Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 Announced, Welcoming Lone Samurai Baiken and Business Ninja Answer to the Cast

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
002_thumb-1.jpg

Since 2014 the intinal game in the Guilty Gear Xrd Sign has been released that featured a cast of new and old characters. During summer of 2016, an update called Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator was released, furthing increasting the cast of characters as fans get old classic favorites and new ones to play with. Now it strikes again. Just like past street fighter game updates, in form of "Must buy new game" to update, Arc system works announced at the end of the Aksysy game awards 2016 That happened ealier today another update, called Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 for Playstation 3 Playstation 4 and PC via steam.

This update includes two new addition characters, A business ninja called Answer, and classic returning character, lone samurai Baiken. Not much else was announced but as with other updates, will include balance gameplay changes and maybe other surprises. No release date is given but will be released in spring later this year.

A promotional trailer shows off two characters that will be added to the cast: “Business Ninja” Answer, who appeared in Story Mode and “Lone Samurai” Baiken, who also made an appearance in the narrative, as well as in the past Guilty Gear games. There will be additional Story Mode content, online play changes, and larger rebalances for the cast than compared to -REVELATOR- 1-1, which select characters even gaining new moves.

Arc System Works doesn’t have a price point yet, but the company said it will make it “affordable” during the presentation. There will be a retail disc for the PlayStation 4 version, while PS3 and Steam will get it in form of DLC. PS4 users will also be able to upgrade their -REVELATOR- copy, if they do not wish to buy the new disc version. REV 2 is expected to hit arcades this Spring.

On January 20th until the 22nd, location tests for REV 2 will begin.

:arrow:SOURCE

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck yeah, I love me some Guilty Gear. Didn't know a PC version was released - better put it on my Steam wishlist!
Well the 3rd update since 2014, hope this is the last, tired of buying a new game that cost full price for more content instead of just some update or DLC that can be downloaded for less cost to the original game like street fighter IV. :P

But i wanna play with the ninja, he... or she seem funny. :)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well the 3rd update since 2014, hope this is the last, tired of buying a new game that cost full price for more content instead of just some update or DLC that can be downloaded for less cost to the original game like street fighter IV. :P

But i wanna play with the ninja, he... or she seem funny. :)
Baiken, she's a samurai :P One-armed at that, pretty badass. Yeah, I'm not a fan of buying the same game three times but it seems to be the norm in the fighting games scene. Good thing I'm not a SF guy myself :P

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baiken, she's a samurai :P One-armed at that, pretty badass. Yeah, I'm not a fan of buying the same game three times but it seems to be the norm in the fighting games scene. Good thing I'm not a SF guy myself :P

No, i mean the business ninja answer. I know who baiken is since i known her in other games. The new guy or girl... fights by using paper as weapons. :P

Is probably not the best time to be a street fighter guy anyway especially if you are just casual player liike me not competitive. But yeah, Street fighter 2 updates were like that and that was pretty bad, so i didn't think this game would be like that all of a sudden. I just bought the xrd revelator back in november during black friday but now a new one comes soon? I could have just waited. :blink:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't know people liked using him. I figured it was the same situation with order sol or robo ky :P
Played a bunch Testament back in reloaded - also Robo Ky and LOTS of Order Sol. I just wanted to master that damned Dragon Install, but the best I could was doing the entire combo minus the last keypress :( One of these days!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played a bunch Testament back in reloaded - also Robo Ky and LOTS of Order Sol. I just wanted to master that damned Dragon Install, but the best I could was doing the entire combo minus the last keypress :( One of these days!
I think the worst part of dragon install was th fact that he gets into stun state after it ends so if you don''t know the enemy down, before it happens, is a free combo. The tutorial section has nice information on how to play with characters and against them, but nothing about how to properly use dragon install which could have been nice, since i don't see many players use it. I just like how he look more like some neon dragon and the music change. :P

So no one liked that yo-yo girl bridget? :creep:

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the worst part of dragon install was th fact that he gets into stun state after it ends so if you don''t know the enemy down, before it happens, is a free combo. The tutorial section has nice information on how to play with characters and against them, but nothing about how to properly use dragon install which could have been nice, since i don't see many players use it. I just like how he look more like some neon dragon and the music change. :P

So no one liked that yo-yo girl bridget? :creep:

Bridget isn't a girl it's a boy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1