Hack every PSP (up to Firmware 6.60)

Discussion in 'PSP - Tutorials & FAQs' started by hunter291, May 2, 2011.

May 2, 2011

RoMee ??

Message Count:
    United States
    I've never used LME so I'm not too sure, but I'm pretty sure all PSP 3000 with 6.39 can not use permanent hack, only PSP 1000 and 2000 can be permanently hack on 6.39.
    PSP 3000 can be permanently hack if the motherboard is 05g or less and using 6.20 firmware

your PSP 3000 (since it's on 6.39) should have a LMELauncher, kinda like fast recovery for PRO-B CFW.

It's really up to you if you want to switch, PRO is easier, it's more noob friendly and more people has it so it's easier to get help and trouble shoot.
    But some prefer LME or TN..

If you want to use the module checker, see this video
    [youtube]ATz_qSuCGWA[/youtube]

• Newcomer

Deaga New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Alright, thanks! I'll do some more research and decide which firmware to use.
    • Newcomer

RollingHaro New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I currently have a PSP Go with 6.20 firmware. If I mod it with the current methods here, will I still be able to access the PSN network, let alone be able to play online with that modded PSP? If not, will it work with 6.39 firmware?

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Message Count:
    United States
    you will still be able to go online but certain games need an online pass for online play
    • Newcomer

RollingHaro New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Would you happen to know what those certain games are? Would you risk getting your PSN account banned for going online using a modded PSP?

Also, how does one know if they have a PSP 9g? Specifically regarding a PSP Go?

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    No PSP Go comes with 9g. Only the newest PSP 3000 come with 9g. Every PSP except the newest 3000 can be downgraded to 6.20 if they are on a newer firmware. You can enter the PSN with the newest PRO firmwares, but I am not sure about online playing.

Message Count:
    United States
    psp go are all currently 5gs 9gs are the new 3000s phantasy star modnation racers socom and some others need the pass and no it will not ban you psn acc
    • Newcomer

RollingHaro New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    With the newest PRO firmware? So in that case, I'll have to use the temporary cfw 6.39 then?
    • Newcomer

RollingHaro New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Not sure if it's just me but the links to the custom firmwares in the tutorial aren't available...

Message Count:
    United States
    no what he meant was that with latest pro build for your desirable fw you can go on the psn

edit: here is a working link 6.20 pro b-8
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    HI

just wanted to ask if i am currently on tn-c right now not a permanent mod would i be able to change to pro b8 by just turning off my psp go and deleting the tn-c files and running the pro b8 mod here in the tutorial?

i am currently on 6.20 on the psp go

zygie New Member

Message Count:
    Philippines
    I'm not familiar with TN-C at all, but if TN-C has an uninstall option, then run that first. Then you can follow the PRO tutorial once you're back to 6.20 OFW.

That's the recommended process for updating PRO itself (for example, B7 to B8.) Uninstalling the previous version and installing the new one.

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    ^ What he said. Just make sure you make a clean deinstall of the perma patch. Be sure that you are on the clean 6.20 ofw. When you are sure that you are on 6.20 ofw, just follow my steps for the 6.20 pro-b8 and (if you wish) the permanent patch. Good luck and please report back if everything worked [IMG]
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Hey everyone thanks for the reponses..

but if my current psp go with the 6.20 tn c hasnt been permanently modded meaning if i swtich my current psp go off the cfw will be back to 6.20 ..i dont think ive installed the perma patch to my 6.20 tn c mod

so technically i dont think there is an uninstall feature?

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    ah sorry. I read that you are on a perma mod xD If it is not the case, just turn off your psp completely and you should be back on the 6.20 ofw. Just delete the whole 6.20 tn stuff from your mem stick (in case of any files that could get mixed up, which is unlikely but I don't have the folder names in my mind [IMG]). then just follow the 6.20 route and you should be fine [IMG]
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Hey yeah i figured it was as easy as that lol...

is it just me or is the process to mod the psp using the pro b mods easier to do..ive been looking around on the internet and this guide here is the easiest so far to follow i just modded my brother psp go last nite using this guide and its been great...in fact after modding his psp go lastnite ive decided to pick up a used psp go for myself lol...but the psp go i am getting currently the owner says is running the tn-c mod...but id rather follow this guide here and do it myself...good stuff..

anyways does the pro b mod fully support online play? and if needed would i be able to access the psn network if i wanted to buy games off of it..?

thanks once again for this guide op

hunter291 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    I am not very confident about giving away infos about online support xD I heard from some users that it is possible to go into the PSN with the new PRO-B firmwares, but I don't know anything about the online capabilities of this cfw. I hope someone else has a good answer [IMG] I never played online with my psp's [IMG]

zygie New Member

Message Count:
    Philippines
    In PRO's case, if there's a "temporary hack" installed, it's still in the flash of the system. It's loaded into the RAM when you run a FastRecovery, so it means even if the system reverted back to official FW, the files for the hack are still on the device. That's also why the hack unloads when you shut down your PSP (RAM is cleared.) That's why I asked if there's an uninstall feature for TN, because there might be some files in the NAND flash itself. That's why PRO has to be uninstalled (or the system re-flashed to an official FW) before installing a newer version.

But again, I state, I don't know how TN works at all, if it's installed in flash and has a fast recovery and whatnot. Just giving the heads up.

EDIT: You can access PSN natively on PRO. If you don't want risks, you could restart your PSP first to unload a non-perma hack. Dunno about online play, never tried it. But then again, with the 6.60 OFW out, I've no idea what's running or not anymore.
    • Newcomer

aznblitz New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Hey

thanks for the heads up didnt know this is how things work with these cfw. But say if i re downloaded the ofw 6.20 online and re updated the system with the same firmware would all that stuff in the nand flash be re written to ofw status? then i am free to re install the cfw with a fresh install of the 6.20 ofw? is this how i can get it to work?

zygie New Member

Message Count:
    Philippines
    That's what I heard yes. That's actually what I did with my Go before, some people put a 6.35 CFW on it and removed the uninstaller and I was a noob then, so I just updated to 6.39, overwriting the CFW by an OFW update. Worked fine, I'm on 6.39 PRO-B8 now.

I'm not sure about a 6.20 to 6.20 "update" though, but if it would work then it would re-flash the nand to the official files only.

SPONSORED LINKS