Gaming Gyakuten Saiban 2 - English AND jap ?

Kurumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gyakuten Saiban 2, as sold by Play-Asiahttp://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-phoenix+wright+2-70-1iyq.html

My friend pre-ordered that the other day. She had me look at it and honestly, it looks like a scam to me. Maybe i'm wrong, but i have high doubts on Play-asia, i've seen them lie their way to money quite a few times...

So, i'm asking you all. Have you heard that the jap release of Gyakuten Saiban 2 will indeed be Region free as well as having a language selector between english and jap ?

I really don't want to see her get scammed from a company i already hate >.> so please help me.

BatWinky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, it is regionfree as all ds games are and yes it will have jap and english option so order away
wink.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, its the same as the first DS game. The US/EUR versions don't have a date yet, just Q1.

I recently bought the JPN version of the first game simply because it was the cheapest. Compared it to the english ROM and it seems the same.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep like legendofphil said, the first gyakuten saiban is the same way, it's bilingual. My question is why would you not believe playasia? I've had nothing but good dealings with them and I've never seen them false advertise. Am I missing something here? They've always been known as a good vendor for importing along with liksang.

Kurumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep like legendofphil said, the first gyakuten saiban is the same way, it's bilingual. My question is why would you not believe playasia? I've had nothing but good dealings with them and I've never seen them false advertise. Am I missing something here? They've always been known as a good vendor for importing along with liksang.

Call me crazy if you will, but i've seen ads of them pretending to sell the US version of FF3 DS the day after it came out in jap. And this isn't a typo, i did not mean pre-order, i mean sell. I've also seen a few of the same style about FFXII. It's good to know they can be somewhat trusted though i'll stay with Lik-Sang. I have a bad thing for false advertisement
happy.gif
;;

And also, thanks for the replies and the help
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HOLY CRAP. That means instead of waiting for the US release, it's going to come out sooner than I thought. But wait... why is the American release not until 2007? Can't they just take the english text from the Japanese version and release it like that?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't they just take the english text from the Japanese version and release it like that?

No, that's just way to simple. Game developpers and distributors are one of the few creatures left on earth we still don't fully inderstand.
Sure it's that simple. Look at Puyo Puyo Fever.
But of course, shipping, marketing, packaging all has to be re-done. Usually, English-speaking reigons get it later because of this. Look at Puyo Puyo Fever.

Pikaash2586

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I preordered my copy from Play-Asia as well. They initially promised Gyakuten Saiban NDS skins but stopped...

I'll be playing the ROM before it arrives...

Yes, it will have an English option. The first game had one as well.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Call me crazy if you will, but i've seen ads of them pretending to sell the US version of FF3 DS the day after it came out in jap. And this isn't a typo, i did not mean pre-order, i mean sell. I've also seen a few of the same style about FFXII. It's good to know they can be somewhat trusted though i'll stay with Lik-Sang. I have a bad thing for false advertisement
happy.gif
;;

they always do that. they advertise it so people and pre-order. they say that they won't withdraw the money from your account until they have the item and are going to ship it to you. and it also tells you the release date on the site. so they advertise it telling you when it is going to be released.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I may have to call you crazy Kurumi....because I refreshed play-asia pages probably every 5-10 minutes for a day straight to make sure I get my Limited FF3 Crystal DS and I saw the ads....they were clearly labeled which region they are and the US one was there but listed as a preorder.

Kurumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, I may have to call you crazy Kurumi....because I refreshed play-asia pages probably every 5-10 minutes for a day straight to make sure I get my Limited FF3 Crystal DS and I saw the ads....they were clearly labeled which region they are and the US one was there but listed as a preorder.

Then i'm crazy XD sorry. I still like Lik-sang more though. Or maybe they changed it /paranoia

tabs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lik-Sang seems to be a good site, but its seems they are more expensive.

Play-Asia seems to be a good site too, I was about to order but I managed to found the item here.

@ALL

Are there any other good Japanese games with Selectable Language (English)? Can anyone recommend some? Thanks!

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, im waiting for this game as well...
too bad, i can't play it straiight away as i have freakin huge load of assignmennts by the time it comes out......grrrrrrrr

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You might still want to consider waiting. The English translation for Gyakuten Saiban 2 is not being done by the same translator for the first game. He is currently translating FF12 (OMG). That means that the English translation is being done in-house by Capcom, and we all know how great they've been doing recently. (MMBN... ugh)
wink2.gif

It's possible that they might touch up the translation before they release Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All, but I wouldn't bet on it.
unsure.gif

Edit: VV Yes, but that involves too much thinking on my part.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here