(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all thanks to Scrolls.

;O;

Pretty sure it was 0x10c or whatever that game was called.

It's funny too, he was hyping the shit out of 0x10c and Scrolls and then sold his company, got filthy rich, and buggered off.

My life goal is to make a game to attract autistic 12 year olds until it becomes enough of a fad that I can just sell it and spend all day masturbating in my dedicated candy room.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So the Xbox One finally sold over 10 million units... not to retailers this time, 10 million units sold to End-Users (the difference being that systems sold to retailers do not "generate revenue" as instead of selling software they're just gathering dust in warehouses).

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252606/xbox-one-sales-top-10-million-worldwide/

Meanwhile, the PS4 sits proudly at 17 million, only 1 million away from owning 50% of the market.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252...ldwide-less-than-1m-away-from-50-marketshare/

inb4vgchartz, yes, I know, I would prefer a better source myself, but I can't be arsed. B-)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>VGChartz

You might as well say "the homeless guy across the street told me!"

:whip:

Frank is wrong about many things (I mean everybody knows it is the mole people that control the aliens that run the UN, not the mole people controlling lizard people that control the UN) but he does know his console sales figures.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For those of you that don't speak my superior otaku language... Sony has sold 18.5 million PS4s to consumers worldwide.
Meanwhile, PS2 sold 60 million units in its first year. PS3 sold 30 million. PS4 sold only 18 million? New age indeed. ;O;

Reactions: TripleSMoon

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is not so much flamebait but I do not want to be the one to start the first "GBAtemp vs/completely misunderstanding the concept of intellectual property" thread of 2015.

It was mentioned on IRC so I went looking
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/rules

MS clarified the rules on usage of game footage of theirs, save for minecraft which is still governed by its own agreement for the time being (I am betting on it being brought into the fold in about 18 months, maybe with a "content published after this date/with this version*" aside). Nintendo's efforts however long ago were just the efforts of a lumbering stupid giant, this is something a bit more thought out and bit more likely to kneecap quire a few people (no footage from hacking** for instance, nothing lewd, obscene, vulgar.... does rather hurt the ability of many a comedy creator, though parody might help there).

*"oh look this is minecraft [v1.9] 2 - the sequelling, now follows the guidelines"

**hacking vs modding would be a debate I would like to see. Especially as I would definitely blur the lines so very heavily there if it came down to it, and even without someone like me doing that the mod makers pushing things to the limit of the "dev provided tools" (which I guess would be the starting point of a definition) can do some odd things.

"drug use or any illegal activity"
Do fags and booze count as drug use in US legal terms? I genuinely do not know and for many places that might be classified otherwise.

Can't be behind a paywall* or on the same page as you are advertising something**.

*I am drawn to wonder what goes for the "pay for HD" and "pay to get it a week before everybody else" crowds, even if I am not a fan of those models.

**with commission based adverts and sidebar adverts this could get odd.

"You cannot enter into any agreement with someone else to exclusively distribute your Item even if they don't pay you."
I wonder how that works for content distribution networks, leeches though they may be, work here.

"Distribution of your Item in any form constitutes a grant by you of a royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide, license to Microsoft and any of Microsoft's partners or users to use, modify and distribute that Item (and derivatives of that Item), and use your name if we choose to, for any purpose and without obligation to pay you anything, obtain your approval, or give you credit."

Now in part I can see this, and indeed the next line mentions (in rather informal language) it is to stop lawsuits for similar ideas, as there have been a few cases of fan fiction vs the original creator at times -- your wholly unoriginal and rather well worn concepts for a story but done relatively in keeping with the theme/tone/universe logic side story might well have been the next step for the franchise. On the other hand that is pretty broad.

They also mention sound effects and word it such that it implies they might not own everything they have such that they can license it onwards, whether this is just a restating of the "we don't own everything in games", going on to give the example of forza and car brands, tracks and licensed music bit from elsewhere or something more I do not know.

Interestingly at no point does it mention reviews, criticism or anything like that. Obviously that is part of the copyright exemptions but I would have at least though a "your statutory rights are not affected" type thing would have been in there.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"It was an excellent week for the PlayStation Vita, as not only was God Eater 2: Rage Burst the #1 game of the week with 234,000 sold, but hardware sales rose to 35,200 and managed to defeat the two New Nintendo 3DS models combined. Elsewhere, the PlayStation 4 rose again in sales 24,700, finishing 2nd overall ahead of the New Nintendo 3DS XL."

~http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...s-vita-defeats-new-3ds-order-1886-debuts-25k/

C2hUExb.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over