Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is BC and the other is NT ... both private trackers that are TOUGH to get on...
frown.gif
I never planned on uploading it to a public tracker. But since the douche that uploaded the WRONG/EARLIER version to TPB without my permission, i decided to upload the proper version with all the songs cause ppl were getting jipped with the other one...

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CosmoKramer said:
One is BC and the other is NT ... both private trackers that are TOUGH to get on...
frown.gif
I never planned on uploading it to a public tracker. But since the douche that uploaded the WRONG/EARLIER version to TPB without my permission, i decided to upload the proper version with all the songs cause ppl were getting jipped with the other one...

Does this version still have the "fucking tasty" instead of star power thing going on? Curious, since this is my favorite GHiii custom and my boy would really love to play it, but I'm not ready to explain the f work yet to my 6 year old.

Otherwise, good job on the custom.

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lagman said:
It doesn't say "Fucking Tasty" that was a completely different version. This one-CosmoKramer's- is much better, IMO at least.

Yes, you are correct lagman. My appologizes to CosmoKramer. This seems to be a fine release. I don't think CosmoKramer's release even has star power in it. Now I can throw away that other one and use this one.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
icon said:
Yes, you are correct lagman. My apologizes to CosmoKramer. This seems to be a fine release. I don't think CosmoKramer's release even has star power in it. Now I can throw away that other one and use this one.

It does, on expert
tongue.gif

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol.. Yes. There is only Star Power in Expert mode. I had to add in all the SP manaually with FeedBack because there was no auto SP injector at the time. I only play on expert and really made the Custom for myself, but still decided to share it. Sorry.

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, awesome job CosmoKramer. I love your custom.

Now, onto my question. I have a few custom discs that use the bugged mono version of Guitar Hero. Does anyone know if it's possible to convert this to stereo and keep all the custom songs? From what I understand, you customize in the same way for both, so theoretically there should already be stereo music on the disc.

I guess what I'm asking is what is changed between the mono and stereo versions of Guitar Hero. I did a little digging in the ISOs with WiiScrubber, but all the files that I thought might've been changed matched up perfect in the hex editor.

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have another Custom GH3 that I made. (CosmoKramer Edition).. If you guys are interested. It was the first one I made and only the Main setlist is replaced, which is 45 songs, i believe.. EXPERTY ONLY Difficutly.. Which kinda Stinks.. There are some Rock Band songs on there that I'm gonna change.. Since most ppl already have the Rock Band Custom and plus, it was at the time when the offical rockband audio wasn't ripped yet. (just the charts)... Here is the setlist.. Let me know.

Taken from my nfo:

Custom Guitar Hero 3 - Version 3 - by CoSmO (CosmoKramer420)

34 Custom Songs
9 Rock Band Songs (EXACT same Rock Band Notes, WITHOUT seperated audio)
3 Guitar Hero 1 Songs
Total = 46 Songs

NOTE: EXPERT DIFFICULTY ONLY - Sorry

NOTE 2: Every song is not the same sound quality. Custom songs are made from mp3's and ogg's. I got them all from the internet. And if you've downloaded songs before, then you know that all songs aren't the same quality. And plus all songs were converted to lower quality, as was all the other custom disks that have been released.

NOTE 3: I tried to match the difficulty of the songs to the respected Tier. But due to last minute changes, There are some songs that might not be in the right tiers. Meaning that, an easy(or easier) song might be in the later tiers, and vice versa. Due to last minutes changes. But not many. But you WILL notice some.

NOTE 4: Even tho it's only Expert difficulty, I assure you, even if your are on hard. You will be able to play this. But be warned, there ARE some hard songs. The main thing is to have fun.

Here is the setlist. Enjoy and please let me know what you think. Thanks

Tier 1
Fight For Your Right - Beastie Boys
Mike Tyson's Punchout - Minibosses
Smoke Two Joints - Sublime
Rocky Theme - Bill Conti
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie [Encore] (GH1)
In Bloom - Nirvana (RB)

Tier 2
Santeria - Sublime
Fire - Jimi Hendrix
Brainstew - Green Day
Pretty Fly For a White Guy - The Offspring
Crossroads - Cream [Encore] (GH1)
The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails (RB)

Tier 3
Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
Super Mario Bros. - Minibosses
Power of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin [Encore]
Real American - Hulk Hogan

Tier 4
Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt
Super Mario World - Soundshifter
HItchin' a Ride - Green Day
What's My Age Again - Blink 182
Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult [Encore] (RB)
Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones (RB)

Tier 5
Super Mario Bros. 2 - Minibosses
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
Walk This Way - Aerosmith
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Hotel California - The Eagles [Encore]
Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers (RB)

Tier 6
Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who (RB)
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group (GH1)
Free Ride - Edgar Winter Group [Encore]
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet (RB)

Tier 7
Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi (RB)
Interno - Symphany X
Jaws Of Life - Joe Petrucci [Encore]

Tier 8
Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Timmy & The Lords of The Underworld - Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld (RB)
Operation Ground & Pound - Dragonforce

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
gmi said:
Does the gh3 custom method work on aerosmith as well? Has someone tried yet?
It definitely should as GH:A is built on the GHIII engine. Though I haven't tried it yet. GH:A only has 41 songs, so, in my opinion, it's not really worth it to make a custom out of that. But to each their own...

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
gmi said:
It definitely should as GH:A is built on the GHIII engine. Though I haven't tried it yet. GH:A only has 41 songs, so, in my opinion, it's not really worth it to make a custom out of that. But to each their own...
Well, the engine used in GH:A is a huge improvement over the one in GH3. For me, especially, anyways. There's no longer this sluggish framerate thing going on for me anymore. And they made the lag calibration how it should've been from the start. So with GH:A on Wii, I've been able to at least help the lag situation a bit. Stupid GH3 not having separate audio and video adjustments...(in the Wii one, anyways. I know it's at least definitely in the 360 version)

gmi

Trophies
XP
Country
bobitos said:
gmi said:

Like SpikeyNDS said, some things have improved since gh3. Ho/po's aren't as easy, the graphics are a little better, score adjustments in pro face off etc

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry if this is been posted already in this huge tread, but I have a question:
What would be the better version that that has the GHII tracks and with stereo sound ?
Namely I'm after one of my favorite songs , Rock This Town, by Stray Cats( and any of the other Stray Cats songs as well of course ), and I know it's featured in GHII, but unfortunately I only own a Wii, therefore no GHII for me.
So which one should I be looking for ?
And again sorry if I'm too lazy to check over 350 posts.....

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont know if its against the rules to post friend codes here, but i'm guessing its not because its not like the wii gives you the ability to talk to anyone anyways, so i was wondering if anyone would just have a GH3 match with me.

i've never done one before online but they sound like fun
tongue.gif

so, heres the FC: 3308 1465 7465

and dont worry. i'm not bad at all at this game. lol pm me it or leave it here or somethin.

bluemeanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey... hope this is the right place to post this
I got two of those fonx disks, when I put in either my wii comes up with a screen telling me to eject the disk and restart
Got a PAL machine with a wiikey
Was I supposed to do anything other than just burn the iso and put it in the machine? Cant find anything on the net about others having the same problem so Im probably just doing something dumb.
Thanks for any tips

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trent_fox said:
First off, awesome job CosmoKramer. I love your custom.

Now, onto my question. I have a few custom discs that use the bugged mono version of Guitar Hero. Does anyone know if it's possible to convert this to stereo and keep all the custom songs? From what I understand, you customize in the same way for both, so theoretically there should already be stereo music on the disc.

I guess what I'm asking is what is changed between the mono and stereo versions of Guitar Hero. I did a little digging in the ISOs with WiiScrubber, but all the files that I thought might've been changed matched up perfect in the hex editor.

The 'music' files in both the original and 'fixed' versions of GHIII/Wii are identical and are indeed all in stereo. The sound engine (FMOD) was incorrectly implemented in the original which resulted in the lack of Dolby surround and even worse the lack of stereo separation when playing the files. If your custom songs are in stereo then you will notice a big difference if you place them into a 'fixed' GHIII iso. If you created your custom songs in mono to save on space then obviously they will still be mono when you place them in a 'fixed' GHIII iso.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.