Review Guild's Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Review

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
. No large orchestras here, but it does do a nice job of revamping some Gold and Silver tunes. Nothing memorable,

I would call Lances/Reds Theme Memorable (My favourite theme in all of pokemon),
Also i noticed in your review you mentioned "Gary" as Blue? In HG/SS he is called Green isnt he? cause... Fire RED, Leaf GREEN?
anyways, i liked your review, and i agreeon most of it
happy.gif

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE POKETHOLON THING!
~However you spell it~

kaisai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
DeMoN said:
Gold/Silver/and Crystal all had Kanto (as well as Johto), which is why most people consider them to be the best Pokemon games.
I don't remember any time traveling in Gold though, but there may have been in Crystal.
The time traveling is new that will occur in HG/SS with an event Celebi. It never happened in the original G/S/C.

There was a Celebi event in the jap games. If I remember right it was also called the GS event. It was one of the things that Nintendo toke out of the english games. However if you used a Gameshark you could of gotten the event. I dont think you could of gotten it anyother way. I remember doing it when I first heard about it. And I think it was just for Crystal.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaisai said:
triassic911 said:
DeMoN said:
Gold/Silver/and Crystal all had Kanto (as well as Johto), which is why most people consider them to be the best Pokemon games.
I don't remember any time traveling in Gold though, but there may have been in Crystal.
The time traveling is new that will occur in HG/SS with an event Celebi. It never happened in the original G/S/C.

There was a Celebi event in the jap games. If I remember right it was also called the GS event. It was one of the things that Nintendo toke out of the english games. However if you used a Gameshark you could of gotten the event. I dont think you could of gotten it anyother way. I remember doing it when I first heard about it. And I think it was just for Crystal.

It was for Crystal, and it required some exclusive mobile phone service thing in Japan that wasn't in the US. That's why it didn't make the final cut. But it basically just got you Celebi, from what I remember.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great review. I get dry mouth thinking about this game. Mostly for the nostagia but hey i dont care.

So i have a question for ya guildy. how do they handle the gen 3 and 4 pokemon. I know this is nit picky but imo i really dont want the 3rd and 4th cluttering up my second gen game. are they sprinkled about or are they handled like they were in red and green? i remember that they kept the new ones out till you got to the orange islands. That would be nice...

kaisai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
What about the Pokewalker? You don't mention it in the review at all...

if you want to know a bit about the Pokewalker its just a little side thing you can do for fun, get pokemon, find items, etc. thats all but i know i cant wait to play with my pokewalker cuz i just got a new battey cell for my old Pokemon Pikachu 2
gbasp.gif

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Oh...That's awesome! Is the one where you travel back in time graphically the same as Gold/Silver for GBC? Also, I have played Gold/Silver...I thought it was Crystal that only went back to Kanto.

That reminds me of Kingdom Hearts when Sora goes back in time and meet the old mickey

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kanto is kinda overrated to me. I mean sure it's great and all, but being able to go there shouldn't mean the game is the best because of it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
Kanto is kinda overrated to me. I mean sure it's great and all, but being able to go there shouldn't mean the game is the best because of it.

Well, it's the fact that you have 16 badges and twice the area to explore. Kanto isn't my favorite continent but the fact that it's there makes the game a lot longer and a lot more expansive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb