Hack every PSP (up to Firmware 6.60)

Discussion in 'PSP - Tutorials & FAQs' started by hunter291, May 2, 2011.

May 2, 2011
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    thanks zygie and everyone here for the help...

i guess to take it one step futher one can always upgrade from 6.20 ==> 6.30 and downgrade to be 100% sure...or maybe i could just update to 6.39 and install the cfw then....

but can anyways tell me if i should stick with 6.20 and not upgrade?

zygie New Member

Message Count:
    Philippines
    Everyone says there's no problem with 6.20 perma on the Go. Games run just as fine as on 6.39, as well as pro cfw features themselves, and you don't have to run the FastRecovery every time you shut down your PSP. You'll miss out on Qriocity (came with a later OFW,) but do you use that?

If not, then for practicality's sake, go 6.20 perma. As long as your PSP meets the requirements, and you're careful about the procedure, you'll be fine.
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    hey thanks for the advice there..will try to upgrade and re mod the psp go when i get it later on today...

just wanted to ask another question to uninstall pro b ..what does one have to do say if a future update from the pro series is out...is it as simple as clicking the pro b icon in the xmb?? and going about the uninstall??

thanks everyone

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Run the PRO-B icon and press triangle to uninstall it (it'll uninstall the permanent patch as well), then run the installer for the new version and the new permanent patch and have fun.

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Message Count:
    Japan
    I am wondering if I should upgrade to 6.39 ME to play the new Final Fantasy Type-0 demo that going to be released to today. I am currently on 5.50 Prom-4 and have a PSP 1001.
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    another question i am confused about the downgrading procedure...so you download the downgrade file in it there is a psp folder once you extract it...you put that on your psp overwriting the existing psp folder?....where does the ofw 6.20 go when you download it?..do you put it in the folder that you just overwritten?

update: i think i understand now ...so i take the ofw and put it in the update folder and then i copy just the downgrade folder to put into the psp/game folder not the whole psp folder that is extracted from the downgrade file as says in the tutorial on page one right?

also, can anyone tell me if the downgrade option is only for which ofw? only 6.30 ? can you say downgrade from 6.35 ==> 6.20??

thanks

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    DOWNGRADE FROM 6.3x TO 6.20/6.35 means you can downgrade from any 6.3x firmware to 6.20 or 6.35. So if you have 6.39, you could downgrade to 6.35. But trust me, it isn't that important [IMG] You have the possibility for the cfw on 6.39 and now even 6.60, so downgrading is only important if you really want it to be installed permanently.

I updated the guide to reflect the newest changes and the new 6.60 PRO-B9
    • Newcomer

RetroVortex New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Okay so I've done something pretty stupid.

So yesterday I bought a used PSP 2000 and today I bricked it.

Well, I think its a semi brick.

What I was doing, stupidly, enough was testing the 6.60 Pro on it.
    It worked well.

The CIPL patch didn't brick it, so I'm certain I have an early slim model.

Then I uninstalled it. Its all going fine.

However, I accidentally launched quick launch after it was uninstalled which has caused it to brick.

(So when you turn it on, the power light stays on for a few secs, then turns itself off)

I'm hoping a Pandora battery will fix it. I've ordered on from amazon just in case.

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Since you didn't have any active CFW a Pandora is your only option. Do you just get a green power light and the backlight on when you power up?
    • Newcomer

RetroVortex New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I don't think the backlight comes on. (May need to double check that)
    But the green light comes on for a few seconds, then turns off.

EDIT: I don't see it come on. And the green light is on for about 15-18 seconds.

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    At this point it doesn't really matter. The only other thing you can do is to remove the battery, leave the PSP for a couple of hours to discharge any internal power, and then try again. If it's still bricked you're going to have to test that Pandora.
    • Newcomer

RetroVortex New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for you help. I'll do exactly that! :D

(I sound like a newb but I had a fat psp before with custom firmware, but it fell in a toilet and its unstable (and the screen is water damaged.. :/)
    • Newcomer

jrronimo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Sorry if this is a well-answered question, but: If I install this CFW, can I still access PSN / play games I've purchased through PSN? Has anyone been banned from PSN after connecting their system with a CFW?

I have a PSP Go that's at 6.60 with no mods whatsoever right now. I also have a PSP-1000 that I think is also at 6.60 and clean; I can always leave one on PSN and one not; I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    PRO lets you play online, bans just for having CFW haven't been done as far as we've seen (but are possible).
    • Newcomer

kevrool New Member

Message Count:
    Israel
    hello, i did everything as you said, i have psp 3000 6.35 model 01g (lol its old i know) and i hacked my psp as you said, step by step. i can see the game (god of war: ghost of sparta) on my game section in the psp (ISO game, not legit game from a psp disc) but when i try to play it, it just turn off my psp, can you tell me if i did something wrong or its the game's problem?
    • Newcomer

toptenmaterial New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi everyone,

I am new here, and joined after reading this tutorial. I currently have a PSP-1001 running 6.39, and am trying to hack it based on this tutorial. I downloaded the stuff for 6.39, and extracted it with Winzip. I ended up with four folders: FastRecovery, sdk, PROUPDATE and CIPL_Flasher. Then, I made a folder called GAME on my desktop, because my PSP does not have a GAME folder. I moved the four folders into the new GAME folder, and with the USB connection, put the GAME folder in my PSP folder (next to two other existing folders). I go to update the firmware, and.... nothing. Could someone please pinpoint what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
    • Newcomer

toptenmaterial New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Nevermind! I got it to work! The issue was that I wasn't going to Games on the memory stick when the PSP was on. Great hack, great guide, thanks!
    • Newcomer

balin453 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I just got a 3001 with 6.60. Just wondering if this will work on the 3001. Thanks.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    This thread's tutorial's outdated it seems.

Use this guide instead.
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp/
    • Newcomer

Iji New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    yo
    I havent hacked my psp yet i have the offical 6.60 firmware and would really like to be able to take screenshots is there a plugin i can use or does the 6.60 pro-b9 come with a screenshot abilaty built in? if not is there one avalible?

SPONSORED LINKS