Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour

LinkinParkmetre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are many downloadable songs on guitar hero.
These song can be stored onto an sd card

Do you know if it's possible to crack the sd card file, to copy songs files from one sd card to another one?
(transfer FREE songs, obviously)

Whtrvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
only way to find out is to buy a song and try giving the files to someone. i assume that it will also install a ticket or somehting, so you would need to do a nand dump. preferably do one before you buy a song, then again after you buy a song, so the dumps can be compared. if someone wants to do this i will take alook at the files/dumps and im sure ill be abl to come up with something, alternatively someone can donate some wii points to me and ill do it all. id buy them myself but just lost my job so money is kinda tight, on the other hand i have all the time in the world to mess with sh1t.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
good idea, free DLC. now thats a gooooooood idea
smile.gif

Whtrvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hrmm jus a thought. i noticed that when choosing a song when you dot have enough money tit instantly tells u no, seems this is the game doing the checks and not the server. maybe somene with a usb gecko can search for a code to modify th money left... just a thought.

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have done extensive research and testing of how to get custom(FREE!!!!!omgz in this case) songs and basically i am really close to being able to install hacked songs. I posted this but nobody responded to it so ill mention it again.
older post

for the lazy people who dont want to read about it, i have managed to pack the wad but i get errors when using the wad manager, because i think i screwed up the tmd file, so i just need somebody that knows a hell of a lot about the tmd or packing custom wads in general to help me out a bit

LinkinParkmetre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand what you're talking about
tongue.gif
, but you seem to be close of something
Put everything you've done here, skilled people will help

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Ill try to put it into an easy to read format (although I dont know why, because i need help from somebody who knows more about this than I do but whatever)

Basically the only way possible (at the moment) to install things on our wiis is through wads. So there is no way possible to do this with save file hacking or anything else. So first we need to have a 'base' song to work with so we dl a free one from the store. Then we dump it using the fs dumper, not the nand dumper and we look through the files. apparently 00000005 directory is where they keep the dlc files for games (according to 'any title deleter') so we browse to that directory and find a few files, mainly title.tmd and a few 23 or so megabyte files, and also a few smaller 0000000000xx.app files, that are the banner files, but remember its dlc so it really dosent have a banner, just a 'save file' picture.

so, in my testing i was just trying to repack the ones that i currently have. So when i stick it into a wad packer it says that there are not enough files. Looking closer into this, i found out that the title.tmd lists exactly 21 app files to pack. So i hexed that file to list only the 'banner' file and another small file that lists some important things, and the 23 mb song. This compiles correctly without error. Great. So i then fire up wad manager to install it, it finds it it installs the title and the ticket, but at the first app file it always fails with error -2011. I also discovered the title will show up on my system menu under save games as a blank 'bubble' without any text or picture. also clicking on this will not do anything. (I used any title deleter to remove this, and seemed to work.) So it seems that it is trying to install the 'banner' but gets stuck somewhere in doing this, probably because it is not a real channel and a 'invisible' one. Also i have tried using u8 extractor on the banner file, and it does not recognize it as one, so maybe its a special kind of banner that needs some extra something in it.

If anyone has any tips on what to do to fix this from packing it with special flags (im pretty sure i've tried everything, even renaming it ) to more hex editing, i would love to test out some of the ideas

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Major EDIT
So pretty much disregard all the errors that i had in my original post. I figured it out. I had the wrong damn common key!!!!!! I've been at this for like a month trying to figure out what the hell was wrong. I am so freaking PISSED.
So now the wad installs correctly! and the save file is clickable and everything

However when loading up wt, it gives me an error that the dlc is screwed up and i need to re download all of my purchases. so off to the drawing board again. Im pretty sure its possible to mess with the files its checking but it will take a while.

short version of all of above:
I'm able to install song wads in 'wii' mode, but wt does some verifying somewhere

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what is causing the problems are the wad packers. In general they look for 00000000.app-0000000xx.app x being the number of apps in the wad. however with world tour, the first app is 0000000D.app and goes on from there. I know that in the tmd you can specify what .app file goes in what index, but it seems the packers disregard this info and assume it goes from 0 to n. Im not positive that this is important because you can just rename these files and it will pack correctly and if the tmd points to the right files, you would assume it should work. However, when gh is looking at the nand, it may try to look for the other files that have been renamed, but again im not sure. anyone aware of a packer that will let you not start with 0000000.app?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i asked a question like this about 2 weeks ago too... it went like this:

'after downloading my apocalypse DLC i went to the saves area from the wii menu and saw that there are 2 different saves for gh:wt.

one is the actual game save and the other says 'GH world tour songs'

i saved all the songs i downloaded to my SD card so i think this is the data that says which songs have been bought from the music store. so because of the bricking possibilities that could arise on my wii i copied it to the SD card too and it said 'you cannot add this save to any other wii' (something like that anyways)

so my thought is that if you can extract that GH world tour songs save and then install it on another wii using the save extractor/ installer then maybe you'd be allowed to download the songs for free from the music store on the other wii?

also, has anyone actually come up with any way to get free DLC by editing this save file yet? just a few thoughts smile.gif

cheers.'

i ALSO asked this one...:

i've got a folder in the '\private\wii\title' bit called '73584150' whats that about? i was thinkin somethin like World tour data or something...

then in \private\wii i've got a DATA folder which has another folder which says sXAP (in full \private\wii\DATA\sXAP) and it has bin files which are numbered from 000, 001, 007, 008, 009, 013 and 017. the first 2 are 16Kb and 32Kb then the rest are in the 23Mb region, any clues about these?

so i guess that they are the WT saves and DLC huh? i dont think i've helped there at all coz the hacking the save file was pretty much the last point you made lol

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
you have to do what you did AND hack the savefile, which might be somewhat tricky.

how do you figure? I have never heard anything remotely similar to this and seems totally unnecessary.

I would assume all things you buy from the shop are exactly the same, you only need a title, ticket and some content.

Also, what would happen if you delete your save file/format and you have bought dlc in the past? i would assume it would let you redownload it just like every other wiiware/vc/dlc.

I would love for you to prove me wrong(so that i have something to go off of), but I see no reason for it to be true.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well the save file confirms what you have and have not downloaded right?

that might be your verification? if the save data isn't there for a particular song then it cant read the right info to say 'right, legal to launch' or 'legal to re-download' maybe? XD

BTW you said it told you to re-download the content. did you actually try that then? (stupid question i know lol) another thing that links this to the save could be that it needs to contain data on what you've downloaded so that it knows what to let you download/ play.

what i originally thought was that you could just hack the save to contain code for each individual song download (if you get me) so that you could just download it without installing wads etc. then you could update the save code or whatever with each new song when they're released.

but i guess thats not very practical really is it...

but what do i know, i'm a crap coder and i dont know much about this right now lol but it sounds good in my head XD

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all versions of FFCC:MLaaK that are supposedly "unlocked" are somewhat broken because they only tampered with the default save data, but never distributed any wads for some parts of the dlc that required it.

here you have done the opposite: created the dlc wads, but not hacked the game's default save-state, or released a savegame with the content bought.

there is my reasoning, and there may be more to it, but that's a start.

plasticpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use waninkoko's save installer if someone dumps theirs, so it goes like this:

1. Install DLC WAD.
2. Install save file.
3. FTW?

Would this work or no?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)