or you can use wifi
Just know it's really really slow to transfer games to internal your much better off with a large external HDD and use ntfs format put a folder on it caller PS3ISO and convert your games to ISO with the tool PS3ISO it can be found on brewology or Aldo's has the latest version in irisman
Games go on an external so much faster and webman plays them just fine from there
It's just psn and ps2 games that need to be on the internal
And there is a tool that will now transfer most of the psn games to external as well now to help save internal space

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes you put the cable into your PS3 one end and PC the other
The PC will cope with the crossover.
Or you can use wifi
Just know it's really really slow to transfer games to internal your much better off with a large external HDD and use ntfs format put a folder on it caller PS3ISO and convert your games to ISO with the tool PS3ISO it can be found on brewology or Aldo's has the latest version in irisman
Games go on an external so much faster and webman plays them just fine from there
It's just psn and ps2 games that need to be on the internal
And there is a tool that will now transfer most of the psn games to external as well now to help save internal space

is transfering via Cable quicker than wireless? Also, i tried moving a game folder (the one in the picture ) to GAMES, but it gave an error that a file with that name already excists.

And how would Filezilla detect my cable if its connected wireless?

Last edited by Dotmore,

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
is transfering via Cable quicker than wireless? Also, i tried moving a game folder (the one in the picture ) to GAMES, but it gave an error that a file with that name already excists.

And how would Filezilla detect my cable if its connected wireless?
The PS3 chokes it's own network speed
This is something to do with the online game play.
Wifi is slower than LAN by design
You can always take a read of webman release notes so you can play the games direct from PC

The games
Rename your folders to
game name[bles12345]
It will make finding your game folders easer when you get a few
Inside that folder you will see 2 folders
PS3_GAME
PS3_UPDATE <delete this one
If you don't then the folder structure is wrong

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So l
The PS3 chokes it's own network speed
This is something to do with the online game play.
Wifi is slower than LAN by design
You can always take a read of webman release notes so you can play the games direct from PC

The games
Rename your folders to
game name[bles12345]
It will make finding your game folders easer when you get a few
Inside that folder you will see 2 folders
PS3_GAME
PS3_UPDATE <delete this one
If you don't then the folder structure is wrong

So like this?

upload_2016-9-27_21-18-17.png

upload_2016-9-27_21-18-36.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

still not sure in which place they need to go on Internal HD

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Put the bles01658 part into brackets
[bles01658]
This is the recommended way by deank and Aldo's
The file structure is then fine

Put the game into
dev_hdd0
GAMES or GAME or GAMEZ
And multiman webman & irisman will all find the games in them folders
If you convert your games into ISO then put them in
dev_hdd0
PS3ISO

Last edited by baileyscream,

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Put the bles01658 part into brackets
[bles01658]
This is the recommended way by deank and Aldo's
The file structure is then fine

Put the game into
dev_hdd0
GAMES or GAME or GAMEZ
And multiman webman & irisman will all find the games in them folders
If you convert your games into ISO then put them in
dev_hdd0
PS3ISO

Thanks. Starting to get really anoyed right about now though, since 4 transfers are marked as failed.

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Should get 20 games on that
Will get more if you format it to ntfs instead of fat32 and convert your games into iso's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played